Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

I've seen this movie TWICE(!!!!!) because my college volleyball coach put it on in the charter bus on our way to tournaments.

Please imagine being trapped on a charter bus, trying to do your topology homework, while Paint Your Wagon blares in the background.

I've got to ask which department? Asking since topology can refer to different things in different departments, and the one my mind is jumping to... that would be rough.

I truly think my only knowledge of Paint Your Wagon comes from the Simpsons episode parodying it.
Ditto (though the writers of that episode admitted that they hadn't even see it either); "Gonna paint your wagon, gonna paint it fine..."

I've got to ask which department? Asking since topology can refer to different things in different departments, and the one my mind is jumping to... that would be rough.
https://people.math.harvard.edu/~ctm...rse/course.pdf

(That's just the subject, I did not take my class at Harvard. And the one I was taking was at the 300-level, so a lot more writing).

Also, that was the year that I learned that I could not spell the word "separate", to the extent that my Topology professor commented on it.

I truly think my only knowledge of Paint Your Wagon comes from the Simpsons episode parodying it.
Save yourself and keep it that way.

https://people.math.harvard.edu/~ctm...rse/course.pdf

(That's just the subject, I did not take my class at Harvard. And the one I was taking was at the 300-level, so a lot more writing).

Also, that was the year that I learned that I could not spell the word "separate", to the extent that my Topology professor commented on it.

That was the one I was wondering if you were referring to. I would have had... a challenge having to reason in a moving vehicle while listening to music that probably wouldn't have appealed to me. But I can speculate on that end.
Mostly the last part. Admittedly, that course (or equivalent thereof) was one I was aware of, but didn't take, but did skim through the textbook for the class at my school. That and distance in time is probably making it seem more challenging in my mind that what it was. Though, I think most of math courses at that level, I wouldn't have wanted to be doing assignments for in those conditions.

That was the one I was wondering if you were referring to. I would have had... a challenge having to reason in a moving vehicle while listening to music that probably wouldn't have appealed to me. But I can speculate on that end.
Mostly the last part. Admittedly, that course (or equivalent thereof) was one I was aware of, but didn't take, but did skim through the textbook for the class at my school. That and distance in time is probably making it seem more challenging in my mind that what it was. Though, I think most of math courses at that level, I wouldn't have wanted to be doing assignments for in those conditions.
I really liked Topology. I have a horrible time imagining objects (we had to draw so many!), but I was good with the set theory/functions/isomorphisms stuff. I really love gorgeous proofs, and Topology had some really elegant ones. Ironically the math I love the most (number theory/combinatorics) is what I'm the least capable at, and the math I love the least (stats) is what I did best at.

Worst bus-work experience was easily trying to write computer code . . . by hand in a notebook because I didn't have a laptop. And I was always making kind of dumb mistakes, but what can you do? We'd leave school on a Friday afternoon and get back either late Saturday or Sunday afternoon with assignments due Monday.

Worst bus-work experience was easily trying to write computer code . . . by hand in a notebook because I didn't have a laptop. And I was always making kind of dumb mistakes, but what can you do? We'd leave school on a Friday afternoon and get back either late Saturday or Sunday afternoon with assignments due Monday.
Back in high school when I was taking an intro to programming course, the teacher stressed the importance of writing "pseudo code" before we actually coded.

When he actually saw my work, he went on a tirade. "That's not pseudo code! That's just regular code!"

Had another stab at this. Ugh, excruciating. One of the worst movies I’ve ever seen.

50 shades of grey.

I bailed out of this because of the atrocious lighting. Talk about through a glass darkly.