16 votes
13.95%
6 votes
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
18.60%
8 votes
Parasite
43 votes. You may not vote on this poll

The nine nominees for Best Picture at the Academy Awards, winner to be announced February 9, 2020. Which would get your vote?

Ford v Ferrari
The Irishman
Jojo Rabbit
Joker
Little Women
Marriage Story
Parasite
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood has the edge over 1917. Tarantino has yet to win an Oscar for Best Picture and Director. He'll take Best Picture but will lose Director to Mendes.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I saw 6 nominees in theater for 2016 and 2017 movies and 4 in 2018. None so far this year. I've only seen the Netflix films so far. So I won't vote yet

I've only seen Joker and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood so far. I intend to watch Marriage Story and I'd like to see Jojo Rabbit and Parasite but doubt I'll get to them before the awards.

Obviously of the two I have seen, I prefer Joker.

Welcome to the human race...
When he's finished his trademark write-ups, of course.

As for the nominees, I still have to get around to Little Women and Marriage Story but of the ones I've seen I'd give it to Parasite (though ...Hollywood and Irishman come very close, especially the former).

A system of cells interlinked
I've seen half of these. Need to get the others under my belt before I can comment properly.

Yeah, they basically cut the time between nominations and awards in half this year. Pretty rough for those of us trying to do stuff around it, to say the least.

I've seen five of them: The Irishman, Jojo Rabbit, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Marriage Story, and Joker.

I'm watching 1917 tomorrow.

I'll get to Ford V Ferrari, Parasite, and Little Women by Oscar time.

Nice to see Jojo getting some love, after the misplaced criticism from people who couldn't comprehend satire.

Apart from it, I have only watched Irishman, Marriage Story, OUATIH, Joker and Ford vs Ferrari, and my vote goes to Ford vs Ferrari. Just loved it.

Also, I intend to watch Parasite this week.

1917 received major love at the Globes and I'm pretty sure it will duplicate at Oscar time though if it were up to me, Best Picture and Director would go to Joker...Best Actor too.

If I had a steak, I would f**k it!
My favorites ranked from what I've seen:
Parasite
The Irishman
Joker
Marriage Story (not worse than Joker by any means, I just like it less)
Ford v Ferrari

I will vote for this on the weekend. Planning to watch 1917. Parasite is the best film of year. But i think they will give the foreign language film award to it and then its a toss up. I would just stick out for Marriage Story. But after Parasite, its fair game.

Seen all except 1917. 4 of these were in my top ten: Jo Jo, Marriage Story, OUATIH, and Joker. Jo Jo was my favorite of the bunch, so that's where my vote goes. Little Women is probably my #11. I think Parasite is worthy, I just didn't fall in love like so many others have.