Should Disney sue Michael Jackson?

Tools    

I was just listening to Faith Hill's song Fireflies and in it she says she believes in Peter Pan. It's a beautiful song and so I started singing along, but then when it got to the Peter Pan chorus it felt creepy. Thanks to Michael Jackson I now think of Peter Pan as a child molester. Ugh. A man who refuses to grow up and visits children late at night when they are in their jammies? That's sick. Michael Jackson ruined Peter Pan for me. That's not an appropriate children's story anymore.

I think Disney should sue Michal Jackson. What do you think?

Wheely cool bike girl
As a child I never thought of Peter Pan as an adult. The way my child's mind saw it, he stayed a little boy -BODY, mind and soul - as long as he lived in Neverland.

Michael Jackson is a man who never grew up mentally and tries to recapture what little childhood he had in other children. He worships children and is entirely too close to them.

I never equated MJ with Peter Pan.
Don't let the media brainwash you into seeing it their way.

Au contraire; I think Michael Jackson should sue Disney for whitewashing child molestation out of its stories. How glorious The Hunchback of Notre Dame film would have been, for example, if only he had a young 'friend' to sing and dance with.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by NimChimpsky
Au contraire; I think Michael Jackson should sue Disney for whitewashing child molestation out of its stories. How glorious The Hunchback of Notre Dame film would have been, for example, if only he had a young 'friend' to sing and dance with.
Of the posts in this thread so far, I like this one the best. And that's a little disturbing.

I'm tempted to add that Disney has a longer history of whitewashing than MJ does of being accused of liking little kids "too much".

No one knows that MJ is a child molester. He's been subjected to trial and acquitted. That's all we know. Well, we also know he's kinda weird. But weirdness isn't monstrous.

Michael Jackson isn't a child molester? And O.J. didn't kill his wife and George Bush is a great president right?

Oh no. I shudder to think which one you meant! Mike is sick in the head. But I wouldnt put it past some media grabbing atty to do it for the pub shots.

Lets put a smile on that block
*Fingers in ears*

Laaa laaa la.....Don't....say bad.....la la LA LAA....things..... about.....LA lAA lA....DISNEY

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Of those three, there is evidence for only one.
Thinking like this is exactly why none of these people are in prison.

Wheely cool bike girl
OK ... so if we are going to bash Disney then maybe we should ban the brothers Grim's Fairytales, Anderson Fairytales and many of the children's stories passed down from generation to generation.

OMG... we've been corupting our minds all these years! OMG!

Not to mention any Shirley Temple movie.....

The accusations fly
If anything shouldn't Michael Jackson be able to sue Disney--he can argue that he got the Peter Pan complex from watching the movie---this day and age, he might just win that arguement---"Walt Disney made me do it!"

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by sunfrog
Thinking like this is exactly why none of these people are in prison.
You can't put someone in prison if you can't prove they did something wrong. Assuming they did something wrong isn't enough.

(That said, there was more than enough evidence to convict O.J. Simpson.)

Originally Posted by UrgeOverkill
If anything shouldn't Michael Jackson be able to sue Disney--he can argue that he got the Peter Pan complex from watching the movie---this day and age, he might just win that arguement---"Walt Disney made me do it!"

I think that I want to use that defense for something--now I have to go watch Disney movies and try to imitate something stupid--

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Thursday Next
Btw, Sunfrog, who is that in your avatar?
Sunny rarely stops in. His avatar is Auron, a character in the game Final Fantasy X. Auron was a badass.