Movies that make you cry?

Tools    

Hello everyone! I ran out of movies to watch and I'm starving for more to watch. Idk but I'm in the mood for sad movies that make you cry a river. And I would like movies which: the main character is a kid or a dog (well this one will sure makes everyone cry). So if you have any movie recommendations for me please reply below thanks before!

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
Grave of the Fireflies
Puella Magi Madoka Magica Parts I and II
Old Yeller

Finished here. It's been fun.
Umberto D.

Its about an old man and his dog trying to survive on little money in post-war Italy.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Hello everyone! I ran out of movies to watch and I'm starving for more to watch. Idk but I'm in the mood for sad movies that make you cry a river. And I would like movies which: the main character is a kid or a dog (well this one will sure makes everyone cry). So if you have any movie recommendations for me please reply below thanks before!

The Champ (1979) starring John Voight and Ricky Schroder.

If that movie doesn't make you cry, then you just don't have a heart.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
L'Image manquante
Akahige
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

The Straight Story
The Lion King
The Bucket List
American History X
The Finale of Breaking Bad

What's Eating Gilbert Grape. Early Johnny Depp and Leonardo DiCaprio. "Where's Arnie?"
Toy Story 3 got me good. Mostly a happy flick but there are some parts that just ripped my heart out.
Life is Beautiful, a WWII flick made by Roberto Benigni. The final scene gets me.
The Last Picture Show. Peter Bogdonovich in top form. Beautifully sad movie. Terribly sad movie.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
La Strada, it was Guileta Massina's character who really touched me. It was a role I tried to give my tears to. She was always called ugly (when in fact, she's very beautiful), and her naivete is sweet. She just wants to be loved, or at least noticed. She asks Zampano (Anthony Quinn), "Don't you like me even a little?" or "Would you be a little sad if I died," and he can only come back with a laugh, "What? Are you planning to die?"

I don't know about movies where I cry throughout, but there are certain scenes in certain movies that ALWAYS make me cry...a few off the top of my head:

The ending of The Purple Rose of Cairo rips my guts out every time I watch it.

In Titanic, I always cry when Rose jumps off the lifeboat and runs back to Jack, who, while smothering her in kisses, keeps repeating, "You're so stupid, Rose, you're so stupid!"

In the 1972 film Sounder, I always lose it when Paul Winfield returns home from prison and Cicely Tyson runs about a mile and a half to greet him, screaming his name...Tyson is just devastating in that scene.

Denzel Washington's final visit to Tom Hanks in his hospital room in Philadelphia

When Tevye rejects daughter Chava after learning that she has married outside the Jewish faith in Fiddler on the Roof

When Richard Pryor's Piano Man gets beat up in Lady Sings the Blues

When George tells Martha that their "son" is dead in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

When Vivien Leigh realizes she's being committed and tries to run away in A Streetcar Named Desire

When Will Smith pushes his foot against the restroom door when someone tries to open it in order to hide the fact that he and his son have to sleep there that night in The Pursuit of Happyness

When Dustin Hoffman has to explain to son Justin Henry why his mother left in Kramer VS Kramer

Lord High Filmquisitor
A Christmas Story (1999) - This isn't so surprising, since I cry when reading the book too. The Ghost of Christmas Present segment always gets me. On a tangental note, Patrick Stewert is ana amazing Scrooge.

That's okay. Nobody's perfect!
I guess I'm just a romantic at heart but one of the most emotional scenes for me and always touches my heart is when:

Richard Burton forsakes his own safety, freedom, and his very life in West Berlin, drops back over the Berlin Wall, to be with Claire Bloom, whom he has cruelly used, as she lies dying and alone at the foot of the wall in East Berlin.

The Spy Who Came in From the Cold by Martin Ritt (1965)

That's okay. Nobody's perfect!
Of course THE classic meeting your criteria is :

Old Yeller (1957) Robert Stevenson

I'll just list a few sad movies not necessarily with dogs or kids.

- Million Dollar Baby
- Seven Pounds
- The Green Mile
- Hachi: A Dog's Tale
- The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas