Stars you thought were dead that are still alive, or...

Tools    

I was talking to a neighbor who's about to have her dog spayed, and I said, "Even though he's been dead for years, I still hear commercials on the radio from Bob Barker about spaying & neutering your pets."

I was wrong, and it's no wonder they are still playing Bob Barker's commercials on the radio - he's still alive at age 99!

Speaking of Bobs... Bob Newhart is still alive at age 93.
Holy cow, two I was sure had passed on, especially Newhart! Please, stick around guys.

Just came from a thread started by @mark f and learned that L.Q. Jones just died a few days ago. Another I thought had passed several years ago. He was in his 90s so he had a real good run.

Holy cow, two I was sure had passed on, especially Newhart! Please, stick around guys.

Just came from a thread started by @mark f and learned that L.Q. Jones just died a few days ago. Another I thought had passed several years ago. He was in his 90s so he had a real good run.
I thought Bob Newhart was dead all because of an episode of ER!

He guest starred as an aging man (I think he crafted tiny figurines) who found out he was going blind. Although he was developing feelings for a young nurse at the hospital, he couldn't cope with the fact that he'd soon be blind and unable to do the only thing he loved... so he killed himself.

Don't know why, but I thought they altered the ending because the actor died in real life.

In reality, he did a lot since then!

P.S. I got to see Bob Newhart live when I was 15! (My aunt snuck me into a show in Atlantic City!)

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

He guest starred as an aging man (I think he crafted tiny figurines) who found out he was going blind. Although he was developing feelings for a young nurse at the hospital, he couldn't cope with the fact that he'd soon be blind and unable to do the only thing he loved... so he killed himself.

Don't know why, but I thought they altered the ending because the actor died in real life.

P.S. I got to see Bob Newhart live when I was 15! (My aunt snuck me into a show in Atlantic City!)

Bob Newhart was on several episodes of "The Big Bang Theory". He played Professor Proton,
WARNING: "SPOILERS for "The Big Bang Theory" and Professor Proton!!!" spoilers below
and his character died on that show too, but he even appeared on it again after his character's death.

Oh wow, that's very cool. To see a legend like that must have been awesome! Somewhere back in 1984 or '85 (can't remember the exact year---all I can find when I've looked on YouTube is Sinatra in Dallas in '87, the year I got married) I took a young woman (not my future wife ) to see Frank Sinatra live in Dallas at the now-demolished Reunion Arena. He was in his older, heavier, white-haired days but he still sounded great. He played in-the-round and at the top of every aisle ending on the stage, he had huge bodyguards standing with their arms folded, as if daring anyone to try to get near Ol' Blue Eyes. One brave young lady did dare---she ran up the aisle with a bouquet of flowers for Frank, and as soon as she got within hands reach of the guard, he grabbed the flowers, put his hand on her shoulder and spun her around and pushed. She skidded a bit, still on her feet and then happily trotted back to her seat. I was watching this through binoculars. Frank never even noticed. Good times.

For some reason I had it my mind that Carol Burnett was gone (possibly because of Mary Tyler Moore's passing). So I was surprised and delighted to learn that Burnett is in a later episode of Better Call Saul-- and was great. Really looking forward to seeing it!

Carol's also been doing commercials for the ME TV network (they're probably a couple years old now).
In a clever one her present self meets her younger self from her one episode of the Twilight Zone.
And they have her taking the stand and conversing with Perry Mason or talking to Sgt. Schultz from Hogan's Heroes.

Similar commercials on that network involve Kirk and Spock jumping through the time portal, (turning black & white) and ending up in Mayberry - I got a kick out of that one the first time I saw it.

I don't want to start a thread but ... RIP.

It's funny how a lot of people have mentioned Bob Newhart and Carol Burnett. I 've had premonitions, dreams, whatever that both Newhart and Burnett would be leaving us soon. It's a terrible thing to say, but I've had dreams about both of them dying. Can't imagine a world without Bob Newhart and Carol Burnett.

This is weird: yesterday throughout my travels I kept tuning back to WABC radio in the car as they have oldies shows starting in the late afternoon. Every time I tuned in, a host was talking about "Cousin Brucie" (Bruce Morrow) who joined the station 2 years ago.

So late last night before going to bed I turned the radio on as I cleaned up the kitchen and caught Curtis Sliwa also talking about Cousin Brucie. And everything he said was in the past tense: "Brucie was" this or that. It sounded like a memorial - complete with reminiscences and clips from Brucie's program.

I assumed he must have died. But when I went online I didn't find anything about Bruce Morrow - the latest stroy referencing him in a search is about his coming to ABC in 2020!

So according to the Internet, Cousin Brucie is still alive and well.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
One of the most interesting stories involved and revealed came in 2015. Matt Hannon was the star of the schlock film Samurai Cop, in which he played an LAPD detective trained in the art of samurai...I mean this movie is really bad...so bad it's amazing! Anyway, rumors had spread that Matt Hannon died shortly after making the film. However, in 2014, those rumors were laid to rest when it was revealed that in order to end the rumor, he changed his last name to "Karedas" and he announced that after 25 years, there would be the return of his character in Samurai Cop 2, which was released in 2015 and co-stars Tommy Wiseau as the villain. He is next seen in Len Kabinski's indie action film Path of Vengeance, which marks Leo Fong's final film performance.

Gina Lollobrigida is not only 95, but apparently now running for the Italian senate:

https://montrealgazette.com/entertai...enate-in-italy

According to the IMDB, she is still alive, but I have seen hints of some kind of media hoax that Sophia Loren has died. Has anybody else seen items about her passing?

According to the IMDB, she is still alive, but I have seen hints of some kind of media hoax that Sophia Loren has died. Has anybody else seen items about her passing?

The only news I could find about Sophia Loren is this:

Former Seamstress for Loren and Mastroianni Stabs 84-Year-Old Husband

A former cinema dressmaker who acted as seamstress for Sophia Loren, Marcello Mastroianni and Alberto Sordi was jailed in Rome last week after stabbing her husband at the age of 84.

https://lavocedinewyork.com/en/news/...r-old-husband/

I found out from the radio that Henry Kissinger is still alive - he is 99!
For sure I assumed he’s deceased.

While tooling about IMDB, I found one actor that I'd thought dead for years and that's Paul Dooley, of Popeye and 16 Candles fame, to name a few. He's 94-years-old, has one movie completed (although it says it was made in 2019), one in post-production, and one in pre-production. So apparently he's still working. Go Paul!

I just came across this YouTube video announcing the death of Lynda Carter.
I'm not sure what this is supposed to be, but it's not true. Lynda is alive!

Another video says she's been hospitalized, but I can't find anything confirming this...

Don't know what's going on (but why are there two videos announcing hospitalization and / or death)?

I just came across this YouTube video announcing the death of Lynda Carter.
I'm not sure what this is supposed to be, but it's not true. Lynda is alive!

Another video says she's been hospitalized, but I can't find anything confirming this...

Don't know what's going on (but why are there two videos announcing hospitalization and / or death)?

I don't know why people are posting that about her, but she posted on her Twitter page a few hours ago.