1990-2000 and over

Tools    

I saw a little bit of a movie, it was made after 1990 but probably in the 2000's.
A man had somebody hostage, he took him out somewhere (I think it was a quarry but I'm not sure).
He told him to run, when he started to run he shot at him with either a sniper or a turret on the back of a truck.
Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Can't post links, but if I remember correctly there's a scene very similar to that in "The Jackal (1997)".
The only difference is that I don't think the person he was shooting at was a hostage.

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
Defiantly sounds like The Jackal, where Bruce Willis shoots off Jack Blacks arm with a prototype cannon/sniper gun.

Their assumption was that Jerry was already dead when I arrived, and I just nodded my head. What else could I tell them? "He had to do it, Officer, or else he would’ve turned into a worm-monster and been very unhappy."

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
Looks right - marking as answered. Thanks guys!

Thanks a lot guys