Saddest movie you have seen

Tools    

I wipe my ass with your feelings
I saw Schindlers List in 2003 or 2004, and I've forgotten it...sad...I know.

Saddest movie ever? 2 Fast 2 Furious. NO MORE ATTEMPTS!

Onto my true list....I think Memento is a sad film. A man who can't find the killer of his wife and can't remember anything anymore?

One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest the movie hyped me up for freedom, but I was let down (never read the book)

Forrest Gump is quite sad. The ending just tears me into pieces. You wonder why sometimes.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind Even though I disliked the movie, something so great that ends up ruined is bad. You should at least have the memories...
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

Neutral Milk Hotel
In my mind, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind was a wonderful and happy film. At the end When shes saying that shell get bored with him he just says ok and accepts the bad things becasue all he wants is to be with her.
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

Originally Posted by Uncle Rico
In my mind, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind was a wonderful and happy film. At the end When shes saying that shell get bored with him he just says ok and accepts the bad things becasue all he wants is to be with her.
Which is

PATHETIC

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Godsend
Which is

PATHETIC
How so?

I don't understand why people like Moulin Rouge, definetly not my type of movie(therefore, I didnt think it was sad), I especially hate it when people sing the songs from that movie.
We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of uppers, downers, laughers, screamers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case ofbeer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Originally Posted by _fearandloathing_
I don't understand why people like Moulin Rouge, definetly not my type of movie(therefore, I didnt think it was sad), I especially hate it when people sing the songs from that movie.
Moulin Rouge is just cool. I like all of BazLuhrmann's films, although some people find them too over the top I like all the flashiness. Most of the songs aren't 'from' the movie anyway, the movie uses other songs/bits of other songs, which is also cool. It has a classic (if you don't like the fil you might say 'melodramatic') story. And Ewan McGregor looking particularly tasty. I think if I watched it over and over again the novelty might wear off, though.

Here to support the villians.......
Originally Posted by BullTaco
Fox and the Hound...gets me every time!!
I forgot that movie, Disney movies get me everytime.

Originally Posted by Godsend
Onto my true list....I think Memento is a sad film. A man who can't find the killer of his wife and can't remember anything anymore?
WARNING: "Memento" spoilers below
He killed her

I thought The Notebook was sad

There are those who call me...Tim.
Dumbo. Anyone who doesn't at least get a lump in their throat when Dumbo's visiting his mum when she's locked up, is an inhuman monster.

Dancer In The Dark
Salvador
Breaking The Waves

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
WARNING: spoilers below
He killed her
Yes...nice spoilers.

How so?
Sounds very child like to me. He's been rejected, but he goes after it. A waste of your life if you ask me. Holden, on the other hand, gave me a rep saying "anyone in a deep, romantic love would go through it for the good parts again" (something along the lines). Baffles me when the hurt is usually worst than the good times.

Also, how would HP know?

Neutral Milk Hotel
Well now the saddest and most depressing movie ive ever seen and, anyone whos seen it has to agree with me, is Requiem for a Dream. I would never watch that movie again for the pure fact that hte whole movie is about people going down the drain.

Magnolia
Requim For A Dream
Moulin Rouge

All three among my favourite movies.

Schindlers' List i don't remember as quit sad, the ending isn't anyway. then I would rather say The Pianist, also a pretty damn good movie.

The Notebook, A Love Song For Bobby Long

Don't Laugh but Oh God (having God respond to you and seeing him for the last time is sad in my book), Ghost, BackDraft, Somewhere in time and even Phenomenon were sad movies from the past. Recently, Snow Walker really surprised me as a good movie, Jersey Girl had its tear scene but I can't remember the movie but it has Denzel Washington and the girl from pitch black he's a bodyguard protecting a little girl. It has a sad ending as well.

Heavenly Creatures is damn sad, if you consider that Pauline and Juliet will never meet again, sad sad sad.

Dancer In The Dark and Breaking The Waves are sad, too. Every movie about abused women is sad, Dogville isn't that sad because Grace took her revenge in the end (btw i don't know what's going to happen to her in Manderlay\Wasington, but Von Trier is probably going to kill her.. that's the way).

then requiem for a dream, full metal jacket, talk to her, one flew over the cuckoo's nest, chinatown, cries and whispers..

Movie Forums Member
Fluke (1995). That was a really sad one.

Saw just the last 40 minutes of it on July 23, 2000.