"Fun" Movies

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I was just wondering what people consider as "fun" movies. My definition for these types of movies is movies that you enjoy watching, even though you know that they aren't necessarily the best movies ever, or even good movies so to say. You can use my list as an example:

1. Jumper
2. Lucky You
3. Hancock (got me thinking about this thread)
4. Out of Time
5. Click

I haven't seen Lucky you.
But besides Out of Time, I didn't enjoy any of those, especially Click & Jumper.

Out of Time was a fun & entertaining film. Hancock could have been a great film, it had a concept which needed more work... & they went ahead marketing the film as a Romantic Comedy...

So out of those 5, I found only Out of Time to be fun.

I'm figuring that movies in this category aren't necessarily going to be very well liked by others. As I said, these aren't necessarily highly hyped films and aren't usually considered very good films either. Just ones that you enjoy watching all the time.

By that definition one may consider a fun movie any movie that may as well be a book but you're lucky enough to have it read for you in front of your face...so something like The End, About A Boy...

Either way I pick Pootie Tang

Schindler's List

wow, that one's got a really low average on IMDB.

One of my favorite "fun" movies is Jumper which is sitting at I believe about a 5.5 on IMDB.

Here are mine:

Enter The Dragon
Ghostbusters
Terminator 2
Fight Club
Catch me if you can
Jaws
They Live
Dogma
Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back
Wargames
From Dusk Till Dawn
Assassination of a High School President
Robin Hood: Men in Tights

They Live is more than fun for me. As a film it both fails utterly and succeeds spectacularly at times. Some of those sunglass scenes are really cool. Nevertheless, it's a very "smart" film and has a lot of deeper meanings.

Fun movies to me are ones that can make you smile throughout and even after the movie is over.

The Princess Bride
RV
Doc Hollywood
There's Something About Mary
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Nine Months
Stripes
Wedding Crashers
Overboard
Fools Rush In
Bull Durham
It's Complicated
Planes, Trains, & Automobiles

click
the whole ten yards
the jumper
a man apart

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
A dumb movie which is a "fun" cult flick is Road House. You notice that at no time did I say "good".

Here is my list.

- Oceans 11 and 13 (LOVE THEM)
- Wayne's World 1 and 2
- Step Brothers
- Meet Dave
- 40 year old virgin
- Black Dynamite

Semper Fooey

The special effects may not be as slick, but this is a lot more fun than any Ray Harryhausen film. Good acting, humor, and the movie has even better scenes than in the trailer.

Dumb comedies like Anchorman, Walk Hard and Step Brothers.