Hi, I am new.

Tools    

Greeting and salutations (yes I know that’s a blatant Heathers ripoff), I am originally from Manhattan, but have spent the last 3 years living in Los Angeles, after falling into a pretty good industry job by sheer chance. Most of the time it’s great, there are a lot of perks, but there are times where it feels like I am sitting on wet dynamite and a wrong move will result in the untimely demise of my career.

What else? Well for the last few weeks I have been living in a hotel. I put my condo up for sale towards the end of June, and it was purchased about a week after being listed. So I am in a hotel until I find a new place.

I am trying to stop smoking, I am on my fourth day of being nicotine free and I have turned into a mild insomniac. I decided to boycott going out this evening since alcohol and cigarettes go together like peanut butter and jelly for me, so I hoped on the internet and randomly ran across this site. This looks like a great place, and after snooping around for awhile I decided to join up because there are a lot of interesting threads and there seems to be a real lack of the uberfan flame wars that tend to ruin most sites.

Well since I am exhausted yet can’t get to sleep, I must be rambling and I am going to rap this up before it becomes too incoherent. I assure you all that my future posts will be well written and insightful unlike this one.

The People's Republic of Clogher
The nicotine should be out of your bloodstream now so it's all down to willpower.

That sounds rich coming from a lapsed ex-smoker so...Welcome to MoFo!

gia
Welcome to the site!

gia
Welcome to the site!

rhymes with Goebbels
hey, nice to have you here

EDIT: (hilariously late)