Recommend me some pick-me-up, feel-good, comfort food movies

Tools    

Victim of The Night
How have we gotten this far without The Princess Bride being mentioned?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
This is exactly what I'm after, but I've already seen that one. Any thoughts on the Korean remake? I'm kinda averse to it...
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

This is exactly what I'm after, but I've already seen that one. Any thoughts on the Korean remake? I'm kinda averse to it...
Lol, i should have knew it

No, i havent see the korean ver or plan into

Not a foody, have seen Every day a good day?

And yeah, you seems to forget koreeda's going my home all along. So enough with recommendations

Decided to add a short list of my favorites that tick all my requirements and that I love dearly.

Both to illustrate what I'm after and also give something in return for your recs.

Rent-a-Cat (2012)
Little Forest: Summer/Autumn (2014)
Little Forest: Winter/Spring (2014)
There Is No Lid on the Sea (2015)
The Furthest End Awaits (2014)
The Tale of Iya (2013)
Still Walking (2008)
Our Little Sister (2016)
Sleeping Man (1996)
Sweet Bean (2015)
Ponyo (2008)

Probably some more out there I don't have on my mind at the moment.

I think that my "comfort food" film (Hot Fuzz, Kung Fu Hustle, etc) might veer more silly and action-y than you're looking for.

Have you seen Alamar?

I think Predator and They Live are my go-to comfort food films, but I'm not sure if you're looking for action.

I'd also recommend The Music Man, Groundhog Day, The Wizard of Oz, Some Like it Hot, Elf, To Be or Not to Be, and The Shop Around the Corner (not sure if these have already been mentioned, but I'll mention them anyways).

Decided to add a short list of my favorites that tick all my requirements and that I love dearly.

Both to illustrate what I'm after and also give something in return for your recs.

Probably some more out there I don't have on my mind at the moment.
to complicated no more with something you probably already see,

some for consideration :
Kamome Diner
Wood Job!
Tamako in Moratorium
Hana and Alice
One Million Yen Girl
Close-Knit
A Story of Yonosuke
Welcome to the Quiet Room
The Great Passage
Summer Time Machine Blues
Going My Home
Turtles Are Surprisingly Fast Swimmers
The Chef of South Polar
The Mohican Comes Home
The Tokyo Night Sky Is Always the Densest Shade of Blue
A Gentle Breeze in the Village
100 Yen Love
Bunny Drop
Bread of Happiness
Japanimation :
A Letter to Momo
In This Corner of the World
Night Is Short, Walk on Girl

The "foreigner" :
The Farewell
Columbus
Frances Ha
The Last Black Man in San Francisco
The White Balloon

Pauline Kael's Hideous Mutant Love CHUD
Eat Wheaties
Happy Yummy Chicken
Hunt for the Wilderpeople
Looking for Richard
Tremble All You Want
"If it was priggish for an older generation of reviewers to be ashamed of what they enjoyed and to feel they had to be contemptuous of popular entertainment, it's even more priggish for a new movie generation to be so proud of what they enjoy that they use their education to try to place trash within the acceptable academic tradition." -- Pauline Kael

Eat Wheaties
Happy Yummy Chicken
The first two names sound like you made them up! But Hunt for the Wilderpeople ruins that feeling because I'm sure it exists. Thanks for the recs.

Anyway, I've had enough of feel-good films for the time being.

Pauline Kael's Hideous Mutant Love CHUD
The first two names sound like you made them up! But Hunt for the Wilderpeople ruins that feeling because I'm sure it exists. Thanks for the recs.

Anyway, I've had enough of feel-good films for the time being.

You wound me, Mr. Minio.