Whiny babies on the highway

Tools    

If I were stuck in a 20 hour traffic jam without gas or food I would shut the hell up because at least I'm still alive and I haven't lost my home and everything in it.

Reporter to Sunfrog: How's it going?
Sunfrog: Well, I'm almost out of gas and I haven't eaten in two days.
Reporter: How does that make you feel?
Sunfrog: Hungry and bored.
Reporter: What are you going to do if you run out of gas?
Sunfrog: I'm going to push my car off the road and start hitchiking. Preferably in a car full of hot chicks.
Reporter: Do you think things can get any worse?
Sunfrog: Oh yeah, much worse. Look what happened to those poor people in New Orleans. Running out of gas is nothing compared to what they've gone through.
Reporter: You're right. No more stories about whiny crybabies on the freeway. Wtf?

I saw this lady crying on tv because she hadn't eaten and all the gas stations were out of gas. Then the reporter offered her a granola bar and she said, no thanks, we have snacks. What the f***?

Arresting your development
That sunfrog dude is harsh!

Maybe those people stuck in traffic are just a little upset because of all the things they forgot to loot.

Originally Posted by Yoda
You're riding the crazy bus all the way to kooky town and picking up every hitchhiker along the way.
I love that song!

Is that a song? Dang, I thought it was a Yoda original.

Well, seriously, I mean, running out of gas is nothing compared to losing everything. Take whatever you can carry and start hitchiking.

Btw, people don't have to eat everyday. You can go months without food. People on hunger strikes do. It's water humans need.

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by sunfrog
Yeah... I was wrong!

Chris is the Master mind evil genius behind that post. I thought he was singing about some horse without a name. Sorry!

Well, seriously, I mean, running out of gas is nothing compared to losing everything. Take whatever you can carry and start hitchiking.

Btw, people don't have to eat everyday. You can go months without food. People on hunger strikes do. It's water humans need.
Quit giving out all the secrets. You could of had people thinking that there was cannibalism on that highway. But you had to mess that up... didn't you?

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing

I don't know that you can really judge people for being upset until you've been in that position. For instance, if you haven't been evac'd, you might not be aware that getting stuck in a traffic jam during an evacuation can mean "losing everything". If your car breaks down then, they impound it ASAP, no messing around, because they're keeping the route open, no matter what. Being hungry, exhausted (ever packed your car while under the gun?), scared and feeling trapped in a traffic jam... I'd call that a bad day.

It has to be scary out there. Even if you have money it does not do you much good if you cannot find any gas or a place to stay. A lot of people have had their lives uprooted and are worrying over wheter they will have a home and a job to go back to. The woes they are experiencing on the highways are just adding fuel to the misery. Have some compassion!!!

I saw this lady crying on tv because she hadn't eaten and all the gas stations were out of gas. Then the reporter offered her a granola bar and she said, no thanks, we have snacks. What the f***?
She wants big food.

actually, why is she a whiny baby? you are evacuated, so you get in your car hoping to get away from the storm, but you don't get very far, you are stuck in traffic, and you are low on gas, you can't fill up because everything is closed..... so you pull over to the side of road because you have just run out of gas and you have nowhere to go because there are no shelters, no buses and the storm is coming closer and closer.....

so out of frustration you cry just to let out your feelings...

just my two cents...

No compassion for crybabies. Now if she had actually lost something other than time, okay. but whining because you're out of gas when thousands have lost so much? Bleh.

No compassion for crybabies. Now if she had actually lost something other than time, okay. but whining because you're out of gas when thousands have lost so much? Bleh.
Lets get something straight, I do not like your attitude whether it be snippy or warranted by convictions your philosophy is somewhat screwed up. Now this is probably just a crude way to try and get attention, if so it worked, but in a negative way as far as I am concerned. BTW, do you know what that means: "Lost something other than time"? I lost weeks of employment time unable to go to work because of conditions caused by a hurricane. My kids lost education time because the schools were closed. Everything we do involves time. When you lose time you lose so much more. It also has to do with worry of the future and uncertainty about where your life is headed. It is not fun knowing you may not have a house to go to when all is said and done. When I went to war I did not think, hey I am okay now why should I be worried. It was the future that scared me, not knowing if I would ever see my family again, my home again. Call me a whiner if you will, but thats how I felt, and noone else I knew felt any differently. You are kinda more of a whiner yourself than the people you are disrespecting. So what if they whine a little, dont let it bother you ya whiner.

How do you know what she lost or didn't?

Originally Posted by 7thson
I lost weeks of employment time unable to go to work because of conditions caused by a hurricane.
And have you ever lost any of that because you were low on gas? I think the answer is no. Being low on gas is not suffering, nor is it hardship, or mental torture. It's an inconvenience. That's it and that's all. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being you lost everything including family members to a hurricane, running low on gas would be a 0.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
How do you know what she lost or didn't?
You're the second person to ask me this. Here is why. Because the lady was white and well dressed. She was not starving to death or poor. She had a nice car. Her complaint was that she was hungry and running low on gas not that Hurricane Katrina had taken everything from her. She was leaving Texas while Hurricane Rita was still 40 miles out to sea and moving at like, 5 miles per hour. When the news reporter offered her a granola bar she said, oh, no thanks, we have snacks.

You're the second person to ask me this. blah blah blah
I'm disappointed in you, SF. I thought you were kind of funny, but you don't seem to know where the line is. Racism isn't funny. Bad things happen to white people, too. Duh.

Put me in your pocket...
Just my opinion sunfrog...
...but you seem to be determined to find something to whine about yourself or to be in a snit about...like your sueing MJ thread. I'm not sure what to take seriously from you or not at this point.

It's over and done with. Let it go and move on. Your energy could be more productive in other ways.

SunFrog…. if you ever come around me, I'm going to shoot you…

Right in the butt with a dart gun…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by 7thson
This shows how little you know.
Hahahaha!

Let me put it as simple as I can.

Losing everything to a hurricane ranks up there with losing everything to a tornado, flood, fire, comet or other disaster.

Being low on gas ranks down there with losing your car keys, dropping your ice cream on the floor, or stepping on some gum.

The two are in no way equal.

Crying because you're low on gas while there are thousands of people who just lost everything a few miles away is shameful behavior. The correct response would be to say "I'm hungry and low on gas, but thank God I haven't lost everything like those poor people in N.O."

Hahahaha!

Let me put it as simple as I can.

Losing everything to a hurricane ranks up there with losing everything to a tornado, flood, fire, comet or other disaster.

Being low on gas ranks down there with losing your car keys, dropping your ice cream on the floor, or stepping on some gum.

The two are in no way equal.

Crying because you're low on gas while there are thousands of people who just lost everything a few miles away is shameful behavior. The correct response would be to say "I'm hungry and low on gas, but thank God I haven't lost everything like those poor people in N.O."
No your thought process is a bit skewed. You act like this is the end all and be all situation, well it wasn't or isn't. Being grateful for what you have goes a long way, but when you are scared and worried it does not do much for you. If all it was was that they were low on gas and that was the end of it then sure it would be shameful to some extent, but you nor they had any idea what the next few days held for this person. As I mentioned before, it is the uncertainty that caused distress, I know I have been there many times. What about you?