Second Life

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Awesome dude, just awesome. The KC version as well...top notch! I take it the tutorials I linked you to helped!

In other news, check out this interesting article about In world politics and the way governments are starting to take shape. VERY interesting...and quite surreal...

Nualtenberg

Happy Birthday Toose!
Twt banned me from creating threads until he figures out what creativity is. Lol.
Happy! Happy! Happy Birthday! TooooooOOOOOSSE!
And God bless you wherever you are!

Originally Posted by sunfrog
Happy Birthday Toose!
Twt banned me from creating threads until he figures out what creativity is. Lol.
Happy! Happy! Happy Birthday! TooooooOOOOOSSE!
And God bless you wherever you are!
This is the Second Life Thread..Toose will never see this.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Very Jack Sparrowesque Sleezy. I like it!

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Very Jack Sparrowesque Sleezy. I like it!
No, it's actually him. The details are spot-on. You can see his compass (the one that doesn't point North) hanging off his belt. He even comes with a pistol that fires, and MANY different .wav quotes that you can play in-game.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
whew y'all got busy on this and i had no idea mofos were in there. i found out about SL through some naughty links i won't get into.

aaanyway, a barrage ...

CURRENT MOFO PLAYER LIST (for those who'd like to easily find who as what).
Yes, I'm on the list.

Golgot - Dzjeli Boomslang
Sleezy - Remington Fish
thmilin - Noire Saarinen
Sedai - Tyrion Callisto

SEDAI! I IM'd you inworld and you didn't answer. brat. so i'll try one by one to identify each of you inworld and add you.

onward to commentary ...

- teens can play the game. they're discussed in the documentation, and also when you sign up - they can use their parents CC info, and parents can control the content they're allowed to see. also as you're flying through the game you'll discover PG and M rated areas. PG areas are for innocents and family-wise folk. M (more prevalent) is for everybody flying naked and such.

- someone said they saw a sim in the sky when they flew up high. ironically, I don't think you're supposed to be able to fly that high, so you may have found a helpful glitch, or the game update this week changed the rules (it's been noted in SL that skyboxes can be made out of flying range, and you can teleport there if you have the landmark, but you can't fly there). anyway, what you saw was a "skybox." skyboxes are deliberately made to avoid prying eyes - the rule in SL is to afford them their privacy, since the only real privacy is via an island, which costs beaucoup $$, and can still get hacked into.

- slingo = SL bingo, I believe. I don't think it's kinky. But i'm not sure, i haven't played it.

- Sleezy! that superman costume! if you are indeed the only wearer, you danced the chicken dance for me in Transylvania and we didn't know each other! I had been in a club, seen a Batman dancing, and came to Transylvania and saw Superman and told him to chickendance for me and he did. Was that you? or mebbe a clone ...

- SLEEZY! that captain jack costume is AWESOME! here's me ...

below are two images of me ... i've had many incarnations of me, all deliberately nothing like what i look like. the white hair was a bad@ss storm, but so much cooler. especially cooler than halle berry. the latest incarnation is my Vampire Hunter ... red eyes!
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Noire-RedCouch_001.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	5483   Click image for larger version

Name:	Noire-RedCouch2_001.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	5484  

I hit you with an IM girl SOmetimes my dude is camping for cash and I won;t answer IMS, I will make sure to post an afk status from now on as to not seem rude

Oh, you can indeed fly up to the skybox areas, but the sim I found was way up, and was a recreation of a game I used to play. It's still there and I can show it to you if you want

I am on now, btw.

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by thmilin
Sleezy! that superman costume! if you are indeed the only wearer, you danced the chicken dance for me in Transylvania and we didn't know each other! I had been in a club, seen a Batman dancing, and came to Transylvania and saw Superman and told him to chickendance for me and he did. Was that you? or mebbe a clone
Nay. Although I own both Superman and Batman costumes (both made by me), you did not meet yours truly. A doppleganger, perhaps? If you see him again, scribble down the name. I know there are Superman and Batman costumes to buy in-game, so he might have been sporting those.

Originally Posted by thmilin
SLEEZY! that captain jack costume is AWESOME!
Thanks.

As it turns out, I'm building a steady collection of the best and wildest avatars in the game.

sorry i missed you guys - haven't had a chance to get on this weekend, will tomorrow!

there's a frog in my snake oil
Heh, looks like a MoFo drumming session is on the cards

Now all we need is for Sleezy to create some floating popcorn forums with his Photoshop skills (and for someone to buy a stretch of 3D Mofo land )

Currently i look like this...

It looks exactly like me

See you in there th-lady

yo! i might peek on tonight (just got back from clubbin) but def tomorrow. i'm west coast time by the way, it's 2:30 am where i am.

and yes, i agree, CHRIS SHOULD BUY A $10/MO PLOT OF SECOND LIFE AND BUILD A MOFO MANSION. or mofo theater. or mofo ... whatever. but yes, the game is very much about communities.

by the way, i hang out in Transylvania a lot. yes, there's vamps, but the crowd is very chill and not sex oriented (so you won't find penii out pumping the air when you teleport in). so yes, it's very much about groups forming.

we can actually form a group, you know, for mofo, so we can send messages to the whole lot of us in-game. but i'm not sure if you have to have a premium account or not. haven't looked it up.

We can form a group with 3 or more people no matter what, so we can go ahead and do that...

I am going to wait a few months before considering getting any land etc.. I want to wait until 2.0 comes out and see what is up with that.

Also, I got another peroson to join is is a former MoFo (Soulsolid) but doesn't post on the boards here anymore. In game his name is Trace Takishi. Also, my friend Jason who introduced me to all this is in our little SL crew as well, his avatar is Ja Sion. All cool people, and as Thimiln said, this thig is mainly driven by community, so the more the better.

As for the teens, from what I read on the SL website, they are not supposed to play the game on the main grid. There is a separate grid called "Teen SL" that they are allowed to play on. I have yet to run into even one kid so far, and I have asked man,y many people how old they are. Of course, they could be lying.

See you on the grid....

Blast! I keep forgetting to take a screen shot of my avatar. Regardless, he looks a hell of a lot like the Egyptian god Anubis...

Just found a cool article about the film production crews/companies that are residing/forming in Second Life. Directors and Photographers are talking about how they can test different shots that include difficult set-ups or crane moves quickly and easily in this virtual world.

Film Article

Some studios have opened up and other folks can rent them out by the day/week as well as custom built sets etc. Now, with the custom avatar animator "Poser" available to use with SL, the possibilities for in-world virtual film projects have just expanded big time.

A few films have already been completed, with more in the works. This is something I am going to play around with quite a bit in the future. For now, I am hanging about in the sandboxes practicing with the 3d modelling tools. Sleezy seems to have a knack for custom clothing and skin creation, and Soulsolid (aka Trace Takashi) is a scripting expert.

My friend Ja has been on the longest and knows a ton about the SL world and platform itself. Golgot finds all the WEIRD stuff for us.

It appears we are starting to get a decent group of people with varied skill sets going in-world, and in a bit we can perhaps get some collaberative projects going.

Thimiln - We gotta hook up in world! We still haven't had a chance to meet and get you together with our kooky group. We have enough to get a clan/group going at this point, so let's do it!

"..I know the TRUTH.."
Originally Posted by Sedai
It appears we are starting to get a decent group of people with varied skill sets going in-world, and in a bit we can perhaps get some collaberative projects going.
Yes, bruh. There is no reason why we can't get down with some collabo in SL; something worthwhile and entertaining as well. PA has a solid concept, and so does Hiro Pendragon with his asiatic hustle. I think a MoFo group should exist in SL that our community here can capitalize on.

Formerly that bama known as soulsolid. One.

"..I know the TRUTH and I don't have to be what you want me to be.." -Muhammed Ali

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Alright, it is settled. I'm getting in on this action at some point this week.

I will be legend.

Yeah Peter, I figured the stuff about practicing shots would finally convince you to take a look in-world. Watch some of the in-world video on the SL site, then when you are done staring at it wide eyed, jump on in!!

Welcome back Souldsolid AKA Truth!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Yeah Peter, I figured the stuff about practicing shots would finally convince you to take a look in-world. Watch some of the in-world video on the SL site, then when you are done staring at it wide eyed, jump on in!!

Welcome back Souldsolid AKA Truth!
Actually, it was the System Shock thing that convinced me. Over the past few years I've been reading randomly about the crazy stuff that goes on in SL, but that just sounded toooo nuts. I want to see those kind of things. I want to make those kind of things.

Plus, I'm very interested in writing a research paper on people who do those kinds of projects in SL. It's either that or re-writing my depressing screenplay about love in actual prose (which I would love to do), but I want to write something new and more interesting.

But yah, making ingame machinma is very inticing...

there's a frog in my snake oil
I vote we build a giant mobile forest-beast... with a cinema and light-refreshments on its back... and maybe hanging huts for earrings? (All forest beasts are female dontcha know )

Mmm, melike all ideas presented. Loose networks, creative groups, bizarre collectives with rocket-propelled hooves...

Not sure what i can add on the project front, other than me scavenging 'skills', and an amateur feel for photoshop. But here's a definite case of skill-transfer for you young man. DJing

See y'all around and about the place. I'm off to find me a flowing beard.

In the Beginning...
For now, I am hanging about in the sandboxes practicing with the 3d modelling tools.
Yeah, I'm starting to do the same. I want to break away from just skinning and actually make some complex, three-dimensional avatars.