Setsuko Hara dies aged 95

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
"Hara died of pneumonia at a hospital in Kanagawa prefecture, Japan, on September 5, 2015, at the age of 95. Her death was not reported by the media until November 25, 2015."

She finished her acting career after Yasujiro Ozu had died in 1963 and she indeed was, along with Chishu Ryu, one of Ozu's habitues, but also starred in the films of Mikio Naruse and Akira Kurosawa. Always beautiful, charming and an amazing actress, Hara's screen presence always brings smile to my face. Not many other female actresses wield such a power (Takamine comes to mind).

Well, she was my favourite actress ever, so I'm really saddened. Actually, I'm surprised how much.

When I heard the news, I immediately thought of you Minio.

RIP.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
She was always very appealing onscreen. I think many of us were enchanted by her. Here's a clip of her when she was the teenage star of The New Earth, a film co-directed by Arnold Fanck, Leni Riefenstahl's mentor.

R.I.P.

Finished here. It's been fun.
R.I.P

One of the greatest actresses of all-time.

Wonder why her passing was not reported for almost 2 months?
She retracted from public eye in the 60's and lived in her birthplace town for the rest of her life (I may be mistaken, but she might've been in a nursing home for the last couple of years of her life, I saw her 90th birthday photo).

from Early Summer (1951)

Two years.

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Well, she was my favourite actress ever, so I'm really saddened. Actually, I'm surprised how much.
I can imagine – sometimes there's a connection there that's very significant in your life. I was sad for example when John Hurt passed away in January.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I don't love her like Minio, but she is my 3rd favorite actress ever, and definitely the nicest one... I don't remember her in one deviant role -- always represented the best parts of a woman.

I was sad for example when John Hurt passed away in January.
One could say you were... Hurt... Get it? Hurt! Hahahaha. No...? Okay.
I don't remember her in one deviant role -- always represented the best parts of a woman.
You ain't seen nothin' yet!

One could say you were... Hurt... Get it? Hurt! Hahahaha. No...? Okay.
Strangely I don't remember that joke ever being used through his career, like everyone had a mental block .

Setsuko Hara was born exactly 100 years ago on 17 June 1920. And how old is your crush?