The Hall of Infamy

Tools    

#10:

Paul Blart: Mall Cop

Nominated By: Someone with bad taste in film.

Ballot Rankings: 10th, 10th, 10th, 10th, 10th, 10th, 10th, 10th, 10th

Total points: 9

"How was this movie nominated? It's not bad at all. It's actually one of the best films of all time. Fortunately, it will undoubtedly top the ongoing comedies countdown." -Everyone

#9:

Trog

Nominated By: beelzebubble

Ballot Rankings: 5th, 8th, 8th, 8th, 8th, 9th, 9th, 9th, 9th

Total Points: 17

The script is terribly stupid. I imagine there was zero research put into this. But hey, back then you would have had to put some effort into research. Like going to a library or opening a book. Now all you have to do is Google to find out that Trog would not have been alive during the time of the dinosaurs. Maybe that is a silly quibble to have with such a cheese fest but I think it goes along with leaden dialogue in this movie.

#8:

Organ

Nominated By: ueno_station54

Ballot Rankings: 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 9th

Total Points: 35

One of those films that just feels double its runtime. Every scene meanders about indefinitely but at the same time its so narratively dense with like a million characters that don't add anything but make the film impossible to follow. I'm not opposed to films that are difficult to follow at all but this definitely has a clear story, its just told to you so poorly. I'm actually not even sure if the film is non-linear or not.

I had Organ at #8, so I'm exactly in line with the consensus so far.

I feel like there was a better movie inside Organ that needed the right direction to emerge from its cocoon, but it never really got there. Despite that disappointment (and how hard to follow it became in the end), I didn't hate what we ultimately ended up with.

#7:

R.O.T.O.R.

Nominated By: PHOENIX74

Ballot Rankings: 3rd, 5th, 5th, 6th, 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 8th

Total Points: 36

R.O.T.O.R. aims to be an 80s sci-fi/action film, and both falls short while at the same time very much being it's own strange beast. It's a shoddy product, and when it came to promotion that whole aspect of the film was front and center - because obviously the film's poster had been semi-plagiarized from the one for Mad Max in the previous decade. I guess you could stretch that to 'homage' - and as you can see below, it was changed just enough to avoid any claims on it :

R.O.T.O.R. was #3 on my ballot. I was expecting to admire it as a so-bad-it's-good film, but sadly, it was just very dull and uninteresting.