Stephen King Movies

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
Okay, I didn't mean to imply EVERYONE was well cast. I thought Sinise was perfect, and when I first saw the flick, I'd never seen him in anything before. And yes, Rob Lowe was great as well. I'd forgotten about some of the others.

As for Molly Ringwald, I thought she had the right LOOK but yes, wasn't tough enough -- a little too prissy.

We're not in disagreement.

I read the book about 12/13 years before the mini-series. I always pictured the Walkin Dude being played by Christopher Walkin.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

you left off one of his books(IT), an excellent book, i've read every book he wrote, but I would have to say The Shining was was his best work, as well as the film, Jack Nicholson need I say more, I'm waiting for Dreamcatcher to hit the theaters

The Adventure Starts Here!
Thanks for the link, jrs. Good interview. Glad he shaved the beard.

I've been reading his stuff for 20 years now and have always enjoyed his storytelling ability. But I've missed a few of the latest works, so even if he retires, I have a backlog of stuff of his to read.

Speaking of which, I'm off to start Bag of Bones....

Linda

I figure Stephen King will retire about like Celine Dion.

He'll never be gone for long....you know, until he's dead. Although like V.C. Andrews or Louis L'Amour, I'm sure they'll be pumping out "Stephen King" books long after he's buried (hopefully not at the Pet Sematary). Partial manuscripts, outlines, shopping lists - all will be given over to various hacks to make posthumous books for publishers to cash-in on indefinitely.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra