Worst Date Movie Experience?

Tools    

@Yoda and @UpgradeYourDad

I guess I would be a unique person to date and conversationalist.

Oh well.

I could go back and tell you every film I saw while dating and I guess I am different. However Im on my phone and dont have time now. Going to see Eli Roth's Death Wish.

I ended up seeing Mean Girls in the cinema four different times in a few weeks when i was 11. First time me and a friend where seeing something else and we skipped in afterwards, second was a date, third was with a friend and his sister and fourth was another date.

I actually quite like it but i was definitely going low-key insane by the end.

@Yoda and @UpgradeYourDad

I guess I would be a unique person to date and conversationalist.

Oh well.

I could go back and tell you every film I saw while dating and I guess I am different.
Lots of people would be interested in discussing them. That's not unusual. This is about the kind of activities best to engage in when you don't know someone or are trying to be romantic.

Being in the Glasgow Film Theater watching "Betty Blue" bringing hot-dogs back to our seats (I was Lee Marvin) to find out she was a vegetarian.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
What a shame, @UpgradeYourDad. I expected a superb punchline at the end, like she was crying, because she's pregnant, or cheated on you and is afraid to tell you. The post seemed interesting but turned out pretty anticlimactic!

Here's a list I compiled a couple of years ago:

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/mrmin...n_a_first_date

It's an extensive list of films to watch on your first date. Never tried any of these (lousy Disney film only so far), but I hope I will some time in the future...
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I gotta feeling someone on this thread's experience will be taking a girl to see "Deadpool".. On Valentines day and the girl didn't like going to see Deadpool cause it wasn't a Romance at all more of an Action film

“I was cured, all right!”
My girlfriend chose Snow White and the Huntsman to see on a Saturday night, she asked me to leave before the end, we went home and we decided to watch another movie, again she chose. The movie was "Another Earth," a colossal trash. I will never forgive her for this night of atrocities.

Don’t Draft Me, I Watch Anime!
My girlfriend chose Snow White and the Huntsman to see on a Saturday night, she asked me to leave before the end, we went home and we decided to watch another movie, again she chose. The movie was "Another Earth," a colossal trash. I will never forgive her for this night of atrocities.

“Hey babe lets leave this kick in the groin to a kick in the shins!”

Seriously, if a girl hated a film I love I wouldn't even be mad. I wouldn't dump her, or be angry with her. I'd have a conversation with her trying to show her why I love this movie so much. But somewhere inside me... Deep down... I would be disappointed in her.

Seriously, if a girl hated a film I love I wouldn't even be mad. I wouldn't dump her, or be angry with her. I'd have a conversation with her trying to show her why I love this movie so much. But somewhere inside me... Deep down... I would be disappointed in her.
What if it is the other way around? She LOVES a movie you cannot stand.

Say her favorite movies are Bay's Transformers series, and she tells you she loves them because the action is cool, and she loves any popcorn brainless movie.

I have met many so called movie fans like the example above.

I am glad you didn't show her John Wick 2.

Say her favorite movies are Bay's Transformers series, and she tells you she loves them because the action is cool, and she loves any popcorn brainless movie.
If she's worth it, I start training her to become a movie buff.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Sorry MovieGal but I totally agree with Yoda. Hotel Rwanda is not the sort of movie I would think most young guys would consider suitable for a first date. I saw it when it first came out and I'm glad we watched it at home. My eldest sister was totally embarrassed about how hard she cried in public, and then told her date she wanted to go home. Not really conducive to aftermovie dinner chit chat for a lot of people, young or old. It's a hard hitting movie.

Wracked my brains and the only one I can think of for a first date was
1. I cant remember which movie although the pre movie or whatever they call it where they still have it these days was thethree stooges
2. The waft of unwashed jeans was probably a wee bit of a turnoff
3. telling me he didnt have a driving licence but was enjoying meeting people and saving money for his summer holida in my country was probably the clincher. He was my taxi driver from the court house I had been working when he picked me up. Nice one.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
hum. This was not so much a date, but me and the ex were going through a pretty rough spot and decided to rent a movie. What loverly, inspirational piece of distracting cinema did we randomly choose? Blue Valentine.

By the end of that roller coaster ride we were both pretty much ready to just sit, crying behind closed doors in the garage with the car cranked and running.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

A system of cells interlinked
In 2006, I went on a date with a girl, and over dinner, I asked:

"So, what kind of movies do you like?"

"I hate movies. It's like, I just wasted 2 hours of my life. Movies are stupid."

"Check please!"