Rank The Indiana Jones Movies

Tools    

Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull - Do we have to acknowledge this movie as part of the Indy franchise? Seriously?

I do. I honestly think it fits in fine. The thing that made it better for me was viewing it alongside the original three.

To my shame, I have not seen any of them. I bought the original three at a yard sale not long ago, but haven't watched them yet because I have a lot of other movies in my collection to get to first. They also had the fourth one at this yard sale, but after all the negative things I heard about it I decided not to get it.

The King of Couch Potatoes
I love the Indiana Jones franchise. Raiders is most definitely in my top 5 movies of all-time.

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
2. Temple of Doom
3. The Last Crusade
4. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Don't take my putting Crystal Skull at the end as that meaning I'm one of those that hate the movie. I don't. In fact, I think people whine too much about it and I feel it's a perfectly fine addition to the franchise. Sure it's not as great as the others in the franchise, but that says more about the previous installments being so awesome as opposed to Crystal Skull sucking.

I definitely agree about Crystal Skull. I think all four movies are special in their own way and each has something great about them. I think time has been very kind to KOTCS as my opinion on the movie pretty much completely 360ed with repeat views and viewing it alongside the original three.

Speaking of KOTCS, I just realized now is the fifth anniversary of it. Hard to believe it's been that long already.

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark - Easily the best
2. The Last Crusade
3. Temple of Doom
4. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - Seen it once, cant remember it so cant be any good.

Speaking of KOTCS, I just realized now is the fifth anniversary of it. Hard to believe it's been that long already.

It also dawned on me that next year will be both the 30th anniversary for TOD and 25th for TLC. Hard to believe these movies are that old already, they seem eternal.

Wow I'm surprised how many would have temple of doom first! I agree. Maybe because I Was 9 years old when it came out and it was the coolest thing in the world at that time.

I would've loved to have seen TOD in theaters back then and the entire original trilogy for that matter. I would've gone to the theatrical marathon they had last year of all four but my city didn't get any, unfortunately.

I would've loved to have seen TOD in theaters back then and the entire original trilogy for that matter. I would've gone to the theatrical marathon they had last year of all four but my city didn't get any, unfortunately.

This actually reminds me looking back, I remember back in 2008 there was a theater not far from me that had a retro screening of ROTLA. Unfortunately I missed it because it was after the fact I found out Perhaps another time.

I've come to a tree in the road. Kingdom of a Crystal Skull and Last Crusade fight for last position then in first is Raiders of the Lost Ark and in second we have Temple Of Doom.

But all-in-all Indiana Jones is a legend and people will be arguing the ranking of these few movies for years to come.

I've come to a tree in the road. Kingdom of a Crystal Skull and Last Crusade fight for last position then in first is Raiders of the Lost Ark and in second we have Temple Of Doom.

But all-in-all Indiana Jones is a legend and people will be arguing the ranking of these few movies for years to come.

I think the series is one that definitely holds up remarkably well all this time later and is still immensely entertaining.

After watching the saga again recently I may rank TLC above KOTCS, now. The two movies are always very close for me, but I kinda enjoyed The Last Crusade a tad more than the latter this time. Both are extremely close for third and fourth place for me.

On-topic, I just remembered the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland, anyone ever been? I've rode it a few times, great fun. Definitely captures the feeling of being in an Indy movie.

The Last Crusade
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Temple of Doom............
.........Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

1: Last Crusade
2: Temple of Doom
3: Lost Ark
4: That god awfull alien Indiana Jones movie. (I mean come on! Alien's! In a Indiana JONES movie)