World Cup Soccer 2018

Tools    

The United States has not qualified for the 2018 World Cup. This sucks. I really enjoy watching them play. What they lack in proficiency compared to some other countries they more than make up for in enthusiasm & their huge desire to win.

Guess I will stick with England then.

My teams are typically 1.a and 1.b - Scotland and Ireland. I'm from Scotland and the majority of my family is from Ireland. Then Italy, not got any personal connections to the country but they've always been my big team. After that whoever i think are entertaining to watch which changes all the time. Wouldn't mind England doing well and i do kinda root for them at times but even when they were decent in the late 90's/early 2000's their matches were horrible.

Ireland are through to the Second Round of qualifying and Scotland will probably never make a World Cup again. Although they were good for Scotland in qualifying this time.

I agree about England. Can hardly bear to watch them in the World Cup. They always look like they could care less.

Same as you I watch whoever is entertaining.

Americans always say - how come that match was exciting when only one goal was scored? They don’t understand that the fewer the goals scored the more skillful the match was. Can’t remember the country that got clobbered last time that let 7 goals in. Fun to watch, but idiotic also.

Can’t remember the country that got clobbered last time that let 7 goals in. Fun to watch, but idiotic also.
Brazil in Brazil against Germany in the Semi Final. Completely insane.

I hated that Brazil side, really wish Colombia had beat them purely for more James.

The United States has not qualified for the 2018 World Cup. This sucks. I really enjoy watching them play. What they lack in proficiency compared to some other countries they more than make up for in enthusiasm & their huge desire to win.

Guess I will stick with England then.
Well that's nice of you Stirchley . I'm assuming you're American but I don't know.

I was sorry to hear that the USA hadn't qualified as they were great in the last World Cup and it seemed that the American audience was really excited by how well they were doing. It's really disappointing that Wales and Scotland haven't managed to get through this time either.

Aside from England I'm always rooting for the Netherlands and Croatia. And I loved Iceland in the Euros. They look like they're walking qualification but I hope Croatia get through in the same group.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I guess ima jump on that Iceland bandwagon before it's too trendy.

Canada is awful, so I’ll be supporting Italy as my parents were born there. Can’t see them achieving anything noteworthy under such a poor manager, however. Might actually be lucky to win the playoff!

Brazil hasn't won in a while now so I think it's time for Brazil to win. Anyway, the qualifiers showed Brazil has currently the strongest team although performance in the qualifiers is not strongly correlated with perfomance in the cup. Well, I hope Brazil doesn't fail to win it again like we did 3 times in a row.

Belgium might be a contender as well – I don't know what they've been like in qualification but the players they have…they did underperform in the Euros.

Belgium might be a contender as well – I don't know what they've been like in qualification but the players they have…they did underperform in the Euros.
Good squad that's been wasted first under Wilmots, and now Martínez.

Good squad that's been wasted first under Wilmots, and now Martínez.
Yeah, that was a surprise Martínez going to Belgium. It'll be interesting to see who replaces Gordon Strachan for Scotland.

No way Brazil has the strongest team. They very well could win it but they don't have the strongest team and as you said Qualifying isn't a great indicator of that.

It'd be great if an African team won it. I think Ghana got the furthest last time.

It'd be great if an African team won it. I think Ghana got the furthest last time.
It'd be great if a Republic could win it imo

America is the only team from a Continent other than South America or Europe to reach the Semi-Finals and that was the very first one when most of the good European teams never showed up. Would be cool to see an African team get that far, their teams are usually very flawed but fun to watch.

Couldn't care less about the England side, so I go to the other side of my family and watch France.

But to be frank, I'd find it nice and amusing to see Iceland win the whole thing.

Couldn't care less about the England side,
It's awful isn't it? It's such a common attitude though. The expectations are so dreadful that unfortunately that's how a lot of us feel.

It annoyed me recently when Gareth Southgate said he hadn't settled on his England captain yet, and yet Harry Kane's had the armband for several matches, is squeaky clean and scoring goals like there's no tomorrow – not exactly a head-scratcher Gaz .