The MoFo Top 100 of the 2000s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
oh ffs. i screwed up my list. I JUST remembered a movie that I can't believe I forgot. I may not participate from here on as I sulk into a dark cave of depression.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

oh ffs. i screwed up my list. I JUST remembered a movie that I can't believe I forgot. I may not participate from here on as I sulk into a dark cave of depression.
If you tell me what it is, I can check the list, see if it made it, and then not tell you and feel smug in my knowledge.

If you tell me what it is, I can check the list, see if it made it, and then not tell you and feel smug in my knowledge.
Ah the memories of having the info...

Feel like a kind of Dark Lord...

Typical Yoda talking in riddles... not making any sense to anyone.

Dude, even Grogu made more sense than you do sometimes.

Joking of course.
He made more sense than you all the time.

Get lost, Flashy Fingertips.
Now now, don't drag this thread into a one-two between you and me.

We all saw what happened in 19BBY when I slapped you around a bit and then took over the Galaxy before you went into hiding.

I haven't seen Still Walking yet. Master and Commander is an excellent film, a 9/10. I have it on blu ray. The New World is a good movie, 7/10 from me. I have The New World on the Criterion special 3 disc blu ray.

chuffed
/CHəft/
Learn to pronounce
adjective INFORMAL • BRITISH
very pleased.
"I'm dead chuffed to have won"
Definitions from Oxford Languages
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Wow already on the first day of the countdown and 2 of the first 3 movies made my ballot

Still Walking was my #3! it made my ballot and the countdown thanks to TN aka Thursday Next who recommended it to me in my 2000s Recommendation thread.

Master and Commander
was my #4! This was the first movie I thought of when this countdown was announced. I'm pretty sure it also wouldn't have made the countdown without my help.

chuffed
/CHəft/
Learn to pronounce
adjective INFORMAL • BRITISH
very pleased.
"I'm dead chuffed to have won"
Definitions from Oxford Languages
Informal?
"Chuffed" is used by the Royals.

So I'm told

Informal?
"Chuffed" is used by the Royals.

So I'm told
I don't know whether it is used by the Royals but it most certainly is used in their presence as evidenced by this told to me by a distant relative who was once related by marriage to the step-uncle of one of her chauffeurs:
"I do believe Georgie Corgi just chuffed again Ma'am - would Ma'am like the window opened?"

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Yay it's started!

I have seen 5 of the on-pointers, including my own, Wet Hot American Summer.

I like Still Walking a lot, glad to see it almost make the list.

Master and Commander is decent; not sure I have watched The New World all the way through.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
For **** Sake!!!

I was so sure I'd not forgotten anything, and there it is, first load of films. Master and Commander would have been my top 5 most likely, glad that it made it though!