Fantasy Awards Season

Tools    

Been hearing the new Linklater is terrible
Love Linklater, Cranston, and Carell but somehow the premise just felt weird for one of his films. I will certainly check it out though.

Love Linklater, Cranston, and Carell but somehow the premise just felt weird for one of his films. I will certainly check it out though.
Linklater does have a very weird filmography tho. I mean he has made a Bad News Bears remake haha. Still agreed not sure who was wanting a Last Detail sequel exactly.

Linklater's also made School of Rock, which I haven't seen, but it looks out of place in his filmography

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Linklater's also made School of Rock, which I haven't seen, but it looks out of place in his filmography
Actually pretty funny movie. I like Bernie as well. Linklater never blows me away, but he solid.

The Before Trilogy, Dazed and Confused and Slacker are among my favourite films then he has several very solid ones. Still got to see a few i don't really like the look of like: Me and Orson Welles and Fast Food Nation.

The Before Trilogy, Dazed and Confused and Slacker are among my favourite films then he has several very solid ones. Still got to see a few i don't really like the look of like: Me and Orson Welles and Fast Food Nation.
What's Slacker like? I've seen the Before Trilogy and Dazed and Confused from Linklater and I'm wondering where to go after those.

What's Slacker like? I've seen the Before Trilogy and Dazed and Confused from Linklater and I'm wondering where to go after those.
Slacker is really weird, can't explain it well. I'd suggest Everybody Wants Some, Boyhood, Bernie and School of Rock before Slacker, maybe even his animated films: Waking Life and A Scanner Darkly. Even though it's one of his first films i think my viewings of Slacker benifited alot from me knowing him pretty well, especially my second viewing.

Okay guys so here are the categories we are going to use.

◾Picture
◾Director
◾Actor
◾Actress
◾Supporting Actor
◾Supporting Actress
◾Original Screenplay
◾Adapted Screenplay
◾Cinematography
◾Score
◾Catch-All (explained below)

Here is the draft order. After you draft please tag the next in line. Once someone or a film have been chosen they are off the board so pay attention damnit!

1 @Camo

2 @Yam12

3 @rauldc14

4 @CaptainT

5 @seanc

So we just pick movies then for the draft?
You pick either a film or performer for each category till you have one for each. Then you get points based on nominations and wins. Rules are in the first link.

I can't get a read at all on this Oscar season.
Yeah, it's a tough one. I tried to contact Camo. I think this has crashed and burned. No biggie, I knew it was a long shot.