The Matrix 2

Tools    

Does anyone know anything about the Matrix 2?
I loved Matrix 1, and heard that the Matrix 2 was in development, and the Matrix 3 would possibly be coming as well.

I just noticed that there is a thread about this elsewhere in the forum.
Sorry about that

I heard that Old Keanu Has been signed up for both the next 2 Matrix films and that hed be starting some time after his latest film was released. Well now its been released when they gonna start production on the sequel to possibly the greatest sci fi film of all time!

Plans have already begun...and yes, he and that Trinity chick have both signed on for the next two - so has Jet Li!

They're going to try to get all the acting done first, with the effects later. You see: there's a major acting strike that's set to happen soon, and if they can get the acting out of the way and get the special effects done during that time, then they give themselves a major advantage. As a result, look for the sequel to kick-butt at the box office!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
And what's the date on Reloaded being released?
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

The ever-useful IMDB.com says May of 2003...but we'll see. It was originally, I believe, scheduled for December of 2002, but I guess that a project of this size (and budget) is not something to be toyed with, so they'd rather take their time and make sure everything's perfect...plus, they won't have to open near The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers if they open in May.

But that one chick that was going to be in it died. The singer. I forget her name, but it was tragic. That had to throw their schedule off some, if only for re-casting.

Aaliyah. Jada Pinkett Smith, I think, took her spot, in the role of Naiobi (I think that was the name)...Morpheus' love interest, if I'm not mistaken. I think we'll see them meet up in Zion. The old lady playing the Oracle also died recently (Gloria Reuben, was it?). Two major setbacks. That probably has something to do with the delays...though I imagine they could be done by December anyway.

There's enough Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions stuff for you to enjoy yourselfs at IGN.

True. I'm a bit worried that, because of the deaths, the next two films won't be quite as good as the Wachowski brothers originally intended? I mean, they cast the Ms. Rueben and Aaliyah for a reason, but due to circumstances beyond their control, have had to go with "second choices", so to speak......

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Oh a friend of mine happened to capture and encode footage of it from an Access Hollywood excerpt, its 30 or so mb and about two min of actual footage. Check it out at www.fishbrains.com

ok now the matrix is my all time fav movie but i feel that the matrix reloaded and revolutions won't be able to live up to the original people will have such high standards (like myself) it is always hard to make a sequel better then an orignal.

I would agree normally, but not here...the story of The Matrix (that is, of all three movies, and more, even) was mapped out way in advance. It's not as if they created the first movie, saw it was a hit, and then sat down and wrote a sequel. They were planning three the whole time, and had the story there the whole time...so I think the next two will be just as good.

Originally posted by OG-
Oh a friend of mine happened to capture and encode footage of it from an Access Hollywood excerpt, its 30 or so mb and about two min of actual footage. Check it out at www.fishbrains.com

It says on mine unable to render video...decompreser not found...sound no picture