WEIRD TALES: Describe your Nightstand

Tools    

I'm not quite sure of this fascination with night stands. I have one, but it's not next to my bed -- it's to the left of it. It has a nonworking (because she's not plugged up) Marilyn Monroe telephone on it. There is also a fan on it, an intercom, my alarm clock (Aiwa), a lamp, some remote controls, a small Jesus knick knack, and a small policeman knick knack. I should reorganize things.

Next to my bed is my dresser, which is where my CD/tape/radio/record player is, my CDs, my cordless phone, and a big rubber "Scream" ghost head.

My bedroom is quite messy right now. I need to clean it up... it looks very lived in. I have books everywhere and some clothes to pick up.

I did, however, get a new bed comforter and sheets recently. It's very Hawaiian -- lots of palm trees, flowers, water and clouds on it. I sleep on clouds everynight. I wake up and feel the sky.

i have a new room. it's on the main level of the house now. the table next to my bed isn't so much a nightstand as it is a big table. on it:

-contact lens cases
-contact lens solution
-pink cigarette lighter
-two packages of cigarettes
-empty vodka bottle
-portable mp3 player
-weekend section of the Washington Post, with the Seven Samurai on the cover
-2 blank cds
-a postcard from london from a friend who visited there
-glasses case
-purple hand lotion
-Sula by Toni Morrison

...and, much to my embarassment:
-The Death of the West by Pat Buchanan
-Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

concerning the last two books: they're gifts from my dad. he won't allow me to read left-wing propaganda unless i read right-wing propaganda to counter it. crazy fathers and their wacky antics.

Originally posted by Steve
concerning the last two books: they're gifts from my dad. he won't allow me to read left-wing propaganda unless i read right-wing propaganda to counter it. crazy fathers and their wacky antics.
Frankly, he's right. Every parent should make sure their child reads both sides of such issues. He may be insisting on it for the wrong reasons (and Pat Buchanon is hardly representative of the right-wing side of things), but the actual requirement isn't really a bad one, as far as I can see.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
So you got a new room Steve? Congrats on graduating from a room where the four walls were sheets. Not to forget the bloodstain on the floor.

-- nightstands--
how very interesting- no matter mine consists of:
-VCR,DVD,TV,CD and Sattelitte controllers...
-alarm clock' type thing
-keyboard, mouse ( wireless)
-digital and reguar camera
-several thousand punk CDs (well more like 25 but who counting!)
-game cube controller ( wavebird->wireless)
-money,change,checks . . .
-brush, mousse and other hair sTuff.

-- not a whole lot interesting, but anways--

I must become Caligari..!
Wow this is the coolest thread ever

Atop
  • Alarm Clock
  • Keys
  • Glasses (eye)
  • Glass, Empty, Once contained... Coke.. i think
  • Mobile Phone, Nokia 3210
  • Remotes, DVD, TV, VCR (Broke), Both the TV and VCR ones are missing the "3" button
  • One bottle of saltwater
  • MP3 player

In The Draw
  • 4 Issues of Empier
  • Books, Pulp Fiction: The Screenplay, The Worlds Stupidest Laws, and The Idiots Guied To Mafia
  • One unopened...... ... Just in case
  • one, mind puzzle in a cube, You know those clear cubes that have the balls and the holes and you have to move the cube around till the balls go in the holes... You know
  • One cricket ball
  • Old tickets, 5 bus, 2 train, Passport to smackdown, four Movie ones... The Animal (wow thats old), School of rock, Master and commander and American splendor
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

there's a frog in my snake oil
Oh what the hell, i'll procrastinate some more...

My "bedstand" is some black bookshelves (with only two shelves with loads of space between)

On top there's:

-a big yellow hinged-swing-lamp thing
-a highlighter
-a new phone
-an evil alarm clock that bleeps when you're setting the alarm late at night and generally bleeps when you don't want it to
-an old dodgy walkman
-some earplugs for when i'm drumming (which is my next procrastination plan methinks)
-a big box of matches
-a half used packet of pellets of fake blood
-some eau de cologne stuff some students gave me (but they swore i don't smell, they swore. Well, it was summer, and i dance around a lot )
-loads of tapes piled up
-a little tape/cd thing
-a very old and dusty hand-me-down laptop that i should hand-on

On the shelves there's:

-packs of holiday photos
-blank discs
-a plastic box and a wooden one that i don't even want to look into
-videos of my shorts and political/scientific tv programmes (not mine ).
-scrap paper
-some old records
-loads files of unfiled unorganised newspaper cuttings and old notes
-a box of necessary dull legal/financial stuff
-more tapes in a big messy lump
-what i think is an old electric motor (don't know why)
-old sketch pads
-an unused diary
-a calvin and hobbs collection and a dilbert book.
-books on screenwriting, grammar and Dennet's "Consciousness explained" (abandoned coz he's so pretentious)

On the floor (the main filing area ) there's:

-another less-old hand-me-down laptop
-New Scientists and Ecologists
-cuttings i've cut but haven't read/highlighted yet.
-folders of filed cuttings
-books: Right Hand, Left Hand by Chris McManus; The Piano screenplay; the writers and artists yearbook 2004; and some gentle books to drop off too: a couple of terry pratchett books (Jingo, Interesting Times) and Douglas Adams (The long dark teatime of the soul, and The Salmon of Doubt)
-random late-night scribbled notes
-a big plastic box full of filed stuff
-newspapers, paper, more paper, just far too much freaking paper.
-the floor (somewhere)

Gah, probably wasted enough time now Back to pseudo-work

EDIT: Heheheh, that was so dull - my fault for having shelves for a bedside-table thing

I'm not old, you're just 12.
What's on my nightstand:

- A small fan
- My alarm clock radio, always tuned to 95.5, W.B.R.U. in Providence!
- A birthday card
- 3 dead AA batteries
- and ATM reciept
- My keyring
- some change
- an empty plastic cup
- a one of a kind, hand painted Star Wars matchbox car (My favorite posession)
- and a picture of Amy, which is the first thing I see when I wake up in the morning, and the last thing I see when I go to sleep

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I have a queen anne bedside cabinet.........

and on it is.......

my Nokia 6610 mobile phone.....

book i am reading.......Walk On - The Spiritual Journey of U2......

phone......

bottle of.......Dune........

house alarm keys...

ferrero rocher chocolate.......

flower lamp.......

teeny weeny torch......

rolling stone magazine............

3 bottles of nail polish.......

hair brush.........

bits of jewelry........

tiny glass angel

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

I am having a nervous breakdance
On my desk that also serves as my one nightstand HA HA HA HA HA .... Sorry... I have not that much right now because I cleaned it the other day. What can I say, it's christmas time. Next week I'll take a bath.

Ok, let's see....

A bookstand with books and magazines, mostly about film and music. And one about Che Guevara. Oh, and with some deodorant and other things that smells nice.

A can with pens

A punch

Speakers to my stereo

Speakers to my pc

Some buns (swedish "lussekatter" )

A phone

An alarm clock

My pc keyboard, the mouse and the screen

Earplugs

Some coins

My tv/video remote

My cell phone, Ericsson T200 (I think)

A letter that is really boring

And that's it... One week ago this would have been much more interesting...

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
On my nightstand (which is cherry-stained pine):
a black, wrought-iron lamp
a green phone
a framed photo of a snowy country road in England (the Peaks District)
a clock radio
and sometimes my glasses.

Level 2 : Farmer
I got 2 cups, 2 bottles of empty water and orange juice, a clock sterio, face cream, q-tips, tweezer, siccsors, band aid, nail polish, sun glasses, disinfectant, deoderant, and a bunch of other crap. nail polish and face cream is my girlfriends, not mine. Just you guys dont think I am a cross dresser at night.

Wuv,tru wuv will forrow you forevah
Mine is pretty boring: A lamp, A clock radio, a box of tissue, a water bottle and my cell phone.