Site looks off

Tools    

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I hold my phone horizontally so there's no need to zoom. I can see everything.
I can't even imagine how this would work, at least not without hiding a ton of the site and losing that "I can see the whole site" thing we've been talking about.

I mean, some of this is just math. The screen is small, it's not going to be possible to see and use the site. Either you're zoomed out and can "see" things, but only the general outline and structure, or you're zoomed in so you can read them all and interact with them. I'll grant that it's going to feel different, especially if you've spent years getting used to it one way and now it's another way, but I'm not sure how it's even possible that anyone was accomplishing these two mutually exclusive things simultaneously on their phones.
With the phone held horizontally, I can read everything on my screen across the entire width of the site without having to zoom in or to scroll from right to left.

I dont know what change you made but are you absolutely certain that you can't make that change without changing the desktop view for mobile users? Also, can you make an upload image feature for the mobile view?

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Am I just suppose to sit here and pretend like I may like it later down the road? Like for example, I can't even link an image for the Hall of Fame on this. And even if I can which I'm sure there's a way, it's certainly not user friendly.

Yeah, this breaks a lot of functionality for me.

I’m on a large mobile device (iPhone plus) so the mobile interface is just not needed for me.
Hmm, my phone's about the same size, and stuff is definitely not legible by default on it. At least, not the basic stuff.

I get that it’s a first world problem and may cause you work, so I ain’t going to be a dick about it.
I appreciate that, thanks. At this point I appreciate anyone actually talking about this.

I dont know what change you made but are you absolutely certain that you can't make that change without changing the desktop view for mobile users? Also, can you make an upload image feature for the mobile view?
Aye, as I mentioned just a few minutes ago, you can already upload on mobile. Go to reply (the talk bubbles on posts, just not Quick Reply) and attach with the button below the text box.

You ready? You look ready.
Yeah, I don’t hold my phone horizontally. But if I did then viewing the site is beautiful because my phone is the width of the site. No zooming necessary. Just scrolling.

Legibility doesn’t matter to me. Functionality is the most important thing for me. And these two layouts are vastly different function wise. Mobile is like a neutered show dog.

No offense.

Am I just suppose to sit here and pretend like I may like it later down the road?
That's actually really common, yeah. But it sounds like you've already made up your mind.

Like for example, I can't even link an image for the Hall of Fame on this. And even if I can which I'm sure there's a way, it's certainly not user friendly.
Something is not user friendly if it's in a place that doesn't make sense or is hard to use or see, but not because a user doesn't already know where it is just because things are new, for example. This is an important distinction, and one I've been trying to talk about.

But, as I've been saying, if people can work with me and offer good faith feedback, we can add more features and see what's missing.

Legibility doesn’t matter to me. Functionality is the most important thing for me. And these two layouts are vastly different function wise. Mobile is like a neutered show dog.

No offense.
None taken, especially since a lot of that functionality can be added, and therefore the problem can be fixed.

If the problem for someone is "this isn't what I'm used to," or they refuse to even really try it, well, that can't be fixed, unfortunately.

That's actually really common, yeah. But it sounds like you've already made up your mind.

Something is not user friendly if it's in a place that doesn't make sense or is hard to use or see, but not because a user doesn't already know where it is just because things are new, for example. This is an important distinction, and one I've been trying to talk about.

Second, as I've been saying, if people can work with me and offer good faith feedback, we can add more features and see what's missing.
Smiles, editing toolbar, thumbs up count on posts, and ability to see who has given thumbs up on posts.

I’ll find more I’m sure.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

A means to upload images for the mobile view and to post them is a necessity for many of the threads here. I don't like hotlinking because these images tend to not show up.
Fair, on the hotlinking.

You can upload images on mobile right now, though, just hit one of the reply/quote bubbles on a post, and the button will be right below the text box. It's just not on Quick Reply, though we can see about adding it there, too.
I clicked on the quote button but I dont see an add image button below the text box, just a navigation button. The upload attachment does appear only after clicking on the preview button. However, the upload button doesn't seem to work.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200127-170038_Chrome.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	368.1 KB
ID:	59923  

Yep, makes sense. Most of those are at the top of the list, so we're on the same page about the important stuff.
I also prefer to see profile pictures next to everything we do. Visually it is easier to discern who is replying to threads and who is online. With mobile you are basically asking me to read more.

I've switched back to desktop even though you can't see half the screen.
Ditto. I have resorted to holding my phone horizontally. Seems to alleviate most of the issue, but it is still squeezed.

I clicked on the quote button but I dont see an add image button below the text box, just a navigation button. The upload attachment does appear only after clicking on the preview button.
Ah yes, that's right. Thank you for reminding me.

However, the upload button doesn't seem to work.
Er...can you elaborate? Saying something doesn't work might mean nothing happens, it might means an error comes up (if so, what's the error say?), it might a window comes up but then something inside that window doesn't react, it might mean it does but the image never uploads...or a hundred other things. Need a little specificity on any error report to be able to do anything about it.

Aye, as I mentioned just a few minutes ago, you can already upload on mobile. Go to reply (the talk bubbles on posts, just not Quick Reply) and attach with the button below the text box.
I just tried to upload an image, but it only appeared as a URL.

I've switched back to desktop even though you can't see half the screen.
Thanks for the update, I guess.

If you're just going to talk right past everything I'm saying or asking, though, I'd rather you let the people actually trying to help improve the mobile style have the thread. The performative anger thing where you just keep saying how much you hate it and not really engage with me at all is wearing a little thin.

I just tried to upload an image, but it only appeared as a URL.
I don't really know what this means, can you PM me more specifics? Please note that attachments need to be coming from your phone's hard drive, it's not for URLs.

I clicked on the quote button but I dont see an add image button below the text box, just a navigation button. The upload attachment does appear only after clicking on the preview button.
Ah yes, that's right. Thank you for reminding me.

However, the upload button doesn't seem to work.
Er...can you elaborate? Saying something doesn't work might mean nothing happens, it might means an error comes up (if so, what's the error say?), it might a window comes up but then something inside that window doesn't react, it might mean it does but the image never uploads...or a hundred other things. Need a little specificity on any error report to be able to do anything about it.
I guess it does work, just not what I expected. Buttons usually change color or something when you click on it but this one didnt.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Thanks for the update, I guess.

If you're just going to talk right past everything I'm saying or asking, though, I'd rather you let the people actually trying to help improve the mobile style have the thread. The performative anger thing where you just keep saying how much you hate it and not really engage with me at all is wearing a little thin.
I can stop talking then. No problemo. Not trying to start an argument just stating my opinion.