"Almost" Update

Tools    

We've now officially added Amy Jo Hearron to the cast as Susan Dalton.

Her picture is up on the FilmDallas.com website (she's the same woman who I posted a link to here as my favorite potential Susan).

We're having a table read tomorrow evening (a table read is where all the actors get together and read through the script while sitting at a table - rather than trying to actually walk through the scenes, etc.)

We're still on target to start shooting on August 4th.

What? So who's Jamie? I think the healthy girl on the end looks like a Jaime. And who's Sean? Those guys look too nerdy to get so many girls. What other movies have you made? I can't wait for TTFU. Lol!

Click on the link where it says "Almost Cast" and it breaks down who's who.

Didn't Amy Jo Herron used to play the pink ranger on Mighty Morphin Power rangers?

Different Amy Jo. (I'm just sad that I know that it was Amy Jo Johnson who played the Pink Power Ranger).

Well, we added a Desmond today.

It looks like we've got a complete cast now.

Desmond looks good. They all do. I didn't see that link before.

Even though we didn't have a table, the table read went really well. Everybody seems to have their characters imagined the way I imagined them. I don't think it could've gone any better.

Also, Ryan Brockington is shooting a national commercial today for some wireless company (he told me which one, but that email is on my other computer). So, congrats to him on that. Only a matter of time befire he's a huge star.

ryan, how did you get the money to shoot this movie? What's your budget (if you can say)?

I worked and used some investment income. That's how I got the money. The budget is very small. The actors are working for next to nothing. Our locations are free or near-free. We've had some donated services (like craft services, which can be a cost that adds up quickly), and I've purchased most of the equipment needed (and since I plan to make several features, those costs are amortized over all the projects I use them on).

Cellular One is apparently the national commercial sponsor that Ryan Brockington is shooting for today, by the way.

Brockington has set up his own website at http://www.ryanbrockington.com if anyone is interested in keeping up with the star of "almost" in his non-FilmDallas/Paigetopia roles, etc.

I've posted the pictures of our new Roger Moore on the FilmDallas website now in the cast section. His name is Jeff Hoferer, and he seems like a nice guy even though he couldn't find my apartment the other night for the table read (I think he went the wrong way off of LBJ).

So now we've got pictures of the entire cast up on the website. At least all the speaking roles (well, all but one. Alan the Waiter has a couple of lines, but he doesn't get to have his picture on the website). We have a couple of extras that will be filling out some scenes, but I didn't feel it necessary to post the pictures and names of the extras on the website.

Well, shooting was going to begin on August 4th, but due to continuing disagreements with Ryan Brockington, we're having to push back filming at least a week so that Ryan's replacement can have time to prepare.

Just a difference of working styles. He's a fine person, and I wish him nothing but the best, but our styles just didn't mesh well enough.

Well, we've completed the first day of filming for "Almost". We got the bedroom stuff, Kitchen stuff and bathroom stuff finished. Tomorrow we'll pick up the park stuff and living room stuff.

Everybody did an excellent job. Jeff Hoferer did an extremely good job as Sean, especially when one considers that he had so little time to prepare. Janet was wonderful just like I expected all along. And Gavin (who is playing Roger) really helped out. Today, he was essentially a co-director, and I really appreciated the help. And tomorrow he gets to ad acting to his accomplishments on this picture.

At any rate, I thought it was a lot of fun and it was nice to crank out some of the scenes. It really feels like we're making a movie now.

Whosever idea it was to shoot some of the outdoor scenes in August in Texas needs to have his head examined because it was exceedingly hot yesterday out at the park for the park scenes.

Despite the massive heatwave, we were able to get some very good shots. I'm more impressed with Sunday's work than with Saturday's. I could tell everyone was getting into the groove of their characters.

We didn't get as much shot as we had scheduled, but we were so tired after hanging out in the sun all afternoon that we decided we'd pick the rest up later. We got good coverage for the park scenes.

Amy Jo was wonderful in her first outing as Susan. She really prepared well. Jeff (Sean) did a great job, too, as did Janet (Jamie), of course, and Gavin chipped in an excellent performance as a very good and smarmy Roger. And Nicole did an excellent job as Jamie's friend Judy. She's a heck of an actress and did an extremely great job despite not having the material very long and despite our making her stand outside at the park waiting to shoot her scenes.

I looked at the footage last night, and it looks great to me.

We'er going to pick up the remaining stuff that we had scheduled for this weekend but didn't get one night very soon and then we start on the 25th with the Patrick scenes (we're not shooting this coming weekend because both Jeff Hoferer and I have other things going on that weekend).