Breaking Bad All Over Again

Tools    

I say everyone watch and discuss as you go. I will tryy to move faster, although that won't happen for at least two weeks. We can get a lot of discussion going though. I think it's fun.

Oh, and I am not the boss of anything and have no right to call out anyone for hijacking. I will talk about anything anywhere around here.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Oh, and I am not the boss of anything and have no right to call out anyone for hijacking. I will talk about anything anywhere around here.
Yessah, Boss. Cool Hand Luke.

This is the most fun group rewatch I've ever had. Good job, Boss

I know you're busy with your sons so dont feel pressured by my Jimmy Mania to speed up. In your own time. I;m pretty much glued to the thread anyway so will join in at any given moment/opportunity.

I love that movie so much!

I'm travelling at the moment so can't really watch anything. I'll catch up with you guys in August. You guys go ahead,watch and type and spoil as much as you want, i have a big capacity of forgetting spoilers

I'm travelling at the moment so can't really watch anything. I'll catch up with you guys in August. You guys go ahead,watch and type and spoil as much as you want, i have a big capacity of forgetting spoilers
How can you leave at a time like this, El!!!
Happy travels. Where to this time?
There's a new mofo who wants to join the group - he'll be watching for the first time like you so all of my posts will have the number of the episode when I'm giving spoilers, otherwise I'll just be joining in with discussion for those sticking to the 2 eps per week suggestion.

So on that note

213 - ABQ.

Wow. I forgot how gut wrenching this finale was. Jane - Walt - Jesse ending up in a crack house. Wanted to cry but I was just so unnerved, even after all these rewatches. Skyler finding out the extent of her husband's lies - My god she really is Chuck. She knew Walt was a liar and Chuck knew exactly what his brother did to those documents. How anyone can not empathise with those two in those reveal moments is a bit beyond me. Walt pulling the crocodile tears was so well done, but nup - he was a lying tool. What else would a wife and new mum be thinking he lied about. The real reason he didnt turn up to the birth of their baby? You bet. I would have left for the weekend and kicked him out as well. Sky might not be everyone's cup of tea, and that's fine, but she was spot on about her lying sack of sht absent husband (I still love Wall just so you know). And Jane's dad. Why oh why didn't he drag her ass to rehab the night before. So tragic.

Exhausting episode. Utterly brilliant. So glad Villigan didnt kill off Jesse. Aaron is phenomenal. For those who may not know, Jesse was originally planned to get snuffed in season 1 but villigan and gould decided the actor was just too good to let go.

...And The Bag's In The River

This is probably not going to be one I consider a favorite. It has a great climax but most of the rest feels pretty padded. That's not something I will accuse BB of very much. I really didn't love the plate moment either. Another scene that makes me want to call out @Dani8 for being able to watch this and not making it past the opening of No Country. Remember my rating are on the BB curve. Any episode of this show is more compelling to me than all but a few shows I hold in higher esteem.

Cancer

This one made me laugh a lot. I forgot about how we are introduced to Jessie's parents. It still took me a second to get my bearings when that scene started and it reminded me how absolutely perfect that transition was the first time I saw it. The change of tone is so jarring, it feels as if you are thrown into a commercial. Then to see Jessie caught in the patio furniture. Absolutely perfect. If I have a gripe it's that neither time through have I bought that a kid Jessie's brother age who acts the way he does is smuggling pot into the house. The White BBQ is some pretty solid dramatic stuff.

Gray Matter

In this episode I can actually begin to understand how people feel about Skyler the way they do. The intervention is pretty painful and I forgot how I got on Maria's side in that scene. I do excuse it for the most part though because I have to remind myself going through the emotion of losing a spouse is probably second only to what Walter is going through. I am not in love with the Gray Matter stuff but it does shine a spotlight in Walt's pride and it's not poorly done. That suit, I mean, I know Walt is a nerd but those buttons highlight it more than I needed. Jessie's cook is an amazing sequence. Seeing him act like Walt and Badger act like him. Plus I love that Jessie doesn't try to be uptight when Walt comes back, the dynamic goes back to being the exact same.

Crazy Handful Of Nothin'

I honestly forgot how quickly Heisenberg comes. Our introduction to Tuco. The call back of the Mercury. Really great story telling in this one.

I wanted to get all my watching in for the next week because I will be out of town next week and am not sure if I will get to watch anything. I will at least finish the season this weekend. I might try to go a little faster since it seems most of you are and I don't ant the thread to get boring.

Sean, it was the strangling in no country that got me. Most strangling scenes in film take 3 seconds and poof, lights out. That and the strangling in the Aussie movie In Her Skin got me. Made me very uncomfortable.

Double reps for your comment about Jesse and badger. Karma, bitch.

Sean, it was the strangling in no country that got me. Most strangling scenes in film take 3 seconds and poof, lights out. That and the strangling in the Aussie movie In Her Skin got me. Made me very uncomfortable.

Double reps for your comment about Jesse and badger. Karma, bitch.
I think the Crazy8 strangling may be worse. I really just want you to watch one of the greatest movies ever.

I think the Crazy8 strangling may be worse. I really just want you to watch one of the greatest movies ever.
Bless ya socks. I will, I promise. I love the Coens. I just need to prep myself. I simply freaked out.
Happy and safe travels next week.

How can you leave at a time like this, El!!!
Happy travels. Where to this time?
There's a new mofo who wants to join the group - he'll be watching for the first time like you so all of my posts will have the number of the episode when I'm giving spoilers, otherwise I'll just be joining in with discussion for those sticking to the 2 eps per week suggestion.
I'll visit Japan, China, Qatar, Thailand, Vietnam, and frigging India! (for the first time), all within July. It's not even because i have enough money to travel to all those countries: To visit my parents, I took the cheapest flight possible, and it transits at every airport around, a dozen hours at each. It's enough for me to go to the city center, see some tourist cliche lanscape, bought some meal, fall in love with some local guy, get heartbreak over saying gooodbye to him, get lost on the way back to the airport, running and sweating to the gate just before it close.

Happy breaking bad, guys.

I love Coen bro too. I'll have to watch that movie.

I'll visit Japan, China, Qatar, Thailand, Vietnam, and frigging India! (for the first time), all within July. It's not even because i have enough money to travel to all those countries: To visit my parents, I took the cheapest flight possible, and it transits at every airport around, a dozen hours at each. It's enough for me to go to the city center, see some tourist cliche lanscape, bought some meal, fall in love with some local guy, get heartbreak over saying gooodbye to him, get lost on the way back to the airport, running and sweating to the gate just before it close.

Happy breaking bad, guys.

I love Coen bro too. I'll have to watch that movie.

Wow. Where do your parents live? I'm guessing Vietnam?

Happy travels, my friend. Stay safe, have a great time, and break bad with ya when you get back. Very jealous right now.

Skyler has a beautiful voice, and I never noticed this before.
She does. I notice women's voice because I sound like a chipmunk.

What are you up to, cat. I watched 301 last night. My god

those cousins never fail to creep me out.
And Walt's speech about the collision - cant decide if he was feeling remorse or not.

Skyler has a beautiful voice, and I never noticed this before.
She does. I notice women's voice because I sound like a chipmunk.

What are you up to, cat. I watched 301 last night. My god

those cousins never fail to creep me out.
And Walt's speech about the collision - cant decide if he was feeling remorse or not.
212 so just past the ep where she sings Happy Birthday to Beneke (ugh that guy)

212 so just past the ep where she sings Happy Birthday to Beneke (ugh that guy)
Oh god, the only time I actually disliked skyler was when she bumped uglies with him. Ted is a sleaze bag. Very poor choice but I guess she didnt know many single men and she just needed some comforting. Still. I'd rather go hug a dog or cat than that guy.

I wonder how much of my Skyler hate was tied up in the anxious feelings the show gave me on first watch. Still no excuse for banging Beneke, wtf.