the worst movies ever

Tools    

Duplicate Account (locked)
What are movies that in your opinion, are not worth anyone's time? Have Mofoers ever done a "hall of shame" type deal?

It's all of course very subjective, but is nice to be able know with confidence that something is trash before even watching it. There's a lot of crap out there, but over the past couple years there have only been these five i've watched that were absolutely disgraceful IMO:

-Bird Box

-Enemy of The State (sorry, if you're a reg i probably sound like a broken record, but there are a lot of young and impressionable kiddies online and i think it's worthwhile to protect them)

-A Young and Promising Woman

-Halloween II (2009)

-Trust

Now, be nice to each other!

These are movies that for whatever reason I rated
or less.

Brimstone 7/13/19
by Citizen Rules
Brimstone...it's touted as dark and disturbing but to the savvy movie watcher it's so cliche ridden with one dimensional characters that only exist to wield knives and kill, that nothing in the movie seems real.

Benny's Video 9/27/18
by Citizen Rules
But instead the director fills his film with lots of filler shots that don't add a damn thing to the story but felt like padding (singing scenes, shots of the photos done by mom, random shots of the city) all felt like left over film footage and gave the film an overall cheap feeling.

The Stray 8/14/18
by Citizen Rules
This is a PG Christian based film and that's OK with me, I've actually seen a couple good Christian themed films but this one is false advertising and in a big way!

The Beast of Yucca Flats 4/27/18
by Citizen Rules
The Beast of Yucca Flats is so bad that the monster, played by Tor Johnson the Swedish wrestler who made films with Ed Wood, kills his first victim BEFORE he turns into a monster.

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring 2/11/18
by Citizen Rules
A fine film, ruined by animal sadist Kim Ki-Duk. Unfortunately I seen the original version that included the most horrific animal torture scenes, rocks being crammed into the mouths of a fish, frog and a snake.

1941 1/06/18
by Citizen Rules
The movie is loaded with stars from the late 1970s and that's about the only good thing the film has.

Patriots Day 9/19/17
by Citizen Rules
And that's not right, the real bombing incident changed lives forever but the director failed to get any emotional impact out of his scenes, because they look more like a video game, than real life.

Jackie 4/01/17
by Citizen Rules
From a director who's made movies you've probably never heard of, comes Jackie.

Voyage to the Planet of Prehistoric Women 11/16/16
by Citizen Rules
Quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen!...When is a movie not a movie?

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians 11/14/16
by Citizen Rules
Pretty wacky name for the movie, especially as Santa doesn't really conquer the Martians, it's more like he's extra nice to them.

The Cannonball Run 9/26/16
by Citizen Rules
If you want a mind numbing movie about racing, that has the slowest/worst racing scenes in a race car movie, then here you go.

The Four Feathers 6/28/16
by Citizen Rules
I haven't watched the three silent film versions, but I've seen all four of the 'talkie' versions of The Four Feathers...And this one is a sorry excuse and a waste of a great story.

Magician: The Astonishing Life and Work of Orson Welles 5/09/16
by Citizen Rules
A documentary, brief retrospective montage look at the life and work of the great theater, radio and film artist...Orson Welles. With an avatar like mine, you would guess that I loved this, you guessed wrong!

Come and See 5/07/16
by Citizen Rules
The German soldiers in the film are full of race hatred...and that's when it occurred to me, that the very thing this film seeks to show, is itself guilty of!

Betsy's Wedding 1/16/16
by Citizen Rules
The film starts with a silly tiger fight scene that turns out to be a dream, this is done several times during the film and adds nothing to the already disembodied film.

Diana 1/30/15
by Citizen Rules
Obviously they were able to get Naomi's makeup right for a couple scenes, so why couldn't they do that for the entire movie?

Magic in the Moonlight 1/03/15
by Citizen Rules
The shocked look on Emma Stone's face pretty much sums up how I feel about this movie.

"Slapstick: Of Another Kind" - a brilliant Kurt Vonnegut novel completely trashed.
"The Day After Tomorrow" - A two hour global warming ad with enough stereotypical chutzpah to fill The Big House in Ann Arbor.

There are ohers, but these two spring to mind.

The primary challenge, I think, is not so much finding terrible films but establishing criteria, because otherwise you can just pick any awful Z-level production or student film or whatever. The question is most interesting when you require films that had a moderately wide theatrical release or X number of votes on IMDB or whatever, I think.

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring 2/11/18
by Citizen Rules
A fine film, ruined by animal sadist Kim Ki-Duk. Unfortunately I seen the original version that included the most horrific animal torture scenes, rocks being crammed into the mouths of a fish, frog and a snake.
i was pretty upset to learn that "Cannibal Holocaust" also involved harming real animals, probably the most egregious thing you can do IMO with your power as a film maker. Pretend to harm humans all you want, but christ don't **** with already disappearing non-humans. It's rude.

The primary challenge, I think, is not so much finding terrible films but establishing criteria, because otherwise you can just pick any awful Z-level production or student film or whatever. The question is most interesting when you require films that had a moderately wide theatrical release or X number of votes on IMDB or whatever, I think.
it's all completely subjective but yeah i don't think it makes any sense to pick on things that are already under-funded. It's already screwed basically because hardly anyone will watch it. However, nobody has to respect any movie in my book, to me it's just important to be as nice as possible to people who attempt to do art, IMO that means being brutally honest as well with respecting the effort itself.

i was pretty upset to learn that "Cannibal Holocaust" also involved harming real animals, probably the most egregious thing you can do IMO with your power as a film maker. Pretend to harm humans all you want, but christ don't **** with already disappearing non-humans. It's rude.
Yup!

it's all completely subjective but yeah i don't think it makes any sense to pick on things that are already under-funded. It's already screwed basically because hardly anyone will watch it. However, nobody has to respect any movie in my book, to me it's just important to be as nice as possible to people who attempt to do art, IMO that means being brutally honest as well with respecting the effort itself.
I like that bolded part, nobody here at MoFo has made a mainstream movie that we have likely seen, so hating on a movie shouldn't hurt anyone. But yes, be nice to each other I see this as a fun thread.

But you guys can feel free tell me I'm nuts for my 1 star review links I just posted I don't mind!

I like that bolded part, nobody here at MoFo has made a mainstream movie that we have likely seen, so hating on a movie shouldn't hurt anyone. But yes, be nice to each other I see this as a fun thread.

But you guys can feel free tell me I'm nuts for my 1 star review links I just posted I don't mind!
i'm taking back Cringe from what Twitter has made it

These are the worst films I have ever seen: (in alphabetical order)

American Orpheus (1992)
Bad News Bears (2005)
Candy (1968)
Chairman of the Board (1998)
Halloween: Resurrection (2002)
The Kinky Coaches and the Pom Pom Pussycats (1981)
The Guatemalan Handshake (2006)
The Lobster (2015)
Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966)
Themroc (1973)

What are movies that in your opinion, are not worth anyone's time? Have Mofoers ever done a "hall of shame" type deal?

It's all of course very subjective, but is nice to be able know with confidence that something is trash before even watching it. There's a lot of crap out there, but over the past couple years there have only been these five i've watched that were absolutely disgraceful IMO:

-Bird Box

-Enemy of The State (sorry, if you're a reg i probably sound like a broken record, but there are a lot of young and impressionable kiddies online and i think it's worthwhile to protect them)

-A Young and Promising Woman

-Halloween II (2009)

-Trust

Now, be nice to each other!
Apparently, I am the biggest scorer in the enclosed thread with 422 movies I’ve bailed out of. So, take your pick from there.

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ead.php?t=7442

[Come and See 5/07/16
by Citizen Rules
The German soldiers in the film are full of race hatred...and that's when it occurred to me, that the very thing this film seeks to show, is itself guilty of!
Tell me you haven’t read a history book about the Nazi death squads without telling me you haven’t read a history book about the Nazi death squads.

Tell me you haven’t read a history book about the Nazi death squads without telling me you haven’t read a history book about the Nazi death squads.
I haven't read a history book about Nazi death squads...though I do know about the Soviet war crimes and their love of state sponsored propaganda.

I haven't read a history book about Nazi death squads...
Could’ve stopped there. Or before you even started. Go learn about Nazi atrocities before you start acting as an apologist for them.

Hercules (Lou Ferrigno)
Black Mask
The Crow
Ghosts of Mars

There are so many terrible movies.

Could’ve stopped there. Or before you even started. Go learn about Nazi atrocities before you start acting as an apologist for them.
You're making sh** up that I didn't say... I didn't apologizes for any of them, I said the film Come and See was propaganda as it painted the Nazis as unbelievable. Go read my full review.

I didn't apologizes for any of them, I said the film Come and See was propaganda as it painted the Nazis as unbelievable. Go read my full review.
I don’t need to read the full review because of statements like this. As nightmarish as the images of Come and See are, they are tame compared to reality. When you call depictions of their atrocities “racist” and “unbelievable,” you’re diminishing the gravity of what occurred and it’s no different than being an apologist.

I don’t need to read the full review because of statements like this. As nightmarish as the images of Come and See are, they are tame compared to reality. When you call depictions of their atrocities “racist” and “unbelievable,” you’re diminishing the gravity of what occurred and it’s no different than being an apologist.
Go read my full review or you ain't got no ground to stand on.