Feud

Tools    

Perhaps Judy is not as easy going as she was when first starting out in OZ. Decades in Tinseltown can do that I suspect...Can not be easy working with people who think you are being deliberately disruptive when all you want is perfection in your performance. Bette was the same. Often had heated arguments with her directors. Is Judy still based in America? I have not been keeping up with her private life.

You are a bit of a nite owl CiCi. Your last post was after 2am in UK.
There has been another suspected toxic agent poisoning over there I am reading.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I'm more of an insomniac

And Judy has always lived in Australia as far as I'm aware. I think I read on her IMDb that she's never owned a property in the states.

I'm more of an insomniac

And Judy has always lived in Australia as far as I'm aware. I think I read on her IMDb that she's never owned a property in the states.
You sure are an insomniac. How is your brain still working at this hour? I too have suffered insomnia. It can be a curse.. no mistake

She has been married to actor and fellow NIDA graduate Colin Friels since 1984. They have two children, a son and a daughter.[6] The relationship was briefly in the media when an argument led to a court order against Friels – however, they remained together at that time. They live in the Sydney area of Birchgrove, NSW.[7]

You are spot on. She must have abandoned Tinseltown some time ago.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
@CiCi. That and her feud with David Lean had me a bit wary of what she might be like in person. I have not heard of that. Please fill me in. Yes Judy is the grandmother of the Australian film industry and I can well understand she inspires our younger acting lites over in Tinseltown. I respect many Brit thespians.. The Richardsons.. and Redgraves what acting dynasties. Vanessa still treading the boards at 80.
They clashed a lot on the set of A Passage to India. My understanding of it was that Lean was in frail health and would lash out at people in frustration, but Davis gave as good as she got and would argue with him. She didn't like the experience whatsoever from what I gather, I wouldn't be shocked if it's one of the reasons she firmly stays put in the Australian industry.

hugh grant said of her after being on set together during Impromptu, 'oh yes shes very feisty'

Perhaps Judy is not as easy going as she was when first starting out in OZ. Decades in Tinseltown can do that I suspect...Can not be easy working with people who think you are being deliberately disruptive when all you want is perfection in your performance. Bette was the same. Often had heated arguments with her directors. Is Judy still based in America? I have not been keeping up with her private life.
I've never heard anything specific, but just from watching her work, it would not surprise me if Judy Davis was difficult to work with.

You sure are an insomniac. How is your brain still working at this hour? I too have suffered insomnia. It can be a curse.. no mistake
Count me in as a sufferer of insomnia. Rarely sleep more than 2 hours a night.

Count me in as a sufferer of insomnia. Rarely sleep more than 2 hours a night.
Really. How do you function on two hrs sleep? I used to remain awake until first lite. That was before I was forced to have a UPP operation to cure my acute Sleep Apnea. These days I take a mild sedative if I can not sleep normally. Suggest you do the same. If taken in moderation they are not addictive. Perhaps this convo should be on Health thread.

How do I function? I go to work and drink a LOT of coffee.
Well yes you have to function.. but going without sleep is not healthy. Drinking copious amounts of coffee (caffeine) is also not overly healthy. Try a mild sedative. I use Alepam a derititive of Temazepam (prescription). Half a tab nitely is all you need for a good six hours sleep.