Did Twilight kill the vampire movie?

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
3 Captains enter, 1 Captain leaves.
Spin the wheel, make a deal!

WOH RUN FORUMTOWN!?!?!?!
CAPTAIN (captain)... RUN (run).... Fah'RUMTOWN (town)....

(I will never back down from making a bartertown reference, so thank you for the assist)

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

The trick is not minding
WOH RUN FORUMTOWN!?!?!?!
CAPTAIN (captain)... RUN (run).... Fah'RUMTOWN (town)....

(I will never back down from making a bartertown reference, so thank you for the assist)

I should delete my post, that way your post will seem out of place and people will think your Bartertown reference will have not had any assist whatsoever.
😏

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I should delete my post, that way your post will seem out of place and people will think your Bartertown reference will have not had any assist whatsoever.
😏

'Cept i already quoted your post$!!! I WIN AGAIN!!!!

Welcome aboard, Cap!
Thank you!

3 Captains enter, 1 Captain leaves.
Spin the wheel, make a deal!
Now I'm fantasizing about a Speed Racer/Mad Max crossover and I won't be able to sleep tonight! Thanks a lot!

(I should probably clarify that Capt Terror was the leader of the Car Acrobatic Team, just in case that isn't common knowledge. Otherwise that joke just makes me sound like a crazy person.)

A system of cells interlinked
Can't say that i have ever watched any of the Twilight films. I doubt I ever will.

Can't say that i have ever watched any of the Twilight films. I doubt I ever will.
Is the correct answer

If vampire movies can have a comeback, can westerns be far behind?

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
If vampire movies can have a comeback, can westerns be far behind?
Possibly. Time shall tell, I wouldn't mind seeing more vampire films or westerns.

I feel like with Vampires it's all about TV which killed the Vampire movie

Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel (1997-2004)
True Blood (2008-2014)
Vampire Diaries (2009-2017)
The Strain (2014-2017)
What We Do in Shadows (2019- 202?)

I suspect that our current fascination with zombies has (temporarily) done more damage than Twilight. Once we get tired of that (I'm already there) there'll be room for vampires again.

Victim of The Night
The Lost Boys, Interview With The Vampire and Bram Stoker's Dracula killed vampire movies back in the 1980s and early 90s... because they were so well made.
Nothing's been able to come close to them.
Sorry, I just came across this thread, but I wanted to respond to this that I think Let The Right One In, Byzantium, Only Lovers Left Alive, Thirst, A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night, off the top of my head, are all better than those movies, so I'm not sure that the Vampire genre is dead. It would probably be nice to see a studio-backed decent vampire movie again, but I think we see that the studios all just want Marvel movies with various costumes (Dracula: Untold, The Mummy), so we're probably screwed there. If some studio (looking at you Blumhouse/A24) was willing to make an Invisible Man-level vampire film, I think we could be somewhere.

If some studio (looking at you Blumhouse/A24) was willing to make an Invisible Man-level vampire film, I think we could be somewhere.
I think you're onto something. This could be nice. Robert Eggers has been talking about a Nosferatu remake for a while. Normally I'd be against the idea on principle, but he's earned my faith at this point.

Victim of The Night
I think you're onto something. This could be nice. Robert Eggers has been talking about a Nosferatu remake for a while. Normally I'd be against the idea on principle, but he's earned my faith at this point.
Yeah, and that would be a good one to re-do, and it hasn't been done in a while, because that is really an all-scares kinda vampire movie and without a lot of the trappings that audiences roll their eyes at these days.
On the other hand, Eggers would no doubt have it in some dialect that allows the audience to understand about one sentence per scene.

I must be one of the few who didn’t care for The Lost Boys, Interview with the Vampire and Bram Stokers Dracula. 🤷
I do think Fright Night was better.
I enjoy The Lost Boys, but it is super dopey. It's also very much a product of its time, and fandom is often intertwined with how fondly one thinks of movies that are soaked in 80's culture. So I can definitely get people not liking it. There was a lot to dislike about the 80's.

As for Interview and Bram Stokers, frankly, I prefer the third Twilight film to either of these. Not that it is as well made as either of those, it isn't, it's garbage, but at least it has a dumb energy to it. Jordan and Coppola's films are stuffy and mannered and, in the case of Interview, more than a little embarrassing.

Fright Night is leagues better than all of these. Along with Martin and Blood of Dracula, it is one of the best vampire films ever made. But this is obviously coming from a person who prefers to watch vampire myths deconstructed instead of taken seriously.

Victim of The Night
I must be one of the few who didn’t care for The Lost Boys, Interview with the Vampire and Bram Stokers Dracula. 🤷
We are of one mind on this subject.