The Hall of Infamy

Tools    

If any of these are bad horror movies, I'll probably like them.
I'll keep my eyes on the reveal. Considering how my nominations usually do, I might even have a chance in this*, and who knows, maybe I'd even like most of the other nominations.

*On the other hand, I could ruin my chances easily by nominating 2001.

And now for the moment you've all been waiting for...

Nominations:
The Godfather
2001: A Space Odyssey
Citizen Kane
Apocalypse Now
Casablanca
Seven Samurai

jk

American Flatulators (1995)
Nominated by: CosmicRunaway

God's Not Dead (2014)
Nominated by: SpelingError

Going Overboard (1989)
Nominated by: TheUsualSuspect

Lust for Frankenstein (1998)
Nominated by: KeyserCorleone

Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966)
Nominated by: Allaby

Organ (1996)
Nominated by: ueno_station54

R.O.T.O.R. (1987)
Nominated by: PHOENIX74

Trog (1970)
Nominated by: beelzebubble

I've seen parts of Manos: The Hands of Fate, R.O.T.O.R, and Trog before, but I don't think I've watched all of either of them.

Organ seems like it could legitimately be interesting. I'm least looking forward to Going Overboard, because there are few things worse than a bad comedy, as my own nomination will attest to.

American Flatulators (1995)
Directed by: Barry Hirschberg, Elizabeth Hirschberg
Starring: fart noises

Despite what appears to be a fairly high production budget, American Flatulators is an incredibly cheap film. It's a lowbrow satire that contains a single gag stretched out over 54 minutes, with a few obvious fart puns and fart-related ads peppered throughout. It's insultingly unfunny and incredibly boring, which is not a great combination for any film, let alone a comedy.

Even if you can ignore the bad acting and horrible accents, it's difficult to follow the Flatulator challenges due to frequent continuity errors that are made even worse by reused shots. The balloon popping game and finale were by far the most egregious examples of this. Some of the rules didn't make sense either, and to call the ending anti-climactic would be an understatement.

It doesn't feature graphic violence, nudity, animal cruelty, promote hate speech, or contain any of the things that audiences typically find repugnant. Instead, American Flatulator's biggest offence is being a massive waste of time. At least anger or disgust would give me something to latch onto and properly critique, but the film doesn't elicit a single feeling other than sheer boredom. I'd honestly rather watch paint dry, since that would at least be quieter.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	american.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	212.3 KB
ID:	87712  

R.O.T.O.R. and Manos The Hands of Fate are so bad, they're good classics. I'm excited for anyone seeing them for the first time.

Enjoy, my lovely masochists.

@Allaby Yo, are you still in this Hall? I noticed you haven't submitted a review yet, in spite of the nominations being posted 37 minutes ago.
Sorry, I was slacking off. Here is my review:

This movie sucks worse than the suckiest sucker of all sucking time. I would rather be beaten up by a large woman than watch this piece of rotten trash again. Watching this movie made me wish I was abducted by aliens and locked in a tiny room on a space ship with no movies. I felt so awful after watching it I had to take a three hour bath and burn all of my clothes. This movie stinks worse than the stinkiest dirtiest baby.

That review will apply to most of the movies in this hall I suspect.

Sorry, I was slacking off. Here is my review:

This movie sucks worse than the suckiest sucker of all sucking time. I would rather be beaten up by a large woman than watch this piece of rotten trash again. Watching this movie made me wish I was abducted by aliens and locked in a tiny room on a space ship with no movies. I felt so awful after watching it I had to take a three hour bath and burn all of my clothes. This movie stinks worse than the stinkiest dirtiest baby.

That review will apply to most of the movies in this hall I suspect.
Just type "My review to everything in this thread" at the top and you'll finish this Hall in under an hour. A new record!

What the f**k are these movies?!?

Only one I have seen is Trog. It was long ago and far away.

Also, Takoma and Citizen Rules, are you two in or out?
Intrigued! by just how crappy those noms are

I could watch them myself, but I don't think my wife would be to happy having to watch all those movies and we only have one tv...so I should probably participate from the sidelines this time around. But I'll think about it for a week and who knows maybe I'll jump in? I do have a really crappy, headache inducting movie that I'm itching to nom

Half of the films seem like something I'd like to see. Then again, at least American Flatulators and God's not Dead appear to be genuinely painful to watch. Maybe that Adam Sandler film falls into the same category, too.

I suppose there's a small chance I'll join, but I'm not really feeling like it now.

Crap. I was hoping to avoid God's Not Dead. Eh, maybe it'll be a lesson in what not to do when writing social messages about conflicting beliefs.

The only other one besides my nomination that I've seen is Manos. And yeah, I gave it a 0, but if these movies all at least have a plot, then they won't beat Manos or Lust on my list.