Marvel Studios flicks are soulless cash cows.

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Like the OP even posted on this very page (in response to that same Monkeypunch post), "what's the point in talking about anything?" A better question would be what's the point in posting such a short and empty excuse for a tirade on a discussion forum. It's no different to all those threads about which movies are overrated - there's not even any worthwhile insight (at least not from the OP), it's just somewhere for people to stick their extremely binary agree/disagree opinions, to say nothing of a title so shamelessly provocative that my first thought was that it had been started by a well-known DC-loving troll instead of someone looking to actually talk about the strengths and weaknesses of certain movies. Where is the line between "blowing off steam" and being a troll, and how easy is it to miss if you happen to agree with the OP's sentiments?

Haha, Iro please get off your high horse when the most prominent threads on this forum are crap like, what are you eating/drinking atm. This is not a sophisticated forum. This thread seems pretty par for the course to me.

Venting off steam is not quantitatively as much of a purpose as... wait what is the purpose of sharing what you're eating?

At least this thread is related to cinema.

I am sure you know what the point is, or else you wouldn't bother yourself. We all do what we want, and we want to be here and we want to talk. We enjoy it.

Whatever, it's not like this kind of vacuous negativity is inherently better than a food thread just because it's about movies on a movie forum. It's counter-productive, especially when we're a decade deep into this franchise and people know whether or not these movies are for them. Might as well post in Word Association.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Big deal if they're cash cows. I'm sure everyone who works on them isnt crying themselves to sleep every night.

This might just do nobody any good.
Kevin Feige: "I read someone didn't like Marvel movies..."

Whatever, it's not like this kind of vacuous negativity is inherently better than a food thread just because it's about movies on a movie forum. It's counter-productive, especially when we're a decade deep into this franchise and people know whether or not these movies are for them. Might as well post in Word Association.
"Just because it's about movies" it is so cute when you pretend to know what you're talking about.

No one said it was better, but it is more meaningful to vent steam and express honest feelings than to casually chit chat.

Just wait until after the Infinity War flicks. The Marvel cinematic universe will have a bigger step down in returns then they are having now.

As big and popular as the Marvel Cinematic Universe is, it will soon come to an end. As has every other big wave or genre movement.

And the DCEU is already having quality issues. The comic book movie boom will be over soon.

"Just because it's about movies" it is so cute when you pretend to know what you're talking about.

No one said it was better, but it is more meaningful to vent steam and express honest feelings than to casually chit chat.
Speaking of pretending to know what you're talking about, how exactly do you distinguish between something being better and something being more meaningful?

Speaking of pretending to know what you're talking about, how exactly do you distinguish between something being better and something being more meaningful?
Are you even following this conversation? The food thread was an arbitrary example. Don't take the conversation down a rabbit hole. All of the reasons you bashed this thread for could be said about your own posts, and none of the criteria you gave apply to the food thread. They are just double standards and projections.

You can be part of the problem or part of the solution. Argue endlessly or offer some meaningful discussion. It's up to you.

As opposed to you having started multiple threads centred around the exact same "blockbusters are vapid and useless" premise as this thread, which all turned out more or less the same as this one did? At least a "what are you eating" thread is benign in its intent, but a thread like this is the worst of both worlds - it provokes all sorts of responses but no serious discussions because, like I said before, people have had plenty of time and chances to make up their minds about this particular franchise and the odds of them changing through discussion in these threads are minimal (as your threads quite clearly prove). It's the same kind of inflexible responses that could fill a food thread, but with a pretense towards potentially meaningful discussion that doesn't (and quite possibly can't) eventuate as the thread goes on, which makes it much more susceptible to criticism as a result.

After all, it is pretty telling that the only significant exchanges in this thread so far have been less about people's opinions of the movies themselves and more about whether or not there's any point in this thread even existing. You want to defend people starting threads like this for the sake of personal catharsis but it's not like the threads you started made a difference either.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Big deal if they're cash cows. I'm sure everyone who works on them isnt crying themselves to sleep every night.
Then they have no souls, and are in bigger trouble than not being able to sleep.

As opposed to you having started multiple threads centred around the exact same "blockbusters are vapid and useless" premise as this thread, which all turned out more or less the same as this one did? At least a "what are you eating" thread is benign in its intent, but a thread like this is the worst of both worlds - it provokes all sorts of responses but no serious discussions because, like I said before, people have had plenty of time and chances to make up their minds about this particular franchise and the odds of them changing through discussion in these threads are minimal (as your threads quite clearly prove). It's the same kind of inflexible responses that could fill a food thread, but with a pretense towards potentially meaningful discussion that doesn't (and quite possibly can't) eventuate as the thread goes on, which makes it much more susceptible to criticism as a result.

After all, it is pretty telling that the only significant exchanges in this thread so far have been less about people's opinions of the movies themselves and more about whether or not there's any point in this thread even existing. You want to defend people starting threads like this for the sake of personal catharsis but it's not like the threads you started made a difference either.
tl/dr, man you took argue endlessly a little too literally there lol.