Alien: Covenant footage was screened. Results are in...

Tools    

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Yeah, it's like the writer has come to the science fiction genre completely fresh, with hardly any useful research, and has no awareness of the kind of shorthand that is available.
I have a real hard time suspending disbelieve when faced with simple common sense shortcomings.

This also reminds me of something that Ridley Scott said years ago. He was explaining his thoughts on the Space Jockeys (as they were then) and why the one in Alien was carrying the eggs, and said "They're not from Mars so they're not gods of war". So it was as if any alien race that came from Mars would have to be warlike because of how we named the planet .

It sounds very naïve but I think it's more to do with Scott coming with a perspective of early science fiction where aliens were couched in the familiar. Obviously The War of the Worlds gave us that link with bellicose aliens and Mars and that continued on with Flash Gordon, Invaders from Mars and in more recent times with the Ice Warriors in Doctor Who – there may be more examples still but I can't recall them.

Actually, Scott's thoughts in the early stages of Legend about Jack were similarly quaint – I mean that in a nice way, a creative way. Initially he was thinking that being of the forest, Jack could be green.

In the Alien commentary, Ridley also said that the Space Jockey was a fossilised creature that was fused to its chair, not a creature in a space suit...
I don't remember him saying that but Dallas also says it in the film as they're examining the carcass. I think it's "He's grown onto the chair".

Yeah during the commentary Ridley says it's a creature fossilised and fused to the chair.

He never says anything about it being a creature in a suit.

If you look at the creature as well, under the long nose part, is a mouth with teeth inside it.
It's not a suit... it's an actual creature.

Yeah during the commentary Ridley says it's a creature fossilised and fused to the chair.

He never says anything about it being a creature in a suit.

If you look at the creature as well, under the long nose part, is a mouth with teeth inside it.
It's not a suit... it's an actual creature.
Yeah, it was definitely believable as a living creature. I like the retcon though, I think the Engineers are a great creation.

I was watching the commentary last night tbh. Coincidence

You know how the ship was designed?

Scott was looking through Giger's Necronomicon for ideas on the ship... and he spotted a Croissant shaped thing that was like a musical instrument in the patterned design on the outside.

He said "kinda like this would be good" and the production team basically just took the design directly from the book, and that was that.

They changed nothing about it... the croissant shaped musical instrument in the book, was lifted directly from the book and used

I was watching the commentary last night tbh. Coincidence
No, it was ordained .

You know how the ship was designed?

Scott was looking through Giger's Necronomicon for ideas on the ship... and he spotted a Croissant shaped thing that was like a musical instrument in the patterned design on the outside.

He said "kinda like this would be good" and the production team basically just took the design directly from the book, and that was that.

They changed nothing about it... the croissant shaped musical instrument in the book, was lifted directly from the book and used
Yeah, they had a lot to play with. Was it his first commentary – the one where he's on his own? I like that one the best.

Yeah just Scott by himself.

You can here him sparking up cigars all the time as well
Yeah, it's excellent. The only thing that is a bit of a shame with the current extras and commentaries is that you don't get anything from Yaphet Kotto or Ian Holm. Holm does mention filming a little bit in his autobiography though.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Pretty bleak but stunning

Pretty bleak but stunning

It's said that the Queen may be making an appearance. That's supposedly her head in the background.

Good old BD. Always delivers in the interesting theories department.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I would hang that on my wall. I love it

http://bit.ly/2mXq0vt
new poster is both frightening and beautiful

Korinaz Kay is Here!
Hi guys!!! Here's some interesting FACTS on Alien: Covenant. I hope you like it. Tell me what you think

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Why don't you post this in the Covenant thread?
He's learning....

Suspect's Reviews

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Whenever there is an option between an article or video, I choose article. There wasn't a choice here so I didn't receive the information.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Ridley Scott [during Alien]: "It's the fossilized carcass of a creature that is fused with the chair he is sitting on, as though he outgrown from it" [talking about the Space Jockey]

jump to Prometheus:

Ridley Scott: "I always saw it as a a guy on a space suit"

Ridley Scott on doing Alien movies:

Ridley Scott: "I will never do another film with the Dragon [alien]. That thing is done."

1 year later:

Ridley Scott: "this film will totally have the Dragon in it"

Bless you Scott, you are truly a man of your word.