Disney buys Pixar?

Tools    

As far as i understood, Walt Disney is very interested in buying Pixar for about $7 mlrd. Now Pixar is ruled only by Steven Jobes who is also the manager of the Microsoft competitor - Apple Computer so the idea of buying the company is still being discussed by Disney company. Pixar made a really good job for Disney taking into consideration the last two animated hits - "Finding Nemo" and "The incredibles". Anyway, guess we will find really soon when this is going to happen.

I believe it's more or less a done deal already.

Anyway, any significant change at Pixar worries me a bit, but it sounds like they're keeping key people and processes, so I don't think we'll see a major dropoff in quality, or anything of the sort. And thank goodness for that.

Neutral Milk Hotel
Ive Noticed that, animation wise, pixar has by far the best. Computer animation is getting lazy with films like "Hoodwinked" and "valiant"
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

You ready? You look ready.
I'm a big fan of the old stuff. The old animation where it is all drawn. I'm not too fond of this CGI crap. But, that's just an opinion.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

It's really quite a shame Disney got rid of all the drawing tables and just threw them out. I'm not too fond of their 3D movies, like Chicken Little.

Movie Forums Member
I heard that was done a while back....

You have yet to see my masterpiece
did anyone else hea that Mdascare will be the last annimated movie that will be relaeased by Disney that is 2-D from now on the rest will be the new style like Shrek and Ice age

Originally Posted by John_Doe
did anyone else hea that Mdascare will be the last annimated movie that will be relaeased by Disney that is 2-D from now on the rest will be the new style like Shrek and Ice age
Actually, Madagascar was a DreamWorks film, not a Disney film, and it wasn't actually 2D; it was just slightly stylized to subtly look that way from certain angles.

You have yet to see my masterpiece
Originally Posted by Yoda
Actually, Madagascar was a DreamWorks film, not a Disney film, and it wasn't actually 2D; it was just slightly stylized to subtly look that way from certain angles.
Your are right but the last movie that Disney put out that was 2-D was in fact their last!!!

Originally Posted by John McClane
I'm a big fan of the old stuff. The old animation where it is all drawn. I'm not too fond of this CGI crap. But, that's just an opinion.
Same here. Old classics like the early Disney collections are great stuff. The CGI stuff is still pretty cool but I think the art of drawing has been lost.

I think it's a good merger and it will make alot of $$$$$$, but I agree the old animation is a lost art and they had some really cool stuff stuff back then.

the merger will definitly make a lot of $$$ but i'm not so sure it was such a good idea

well future will tell

Wuv,tru wuv will forrow you forevah
Well Cars was a big success so I think the merger is off to a good start

So it's always going to be CGI? It's never going to be like before CGI?

What happened to the 2-D animation(except for The Simpson Movie), It's like they decided that Computer Animation is the new best thing and just threw 2-D in the trash. COMPUTER ANIMATION IS TAKING OVER ANIMATION AND NEEDS TO BE STOPPED. What do you think?

Start
Pixar Movies
Finding Nemo
The Incredibles
Cars
A Bug's Life
Monsters Inc.
Ratatuoille
Toy Story
Toy Story 2

Disney CGI Movies
Chicken Little
Meet the Robinsons
The Wild

DreamWorks Animation
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Madagascar
Over the Hedge
SharkTale

Sony Animation
Open Season
Surf's Up

Warner Bros.
Happy Feet
Polar Express

20th Century Fox
Doogal
Hoodwinked
Ice Age
Ice Age: Meltdown

Almost every distributor has Computer Animation Movies.
That's very sad.

Originally Posted by moviemat
What happened to the 2-D animation(except for The Simpson Movie), It's like they decided that Computer Animation is the new best thing and just threw 2-D in the trash. COMPUTER ANIMATION IS TAKING OVER ANIMATION AND NEEDS TO BE STOPPED. What do you think?

Start
Pixar Movies
Finding Nemo
The Incredibles
Cars
A Bug's Life
Monsters Inc.
Ratatuoille
Toy Story
Toy Story 2

Disney CGI Movies
Chicken Little
Meet the Robinsons
The Wild

DreamWorks Animation
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Madagascar
Over the Hedge
SharkTale

Sony Animation
Open Season
Surf's Up

Warner Bros.
Happy Feet
Polar Express

20th Century Fox
Doogal
Hoodwinked
Ice Age
Ice Age: Meltdown

Almost every distributor has Computer Animation Movies.
That's very sad.
Why is that sad? CGI, hand drawn, stop motion, etc... They're all tools to tell a story. I don't understand why people get so wrapped up in technology. I'm for CGI and I'm for traditional animation. That's like saying movies are going to crap because of digital.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

You are the apple of my eye anyways
Pixar put Disney in the spot light with Toy Story, but I like how they're moving forward with Fox, Dream Works, and Warner Bros. It's a step up from the cookie cutter CGI animated films they did for Disney. Plus Madagascar and Shrek are classics

Just a girl who loves movies
I loved Pixar's works so I think all this money is worth it. I almost fell off the chair when seeing how much money is involved, but then realised... well .. they're good

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally Posted by moviemat
This was something I saw a month or so ago somewhere on the web, where Disney has stated they are getting out of the computer animtated film business and going back to their roots after Meet the Robinsons, they won't be doing any other cg films.

Pixar, however, will continue to do the computer animated films under, just like they do now.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I understand the investment and the lucrative deals, but when is Disney going to stop hiring geeks to do artists jobs and make another ANIMATED feature! They have sucked since Alladin... and they keep releasing these sacreligious straight to video sequals of the classics... Makes me want to cry. Was Walt really cryogenically frozen cuz we need to get on this and wake that man UP so he can save us from the Eizners of the world.