Detective / time traveller movie

Tools    

The only part of it I remember is that the main character is sitting at a booth in a restaurant / bar and then a waitress comes to serve him. She looks very familiar to him and it turns out he knew her grandmother / mother and that she looks just like her. The character is working on some case (maybe he is a detective?) and I think he doesnt age or can travel through time as he had a relationship with her grandmother / mother and that is how he recognizes her. He used to sit in the same booth years ago as shown in a flashback and the waitress’ grandmother / mother used to serve him. Maybe there is a mark on the booth of some cigarette burn or a dent that happened long time ago and we see its still there in the present?

I’ve tried my best to compile the information I remember, give it your best shot lads!

Ive seen new amsterdam its a medical show not related. As for the other titles mentioned Ive looked them up and nothing seems to match as of yet.

Ive seen new amsterdam its a medical show not related. As for the other titles mentioned Ive looked them up and nothing seems to match as of yet.
Not that one. There is a series from 2008 on FOX, only had one abbreviated season of eight episodes before it was canceled, that was also called "New Amsterdam". But this one is about a police detective who is immortal, starring Nikolaj Coster-Waldau ("Game of Thrones").

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
How about the Ioan Gruffudd TV show called 'Forever'.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

I'm also going to throw Predestination out there, because when I think about time-traveling investigators eating in a restaurant/diner, that's where my mind immediately goes.

Thanks, will check those out and keep you posted