Things that annoy you...

Tools    

Ah, neat.

Yeah, the child thing got kinda ugly. There was a famous political ad/chant/whatever that went "Ma, ma, where's my pa? Off to the White House, ha ha ha!"
Turns out he acknowledged paternity of a son.

Also turns out - this guy is full of firsts - that he’s the only president to wed in the White House. (He entered as a bachelor.)

That's right, that's right. I can't remember if I read an actual biography of Cleveland or if it was part of a larger whole, but either way I guess I only retained the sordid stuff. But that does ring a bell. I think the bride was particularly young, if it's coming back to me properly.

That's right, that's right. I can't remember if I read an actual biography of Cleveland or if it was part of a larger whole, but either way I guess I only retained the sordid stuff. But that does ring a bell. I think the bride was particularly young, if it's coming back to me properly.
21 to his 49. Daughter of his friend & he was her guardian.

Her name was Frances & she was (is?) the youngest First Lady.

A friend made me my first ever cotton mask at the start of this mess. Today I wore it for coffee at DNKN. On the way home I looked for it to put on as I was entering a store. Vanished into thin air. Went back to DNKN, but no sign of it (had to check the garbage).

I tell ya, when I lose something it really does vanish. Never to be seen again. Annoying!

A friend made me my first ever cotton mask at the start of this mess. Today I wore it for coffee at DNKN. On the way home I looked for it to put on as I was entering a store. Vanished into thin air. Went back to DNKN, but no sign of it (had to check the garbage).

I tell ya, when I lose something it really does vanish. Never to be seen again. Annoying!
This reminded me of a real-life amusement...

I left a new, white N95 mask in my mother's car so it would be there whenever I take her to the Dr. I put it right on the dashboard. We went to leave one day and it was gone. We looked all over for it but couldn't find it. Luckily I had a spare mask I've been keeping in my knapsack. When we got home, my mother got out of the car and there was the mask on her seat - she'd been sitting on it the whole time!

There was a white towel on the seat serving as a cover, and the mask was white. It was well camouflaged, so no one noticed it on the towel when entering the car.

There’s a little kitty I see sometimes on my street, but actually 2 blocks away. (My street has 3 sections.)

I see one of the houses there always has 2 or 3 little bowls on its front porch. I saw the kitty yesterday & curiosity overtook me to see what actually was in its bowls.

Horrified to see 2 bowls contained a solid chunk of ice. (Very cold this week, but that ice had been there for a very long time.) And the other bowl literally contained a few crumbs. This was at 9 a.m. Also there was a small empty cardboard box.

Boy, I was upset. I don’t know if that kitty lives there or if it even has a home. It has a collar, but that means nothing in my ‘hood. I felt like banging on their door & yelling at them to take care of the cat, but I would never do this.

People are so annoying.

This city here is like an open sewer you know. It's full of filth and ****. And sometimes I can hardly take it. Whatever-whoever becomes the President should just really clean it up. You know what I mean? Sometimes I go out and I smell it, I get headaches it's so bad, you know...They just never go away you know...It's like...I think that the President should just clean up this whole mess here. You should just flush it right down the ****in' toilet.

Anyone who doesn’t help me online. Guy was supposed to be helping me access my bank accounts online, but, eventually, he gave up. Boy, was I pissed.

I called back & got a super-nice lady. She said she would stay with me until we got this problem resolved & she did. By that time I was in a pissy mood, but she was very calm & she talked me out of my meltdown.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Anyone who doesn’t help me online. Guy was supposed to be helping me access my bank accounts online, but, eventually, he gave up. Boy, was I pissed.

I called back & got a super-nice lady. She said she would stay with me until we got this problem resolved & she did. By that time I was in a pissy mood, but she was very calm & she talked me out of my meltdown.

I had a similar experience with Best Buy recently. Hubby had a problem with his cell phone, (that we bought at Best Buy, and we pay extra every month for the warranty). When we went into the store to talk to Geek Squad about it, they told us that they were "by appointment only" because of Covid "to keep people out of the store". (How did that keep us out of the store when we were standing in the store arguing with them about it? )

They said that the earliest appointment they had available was almost a week away, but we could call Geek Squad, and they would replace it under warranty, but the replacement would cost $150. (What a stupid warranty! )

But Hubby needed his cell phone fixed, so we went home and called Geek Squad. We spoke to someone who explained how the warranty worked, and took all of our information. She sent us an email with a link for the payment, (another stupid idea from them. ), but when we tried to pay the $150, the link didn't work. We tried several times on three different computers, but nothing worked. When we explained the problem to the Geek Squad rep, she hung up on us.

We called Verizon to tell them what happened, and they suggested that we try a place called UBreakIFix.

We found a local UBreakIFix store near here, and they were able to fix the phone for free!

We called Verizon to tell them what happened, and they suggested that we try a place called UBreakIFix.

We found a local UBreakIFix store near here, and they were able to fix the phone for free!
What amazes me is that there is such a place as UBreakIFix & that they actually do what they say they can do. So glad this worked out for you. Nothing worse than phone problems.

I wish Meghan Markle would go away & live a happy life in California. So tired of seeing her in the news & being considered newsworthy because she married a Royal.

Now she’s everywhere telling us she had a miscarriage in the summer. This is tragic, but, enough already.

I wish Meghan Markle would go away & live a happy life in California. So tired of seeing her in the news & being considered newsworthy because she married a Royal.

Now she’s everywhere telling us she had a miscarriage in the summer. This is tragic, but, enough already.
She is a royal is she not officially considered so?

⬆️ I believe they both relinquished their royal titles. Or they were taken away from them.

⬆️ I believe they both relinquished their royal titles. Or they were taken away from them.
Seriously? I didn't know that, are you sure? I thought they had given up some royal duties, but still retained their titles.

Seriously? I didn't know that, are you sure? I thought they had given up some royal duties, but still retained their titles.
They are not allowed to use Her Royal Highness or His Royal Highness. She’s still the Duchess of Sussex & he’s still Prince Harry.

The Queen didn’t want the Highness titles being used to promote themselves & their various endeavors. Either you’re in the British Royal Family or you’re not. Seems reasonable to me.

BTW, they had to repay the £3,000,000 used to refurbish Frogmore Cottage. They were going to live there until they decided they’d rather be Californians.

They are not allowed to use Her Royal Highness or His Royal Highness. She’s still the Duchess of Sussex & he’s still Prince Harry.

The Queen didn’t want the Highness titles being used to promote themselves & their various endeavors. Either you’re in the British Royal Family or you’re not. Seems reasonable to me.

BTW, they had to repay the £3,000,000 used to refurbish Frogmore Castle. They were going to live there until they decided they’d rather be Californians.
Ah I see, thanks. I'm happy to have them here on the west coast

Felt sad just now seeing a dead raccoon on the side of the road. Really sad. There’s a speed bump on my street, but raccoons move slowly & it probably couldn’t get across the street fast enough. Furious at dumb drivers who can’t see an animal in front of them.

Felt sad just now seeing a dead raccoon on the side of the road. Really sad. There’s a speed bump on my street, but raccoons move slowly & it probably couldn’t get across the street fast enough. Furious at dumb drivers who can’t see an animal in front of them.
And the dead raccoon is still on the side of the road. Actually, more like on the sidewalk.

I’ve heard horror stories about the DMV. Is Triple AAA as bad? I don’t drive, but I needed to renew my non-driver’s I.D. Walked there this a.m. in the rain - about a 30 minutes walk. (A DMV visit would require husband driving me to a different town.)

NOWHERE in the DMV renewal notice I received in the mail did it say one needs an appointment. Pissy young girl who was in charge of outside intake told me I must go home & make an appointment online. I told her I was not going anywhere until I got my I.D. renewed. We went back & forth & she told me I would have to wait. Everyone who came after me was also a walk-in so I guess nobody got the memo that one needs an appointment.

Finally made it inside out of the rain & everyone except for the guy who took my photo was rather curt & unfriendly. (I remember they were like this 7 years ago.) A lot of overweight spinsters - one woman was at least 300 LBS. Nobody seemed the least bit interested in their “customers”.

Oh, well, no need to return for 8 years.

Jury Duty. Got the notification this summer but got it pushed back until December. Initially I was a reserve jurists. Great, I call the night before, they don't need me, duty done but I've now been bumped to active and have to report tomorrow morning at 8 am. I served on a jury once before and can't say that I enjoyed it.