A Ghost Story (2017)

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
She sits down and eats a pie for about five minutes straight. It's lovely.
LOL. I guess I might need to pick this up again and finish it. I;m fascinated. Sounds very andy warhol

I've never been more captivated. I'm serious. It was entrancing.

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, it gets off to a slow start and it still has its fair few moments of (potentially deliberate) clumsiness like Will Oldham's big ol' monologue about Existentialism, but it's still very good for the most part. In many ways, it feels like a live-action remake of a non-existent Don Hertzfeldt film.

Boldly going.
What, in your opinion, did the note say?
WARNING: "spoilers" spoilers below
"Love is eternal", followed by her new address?]

And a question about the time travel:
WARNING: "spoilers" spoilers below
If he was able to travel back in time and see himself still alive, and he was able to touch the real world (we see him strike the keys on the piano, for example), why wouldn't he warn himself about the car accident?

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Yeah, it gets off to a slow start and it still has its fair few moments of (potentially deliberate) clumsiness like Will Oldham's big ol' monologue about Existentialism, but it's still very good for the most part. In many ways, it feels like a live-action remake of a non-existent Don Hertzfeldt film.
It made me think of Don Hertzfeldt too. The ending of It's Such A Beautiful Day. Even using the sheet ghost was a bit like a live action way of having a stick figure.

The first third felt like an emotionless art student project. But the 2nd and 3rd thirds made it my favourite movie of 2017, so damn beautiful.
That's exactly how i felt. I actually loved the existentialist rant precisely because it was so laughable, i think the film was self aware about it. Something like The Devil, Probably that's so gosh darn serious about it is more cringey to me, and i'm a big fan of Bresson.

This might just do nobody any good.
Hmm, I shut it off at Mara eating the pie. Guess I’ll get back to it.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I just knew I saw white sheet ghosts somewhere before!

EDIT: Of course, there's one in Allen's Love and Death, but it's on the screen for a short period of time, and, if my memory serves me, it doesn't have these black eyes.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.