$30 Million in 30 Days?

Tools    

MovieForums Extra
We had a $30 million Lotto draw yesterday in Australia which reminded me of a movie I saw a while back. It was about a guy who gets a proposition out of the blue to either get a cheque for $1 million straight away, or if he can spend $30 million in 30 days with nothing to show for it except the clothes on his back, he gets to inherit $300 million... has anyone seen it? I forgot what it was called, but I remember it was really funny

The Richard Pryor version was actually a remake, there is an older version starring someone else who I don't know.

The Greatness of John Candy was also in the Pryor version (as was the Not-So-Great Stephen Collins from Seventh Heaven and the first Star Trek movie).

MovieForums Extra

YES, THAT'S RIGHT!!!

It was a great movie, I don't think I would be able to spend all that money in 30 days!! And the postage stamp gig is a classic, take it from a stamp collector

Yeah, that's it, Brewster's Millions.

SPOILER

A nice film - he runs an election campaign telling everyone not to vote for anyone. It made me think how I would spend the money. I don't see why he didn't just buy stamps totalling $30 million dollars though. Although it would have made the film quite short...

MovieForums Extra

He couldn't have anything to show for it, just the clothes on his back But the fact that he mailed the rarest and most valuable stamp on earth (making it about as valuable as a MacDonld's wrapper) is hilarious

Didn't see it.
LOL!

There were three versions of Brewster's Millions:

I would have never guessed that one.

"Brewster's Millions" I believe, starring Richard Pryor. Only seen a little bit of it.
I like BREWSTER'S MILLIONS...one of my favorite Pryor performances...John Candy was great too and with them both gone, it is a little harder to watch than it used to be.