Should posts on ignore be completely hidden?

Tools    

And for anyone who "keeps" an ignore list - get off the internet and get back in the playpen, you've got some growing up to do.
That makes no sense. I'm here to enjoy myself & if someone makes me miserable that person is going into ignore. Life is too short to deal with that.

That makes no sense. I'm here to enjoy myself & if someone makes me miserable that person is going into ignore. Life is too short to deal with that.
Yeah anyone that says using the Ignore User list is stunting themselves from human development and it's a sign of weakness must consider ....... does that pertain to all the people that put themselves on the national telemarketing Do Not Call list?!

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	s4w2o0.png
Views:	1108
Size:	266.0 KB
ID:	34093  

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Yeah anyone that says using the Ignore User list is stunting themselves from human development and it's a sign of weakness must consider ....... does that pertain to all the people that put themselves on the national telemarketing Do Not Call list?!

Yeah that argument has come up before and I dont get it. I avoid people in the real world who get up my nose. Hell, I even avoid my mechanic's cranky old dog who charges at people and gives a nip. I come him for fun, not to be barked at or have cat crap thrown at me in the sand pit. if ignore gives people n intermission from debbie downers I dont see what the problem is.

I wholeheartedly agree with Dani and Stirchley on the subject matter. If we already have the option which enables us to create an enviromement we feel comfortable with, than why wouldn't we use it ? Most of us come here to enjoy and have fun , so why wouldn't we be proactive with things that prevent us from doing so . Clever remarks above which suggest we're immature and have no business being on the internet (joke or not?) because we're keeping an ignore list are not only unmitigated nonsense, but also indignant and condescending as well.

I've never seen a forum that didnt have the function.

I wholeheartedly agree with Dani and Stirchley on the subject matter. If we already have the option which enables us to create an enviromement we feel comfortable with, than why wouldn't we use it ? Most of us come here to enjoy and have fun , so why wouldn't we be proactive with things that prevent us from doing so . Clever remarks above which suggest we're immature and have no business being on the internet (joke or not?) because we're keeping an ignore list are not only unmitigated nonsense, but also indignant and condescending as well.
Commenting about people that use the Ignore User function as indignant & condescending, might be accurate in some cases, and inaccurate in others. Some people overuse it at times , but to never ignore at all would be somewhat ignorant < Clever play on words, me am smart.

Now as for certain IU tweaks requested....I agree I wish theres a way to make their Quotes disappear. One of the 3 I have on Ignore is there because he likes to give Spoilers in a tongue n cheek fashion. So when he is quoted it kinda defeats the purpose, but hey, IU is better than nothing.

As for erasing any thread they open from being seen......well that goes beyond a tweak in the IU function. That actually falls more in line with something rarely if ever discussed here at MoFo. Beyond the Ignore User, BEYOND a banning even! That would fall in line with the Ultimate Nullifier Ban

This is a ban that would erase any and all proof that the person ever posted at MoFo, would not just ban them, but erase every post and thread they ever made. "Too much?" you may ask? Well, yeah probably Even someone we dont like can come up with a good thread idea, and that overkill would only do more harm to our experience and not theirs.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Reed_Richards_uses_the_Ultimate_Nullifier_from_Fantastic_Four_Vol_1_50.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	305.1 KB
ID:	34101   Click image for larger version

Name:	detail-130-ultimate-nullifier.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	34102  

I usually run my own version of the internet voight kampf test. When I find a flake, I keep them on the flake list and never take them seriously unless they profoundly break through, which, never happens/

I usually ignore them without using the ignore list, it works for me, i just skip past their posts.
So do I and found that pretty useful on imdb but sometimes a rabid barking dog needs to be muzzled. I wish I had an ignore function for the poor dog over the back fence.

@Jeff Costello @TONGO

Have you guys tried the Grease Monkey add on for Firefox, Chrome or Android, to block quoted post and avatars from people on your ignore list? That might do just what you guys want. I don't know I haven't tried it and don't have anyone on my ignore list.

So do I and found that pretty useful on imdb but sometimes a rabid barking dog needs to be muzzled. I wish I had an ignore function for the poor dog over the back fence.
who is the rabid barking dog dani8 ? anybody attacking your country ( australia ) or your religion ( christianity ) ? tell me , i shall deal with him

Alright, fair play both of you.

Anyway, this issue was decided long ago (the ignore thing), so no need to litigate the legitimacy of the feature itself. It exists for a reason and will continue to exist in one form or another. I imagine we probably all agree that it should exist, and that it can be abused, like anything else.

I'll leave this thread open a bit longer in case people have any new ideas or feedback.

I think it's fine as it is. There if people need it. Those who dont feel the need dont have to.

I tried to ignore someone because I dont like their avatar piercing a laser hole thru my head into the back of my brain, but although I put them on ignore, their avatar is still showing on the "whos online" section. So, ignoring them has no real useful effect for me as it isnt their words that bother me.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I tried to ignore someone because I dont like their avatar
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I tried to ignore someone because I dont like their avatar piercing a laser hole thru my head into the back of my brain, but although I put them on ignore, their avatar is still showing on the "whos online" section. So, ignoring them has no real useful effect for me as it isnt their words that bother me.
Don’t think I have ever looked at the who’s online section. Do you go there often?