The Hangover

Tools    

I thought it was funny, and I thought it was worth the money, but I kinda felt like there were a few times where the comedy seemed to be spaced out weird...

Like, I thought there were chunks of funny parts, then a while of nothing, then funny again...

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
This is definitely not worth it's own thread, I can't believe they are making a 3rd one, I really thought the 2nd one flopped big at the box office and got horrible reviews from everyone, but who knows it might be good.

The Hangover 3 may actually be different

Dec 5, 2011

Despite Todd Phillips’ The Hangover Part 2 making bank at the box-office, many complained the film was basically exactly like the first, just with a different setting. Many thought we could expect the same when The Hangover 3 was announced. Well, Bradley Cooper was interviewed by Graham Norton (via Bleeding Cool) about what we could expect for the next adventure of The Wolf Pack. “I think it’ll take place in Los Angeles and maybe not adhere to the structure, it might be different,” he said.

This is definitely not worth it's own thread, I can't believe they are making a 3rd one, I really thought the 2nd one flopped big at the box office and got horrible reviews from everyone, but who knows it might be good.
Hangover II got some very bad reviews, by in large, but that did not prevent it from making over $250-million at the U.S. box office and over $580-million total, worldwide. That put it just under what the first one made in America ($277-million), and the sequel actually beat the worldwide total of the original ($467-million) by more than a hundred million. So, yeah...they'll be making a third one. The Wolf Pack will return.

I rather enjoyed the sequel for exactly what it was, but clearly if they want people to embrace the next one the formula will have to be completely different. I laughed at the mirror image plot once, but they can't pull the same trick three times in a row. The characters and actors are likeable enough and do so well bouncing off of each other that it need not have the loss-of-time-retracing-steps framing device to work again.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra