Batman:Year One

Tools    

in case everyone doesnt know, this is a movie directed by Darren Aronofsky (REquiem for a Dream, Pi) And it was scheldules to come out, but "put on hold" or canceled, because Batman vs Superman is going to come out, so instead, Aronofsky is going ahead and making the Sci: The Fountain starring Brad Pitt.

I sure as hell hope they still make this movie, it would be hella cool, espically if Scarecrow was played by Manson.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

i think they should give batman and superman a bit of a rest there are new heros in town.

Aint it cool news says that Brad Pitt has dropped out of the Fountain for money reasons!! Isnt that horrible! HE could be working with Darren Aronofsky, and this project might be shut down now, but if it is, that means Batman: Year One will probably start production.

Fighting out of the Lions Den
Originally posted by jrs1013
Variety reports that shock rocker Marilyn Manson is in talks to play the villainous 'The Scarecrow'
The Freak certainly looks the part, but has this guy got any acting credentials at all?

Does The Rock or Britney Spears?
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Fighting out of the Lions Den
Originally posted by LordSlaytan
Does The Rock or Britney Spears?
That`ll be a big fat then.

Superman Lives: Superman: Last Son of Krypton has an update today after they got in touch with the agent of J.J. Abrams, the "Alias" creator who has penned a script for Supes that Warners is all abuzz about right now. Of the screenplay he had this to say: "The script is far less than 200 pages - about 130. It is going before Batman v. Superman and Wolfgang Petersen is doing another movie (Troy) first. That's all I can tell you other than its one of the best screenplays I've ever read and is epic, action packed and extremely humanistic. Fans will not be dissapointed". Meanwhile its been tipped that not only Lex Luthor but apparently 'Lobo' will also appear as villains. Thanks to 'FanHalen'.

this appeared on darkhorizons.com i guess you were right jrs...

Now this movie should be made!!! And they should star the same people as the batman vs superman movie.

the only way to get the Batman franchise back again, is to keep as dark as possible, like the dark night comics, Tim Burton knew this. He made Batman the way it should have been made, with a dark tone. You can't make it fancy, the director of requeim for a dream(which is a real good film), should keep it as dark as possible

i'd like to point out that for all intents and purposes, there already is a film adaptation of 'year one', and an excellent one, at that. 'batman: mask of the phantasm' follows much of the same core storyline as 'year one', except throwing in a (non-prostitute) love interest, and nifty stuff with the joker.
i really doubt that they are going to be able to surpass that movie as an adaptation of the early frank miller batman stuff.
hmm, i'm surprised that i havent heard anything about marvel adapting the daredevil stuff miller did in the early eighties.

Originally posted by linespalsy
i'd like to point out that for all intents and purposes, there already is a film adaptation of 'year one', and an excellent one, at that. 'batman: mask of the phantasm' follows much of the same core storyline as 'year one', except throwing in a (non-prostitute) love interest, and nifty stuff with the joker.
i really doubt that they are going to be able to surpass that movie as an adaptation of the early frank miller batman stuff.
That was a great movie, i loved that series. But Its Darren Aronofsky, if you have ever see Pi or Requiem for a Dream, you would know that this will be 20x better than the phantasm.

If anyone know about in further production in this movie, i'd like to know who will play Batman this time, and will there be a Robin, and Batgirl?

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
The original story was a prequal to all of the other Batmans. I hope to God Batgirl isn't in it. As soon as they started adding sidkicks, the movies got progressively worse. Remember Batman & Robin? Also, in the story, there aren't any supervillians (like Joker or Scarecrow) the bad guys were gangsters. It should stay that way.

I See You When You're Sleeping
I think they should get robin williams to be Batman because he's had no luck up to date.

Also they could get Mel Gibson to be the Joker and Maggie Smith to be Batgirl.

they should put gweneth paltrow in it, because i want to bone her so friggin bad. in royal tenenbaums i was in awe at her beauty every shot she was in.

manson has acted before, manson is a ridiculous actor, he's been acting since marilyn manson became popular, he just never stops acting, he's the ultimate controller of the media, they make him look bad therefore rebellious angry kids buy his albums, they debate his actions, so he sells more albums. he's been playing the world for a long ass time.

Lets hope that Batgirl gets the chance to kick more butt this time...........not some meek and mild bimbo........

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Has no one heard what I've been saying? Batman year one is all about batman before he is batman. There almost definately won't be any sidekicks like batgirl. Heck, there might not even be supervillians!