Amazing alternative music score for 1985 'King Solomon's Mines'

Tools    

freedom~empathy~peace
I stumbled onto this dubbed version of King Solomon's Mines (1985). Check out the scene in the caves from 1:17:00 to 1:18:20 -- I was so impressed when I saw (and heard) the way they had changed the music here, I had to dig out my DVD copy of the film just to listen and compare it to the original.

In the dubbed version, I feel that the tension in the scene is ramped up considerably by this different choice of music -- I think it works really well. I wish the movie itself was better, but I'm afraid I agree with those who feel it was badly let down by crappy dialogue and a poor script.

I would love to hear how you stumbled onto Tamil YouTube side, haha.

Anyways, the music bit is standard and I think I have heard variations of it on most 80s-90s Indian (Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, etc) movies featuring over the top villains.

Glad you enjoyed it.

On a side note, I loved that movie as a kid. Maybe because Sharon Stone was always cute to me, and I especially loved the scene where the British villain swallows diamond. It was then that I had discovered that people smuggled diamonds like that.

freedom~empathy~peace
I would love to hear how you stumbled onto Tamil YouTube side
I think, much like the rest of the world, I'm a little addicted to yoootooob. In this instance, I was looking around for Jungle Adventure type movies, trying to find a match for a film somebody is searching for. The fact that the film I landed on yesterday had been dubbed into Tamil was just a happy accident really.

I'm fairly ignorant about non-English language movies and it's interesting to learn that the music bit in question was kind of a 'standard' thing in 80s and 90s Indian films - thank you for enlightening me on this point. My opinion that it works nicely in the cave scene in KSM is unchanged however, even with this new knowledge.