GBGoodies 2015 Movie Logbook

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

As many of you have done, I'm going to try to keep a record of every movie that I watch this year. I don't know if I'll be able to watch at least one movie every day, so I'm not calling this a "daily" logbook. It's just a record of all the movies that I watch this year.

Feel free to comment, and to recommend movies, but please don't recommend random movies. Try to recommend movies that you think I'll like, based on the movies that I watch and like. (I can tell you in advance that I'm not into horror movies, arthouse films, and most non-English language movies.)

My 2015 Movie Logbook:
January 2015 Movies (Scroll Down)
February 2015 Movies
March 2015 Movies
April 2015 Movies
May 2015 Movies
June 2015 Movies
July 2015 Movies
August 2015 Movies
September 2015 Movies

January 2015 Movies
1) Jan 1st: Gone Girl (2014)
2) Jan 1st: Nightcrawler (2014)
3) Jan 2nd: Strait-Jacket (1964)
4) Jan 2nd: Where Love Has Gone (1964)
5) Jan 2nd: Topkapi (1964)
6) Jan 2nd: And Then There Were None (1945)
7) Jan 3rd: Roustabout (1964)
8) Jan 3rd: Kissin' Cousins (1964)
9) Jan 3rd: Viva Las Vegas (1964)
10) Jan 4th: The Moon-Spinners (1964)
11) Jan 4th: Wolf Children (2012)
12) Jan 4th: The Chumscrubber (2005)
13) Jan 5th: The Art of Love (1965)
14) Jan 5th: Double Indemnity (1944)
15) Jan 5th: In a Lonely Place (1950)
16) Jan 6th: Laura (1944)
17) Jan 6th: Out of the Past (1947)
18) Jan 6th: Against All Odds (1984)
19) Jan 7th: Onibaba (1964)
20) Jan 7th: Zulu (1964)
21) Jan 8th: Pickup on South Street (1953)
22) Jan 8th: Shadow of a Doubt (1943)
23) Jan 9th: I Start Counting (1970)
24) Jan 9th: The Dish (2000)
25) Jan 9th: The World's Fastest Indian (2005)
26) Jan 10th: Do Not Disturb (1965)
27) Jan 10th: Sunday in New York (1963)
28) Jan 11th: Sunset Blvd. (1950)
29) Jan 12th: The Lady from Shanghai (1947)
30) Jan 12th: The Big Combo (1955)
31) Jan 13th: The Gazebo (1959)
32) Jan 13th: Happy New Year (1987)
33) Jan 13th: Dr. Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine (1965)
34) Jan 14th: The Third Man (1949)
35) Jan 14th: The Wrong Man (1956)
36) Jan 15th: Sweet Smell of Success (1957)
37) Jan 15th: The Set-Up (1949)
38) Jan 15th: The Tunnel of Love (1958)
39) Jan 16th: How to Murder Your Wife (1965)
40) Jan 16th: That Funny Feeling (1965)
41) Jan 17th: Blindfold (1965)
42) Jan 17th: The Knack...And How to Get It (1965)
43) Jan 18th: Crack in the World (1965)
44) Jan 18th: The Bedford Incident (1965)
45) Jan 19th: A Very Special Favor (1965)
46) Jan 19th: Dear Brigitte (1965)
47) Jan 20th: Baby the Rain Must Fall (1965)
48) Jan 20th: Bunny Lake is Missing (1965)
49) Jan 21st: Mickey One (1965)
50) Jan 21st: Inside Daisy Clover (1965)
51) Jan 22nd: What's New Pussycat? (1965)
52) Jan 22nd: Zebra in the Kitchen (1965)
53) Jan 23rd: The Imitation Game (2014)
54) Jan 23rd: Whiplash (2014)
55) Jan 24th: Birdman (2014)
56) Jan 24th: The Theory of Everything (2014)
57) Jan 25th: Boyhood (2014)
58) Jan 25th: The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014)
59) Jan 26th: I'll Take Sweden (1965)
60) Jan 26th: Seems Like Old Times (1980)
61) Jan 27th: The Spy Who Came in from the Cold (1965)
62) Jan 27th: Boeing, Boeing (1965)
63) Jan 28th: American Sniper (2014)
64) Jan 28th: I Saw What You Did (1965)
65) Jan 29th: Up (2009)
66) Jan 29th: Brainstorm (1965)
67) Jan 30th: That Darn Cat! (1965)
68) Jan 30th: Ten Little Indians (1965)
69) Jan 31st: The 2nd Best Secret Agent in the Whole Wide World aka Licensed to Kill (1965)
70) Jan 31st: The Glass Bottom Boat (1966)
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	MoFoBanner2.jpg
Views:	3773
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	19138  

Glad a bunch of you are starting these, I will enjoy reading them. I would start one but I am going to try and write more reviews in my thread this year. I will continue posting in the Rate The Last Movie thread.

Wow! You must have read my mind, I was just about to suggest on your Birthday thread that you make a home thread so I can pop in and say hi...and you did!....Great Idea too. I will Tools and Subscribe to it.

Jan 1st:

Gone Girl (2014) - I watched this movie because of all the hype, and the great reviews, and overall it's a very good movie, but it's riddled with plot holes, and I hated the ending.

Nightcrawler (2014) - This is another movie that I watched because of all the hype. It's also a good movie, but it's also suffering from some plot holes. Without giving out any spoilers, I kind of have mixed feelings about the ending of this movie.

Attachments

Name:	Gone Girl.jpg
Views:	3629
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	19134   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nightcrawler.jpg
Views:	3654
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	19135  

Good start to the thread Goodies. I like both a bit more than you but can understand where you are coming from with the plot holes. Both take some suspension of disbelief.

Those first two movies are ones I'm very much looking forward to. Your ratings actually give me hope as I know they're darker than what you normally prefer. I would recommend Wolf Children for you; I watched it today and it was beautiful. Do you have any idea how many movies you watched in 2014? It seemed like you watched an awful lot.

Those first two movies are ones I'm very much looking forward to. Your ratings actually give me hope as I know they're darker than what you normally prefer. I would recommend Wolf Children for you; I watched it today and it was beautiful. Do you have any idea how many movies you watched in 2014? It seemed like you watched an awful lot.

One of the reasons that I decided to start this thread is because I have no idea how many movies I watched last year. I saw everyone else posting their numbers, but I wouldn't even know where to start with my calculations.

I work on the computer most of the night, and I usually have movies on while I'm working, so I've been known to watch as few as 1 or as many as 4 movies overnight, but I don't know how many days I've missed, (if any).

Prior to joining this forum, many of my movies were re-watches of my favorite movies that I've seen many times before, but since I joined here, I've watched a lot more movies that were first-time watches. So how many movies I've watched would also depend on whether or not re-watches count in the total number of movies watched.

Also, I will look for Wolf Children. You seem to be a pretty good judge of my movie tastes, so I'll give it a try.

Good start to the thread Goodies. I like both a bit more than you but can understand where you are coming from with the plot holes. Both take some suspension of disbelief.

I rarely have a problem with suspension of disbelief, but the plot holes in these movies were just too big to ignore. However both movies have great storylines, and they're "edge of your seat" movies that hold your attention from start to finish, so I would recommend them both. Just don't expect them to be perfect movies.

I wish I would have kept a log back when I first really get into movie some 12-14 years ago. I can't even remember what I watched last week. BTW are you hosting your photo images? I need a good and easy photo hosting site.

I wish I would have kept a log back when I first really get into movie some 12-14 years ago. I can't even remember what I watched last week. BTW are you hosting your photo images? I need a good and easy photo hosting site.

Usually I just use the link that I find through Google, but for these first two movie poster images, I used the "Manage Attachments" option on the posting page here at MoFo.

wanabe movie critique
You are my source of inspiration

Strait-Jacket (1964) - I watched this movie for the 1964 movies list. It's not really my type of movie, but I wanted to see it because it was written by Robert Bloch, who wrote the novel "Psycho", as well as several episodes of the original "Star Trek" series.

It's a thriller starring Joan Crawford as an axe-murderer who gets released from a psychiatric hospital after 20 years for killing her husband and his mistress. The killings were witnessed by her young daughter, who's seems happy to welcome her mother back home. Then the killings start again. The movie is kind of predictable, so you probably know where it's going from here, but I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't figured it out. It has a few shocking moments, but overall, it's not a very good movie.

Attachments

Name:	Strait-Jacket-1964.jpg
Views:	3661
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	19139  

These kind of threads are fun to follow, so it's cool to see so many people taking on the challenge this year.

Even though I haven't interacted with you a ton, GBG, I've always enjoyed reading your little write-ups in the Rate the Last Movie You Saw thread, despite our drastically different taste in movies. I'll be following your thread.

. . . Unless you beat me for Best New Mofo, that is -- in which case I'll be posting a gazillion pictures of big scary spiders in every thread.

Where Love Has Gone (1964) - This is another movie that I watched for the 1964 list, but I (partially) wanted to see it because I knew that DeForest Kelley was in it. (For those of you who don't recognize the name, he played Dr. McCoy in the original "Star Trek" series.) It wasn't worth watching for him because he has a fairly small role in the movie.

This is a drama about a teenage girl who kills her mother's boyfriend, but much of the movie is a flashback about the girl's parents, and not about the daughter. The first half of the movie is pretty boring, but the movie picks up in the last half when they get back to the issues with the daughter, and what's going to happen to her. The movie has some interesting scenes with a twist at the end, but overall it's not a very good movie, and it has no real standout performances.

Attachments

Name:	Where-Love-Has-Gone-1964.jpg
Views:	4776
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	19140  

I think we have pretty different taste too, but I'm interested to see what you'll watch. Too bad Straight-Jacket didn't turn out, the premise sounds interesting.

I think we have pretty different taste too, but I'm interested to see what you'll watch. Too bad Straight-Jacket didn't turn out, the premise sounds interesting.

I knew going into it that it wasn't my kind of movie because I don't like horror, but being from the 60s, I figured that it would be more of a thriller than a slasher movie. It's not very graphic, (regardless of what the movie poster tries to make you think), so that wasn't the problem for me. The problem was that it's just not a very good movie. It's mostly boring and predictable, and not much of a thriller at all.

That's too bad. Hmm, if you want a 60's rec check out I Start Counting. It's an absolutely adorable film with just a hint of darkness. Well it's mostly adorable because Jenny Agutter is an adorable 16 year old and it's a character driven film focusing on her. It should be on youtube, but it's a pretty obscure film. I haven't been able to find it anywhere else.

That's too bad. Hmm, if you want a 60's rec check out I Start Counting. It's an absolutely adorable film with just a hint of darkness. Well it's mostly adorable because Jenny Agutter is an adorable 16 year old and it's a character driven film focusing on her. It should be on youtube, but it's a pretty obscure film. I haven't been able to find it anywhere else.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm not familiar with Jenny Agutter, but I read the description on IMDB, and it sounds like an interesting thriller. I'll give it a try.