4 votes
George Clooney
67 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I must become Caligari..!
Adam West

Michael Keaton

Val Kilmer

George Clooney
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I dunno. I've always loved the Michael Keaton Batman movies, (they are not only my favorite superhero movies, but some of my favorite movies period), so I'll say Keaton. Clooney sucked (although that might've been the fault of his film. Forever was completely over the top, but that was barely saved by entertaining performances from the villians (Two-Face wasn't who he should've been, but his character fit in perfectly with the tone of the movies.)

Adam West comes in second.

(Side note:I consider Batman and Batman Returns to be completely independent of the second two Batman movies. They are completely seperate series' in my opinion)

Bruce Campbell Groupie
Michael Keaton's the darkest and therefore, in my opinion, the best Batman.

Put me in your pocket...
I voted for Adam West. He's my favorite. I love the campiness of those old shows and wished the movies had shown more light hearted camp than darkness. To each his own.

Of the movies I like Michael Keaton. For me, he was the best of the three.

I have to go with Keaton… I liked Kilmer too, but the more I think about it, Keaton was better…

Oh Lord…. Now I have the Batman theme from the tv show stuck in my head...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Put me in your pocket...
Since you both got that song stuck in my head, I had to find some bat quotes to share...

Bat-Banter:

Robin: "Where'd you get a live fish, Batman?”
Batman: “The true crimefighter always carries everything he needs in his utility belt, Robin.”

Robin, about Batgirl: "She's gone again! For once, Batman, let's follow her."
Batman: "No, Robin. With my head sticking out of this neosaurus costume, I might not appear like an ordinary, run of the mill crimefighter.”

Dick: "Bruce, let me ride Waynebow. I'm light enough.”
Bruce: "No, Dick, I couldn't allow my own ward to ride my own thoroughbred. People might think it was funny.”

Batman: “I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.”
Catwoman: “Marry me.”
Batman: "Everything except that.”

Bat-Quotes:

Penguin: “Here comes the bride, all bagged and tied!”

King Tut: [to Nefertiti] “How many times must I tell you? Queens consume nectars and ambrosia, not hot dogs.”

Robin: “The way we get into these scrapes and get out of them, it's almost as though someone was dreaming up these situations; guiding our destiny.”

Batman: “This time, the Joker gave the party. Next time we'll hand out the door prizes.”

Batman: “You're a rare lady, Catwoman, you're right on time.”

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums

Right on guys!

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I think we've done this poll before, but I still vote for Adam West, The Once and Future Batman. Seriously. Adam West is an acting god, second only to William Shatner in his greatness. A guy I know got Adam West's autograph and he misspelled "Old Chum." (old CHOM, he wrote.) A GOD, I tell you. Everyone do the Batusi!

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

It absolutely must be Michael Keaton if you want the best and most accurate Batman. The dark and gloomy look about him and the movie was perfect for this vengeful hero of the night.

For the lighter version it would be Adam West.

I must become Caligari..!

"Where Just your every day crime fighters going about our mundane buissness"

i think that keaton is the best... yeah, definitely!

and i have the na na na na na na na na bit from good vibrations stuck in MY head...
so different na's... better song...
lol

Last 5 Movies I have Watched...
The Astral Factor
Bridget Jones's Diary•••
The Maltese Falcon••••
Sliding Doors•••
Battle Royale••••

Collectormania
IMDb

I go for Val..........

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

Keaton is great, but he couldn't save Batman Returns from the inexplicable wackiness Burton unleashed on that poor movie.

Them quotes were funny.

I think the best Batman was Keaton, not because he was really good, but because everyone else really sucked.
I didn't include Adam West, cause he played a different kind of batman.
He was supposed to resemble Batman as a nice guy and really friendly and stuff. (it was a kids show)
The Batman movies seem to be using the angle the comics took, of Batman being half insane and still trying to take out criminals; as if the bat was his alter-ego.

So for the movies, Keaton was the best I think.
"You wanna get crazy"
He played a good bruce wayne, too.

but the others were all good Bruce Waynes, and horrible Batmans. George Clooney especially, Batman should not smile like that all the time!
And Val Kilmer is too much of a wimp to play Batman...

Michael Keaton wasn't all that great either, but better than the others.

Stretching the topic a bit, there has been a couple of names being touted to play Batman in the next installment.

Top of the list are HUGH DANCY and ASHTON KUTCHER. Tentative director Chris Nolan is all for Hugh Dancy whilst Warner Brothers are keen to ply the talents of the latter.

Here's the stretch. Who out of those two would be the best choice to don the infamous cowl of the Dark Knight?

Personnally I think both of them are too young to play the part. I much prefer Guy Pearce whose name was associated with the role for awhile. Of course he would have to fill out his body a little to get that rugged square-jawed look. Or perhaps with the natural growth of costume design advancements, Keaton could be tempted back into the role. (The restrictive costumes was partially why he left the role in the first place). Who else?

Keatons still my favourite as you can tell from above.

I separated the old series and the movies. I'm not one to like comicbook characters in movies, but I preferred Keaton by far. Not only was he a 'dark' Batman, he also gave his alter ego a great character.