GBGoodies 2015 Movie Logbook

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I guess Where Love Has Gone made such a little impression on me that I had forgot I watched it, until you mentioned being based on Lana Turner. Do you know in real life Lana Turner's defense was that her mothers boyfriend ran into the knife, killing himself. She got off to.

BTW, I took your advice and just requested Topkapi. It looks like a fun movie, I like movies from the 60s because I was a little kid then, too little to remember what the 60s were like.

I read up a little bit about the Lana Turner case after I watched the movie, so I knew that her daughter wasn't convicted. Apparently the boyfriend was a gangster, and he had a violent reputation, so I guess it wasn't too hard to convince a jury that she was defending her mother from him.

I think you'll like Topkapi. It's a very good movie with an excellent cast.

He sounded like a real abuser, so I didn't feel too sorry for him. Lana was like 15? I think when that happened, that must have been hard on her. Like many actresses she had a pretty tough life and becoming famous didn't seem to make her any more happy.

I already sent in my list for 1964 but I'm glad to read you movie log as I can find some gems here.

He sounded like a real abuser, so I didn't feel too sorry for him. Lana was like 15? I think when that happened, that must have been hard on her. Like many actresses she had a pretty tough life and becoming famous didn't seem to make her any more happy.

I already sent in my list for 1964 but I'm glad to read you movie log as I can find some gems here.

Lana Turner's boyfriend was killed in 1958. She was born in 1921, and her daughter was born in 1943, so you probably meant that her daughter was only 15 at the time of the killing.

Roustabout (1964) - I'm still making good use of the extended deadline for the 1964 list, so I watched a few Elvis Presley movies. In Roustabout, Elvis Presley goes to work as a singer at a carnival. He likes the daughter of the owner of the carnival, but her father doesn't like him, and that causes some problems for him.

The movie is okay, but not great, but most of the songs are great. If you like Elvis Presley, it's worth seeing this movie just for the music.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Roustabout-1964.jpg
Views:	1768
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	19155  

Kissin' Cousins (1964) - In Kissin' Cousins, Elvis is an Army officer who returns to the Great Smoky Mountains to convince his kinfolk to allow the Army to build a missile site on their land. He meets his cousins, two beautiful girls, and one guy who looks almost identical to him, with the exception of his strawberry blond hair.

This was my least favorite of the Elvis movies that I watched. For one thing, Elvis looks ridiculous with blond hair, and for another thing, the idea of his cousins trying to win his affections just felt wrong. Plus, the songs were okay, but no real standout songs from this movie. (However Elvis had such an amazing voice that he could sing the phone book, and I would still listen to him sing. )

Attachments

Name:	Kissin Cousins-1964.jpg
Views:	1472
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	19156  

Viva Las Vegas (1964) - Elvis goes to Las Vegas to race in the Grand Prix, but he needs money to fix his car. He tries to win the money in a talent competition, competing against the hotel's swimming instructor, played by Ann-Margret. Throw in a rival driver who's competing for the same girl's affections, and this becomes a pretty good movie.

This was my favorite of the Elvis movies that I watched, probably because of the wonderful chemistry between Elvis and Ann-Margret. It also has some of the best songs.

Attachments

Name:	Viva-Las-Vegas-1964.jpg
Views:	1537
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	19157  

I like Elvis movies. The Kissin Cousins sound so wacky it might be fun. I think I seen the other two. In Viva Las Vegas was there much race car driving shown?

There was some race car driving shown in Viva Las Vegas, but not a lot. It's more about the relationship between Elvis and Ann-Margret.

I've never been a big fan of Elvis Presley as an actor, but as a singer, I absolutely love his voice, so no matter how good or bad the movie is, I can always just sit back and enjoy the music.

I'm so bad with my memory, but I just looked that up and yuppers I liked that one.

I never seen this Ann-Marget movie, but what a title

It's probably not as good as it sounds.

I'm so bad with my memory, but I just looked that up and yuppers I liked that one.

I never seen this Ann-Marget movie, but what a title

It's probably not as good as it sounds.

The picture didn't show up, but I used Google to see it. I've never even heard of Kitten with a Whip.

I don't think I've seen a lot of her movies, but I remember her character on "The Flintstones".

I use to watch The Flintstones all the time. Was she known as Ann-Marget or something similar but funny, like Cary Granite.

Yeah, I think her name was Ann Margrock, and she sang a bedtime lullaby to Pebbles.

I think that was it! You know your 60s cartoons.

Are you watching any more 1964 movies for the vote?.

I'm currently watching a mini series....Titanic: Blood and Steel (2012)

I think that was it! You know your 60s cartoons.

Are you watching any more 1964 movies for the vote?.

I'm currently watching a mini series....Titanic: Blood and Steel (2012)

The last 1964 movie that I'm going to watch is The Moon Spinners. I still have The Train and Invitation to a Gunfight on my 1964 watchlist, but I'll just hold off until I see if either (or both) of them make the top ten MoFo list.

Oh good. I just watched The Moon Spinners too. I don't know if I reviewed it or if I was just thinking I should. I look forward to reading your thoughts on it. Have a good night!