Get Out (2017)

→ in
Tools    

Duplicate Account (locked)
9/10

"Get Out" is a jarring polemic about biopolitical alienation that leaves the viewer just as confused and unsettled as the main character (Chris). The white family who "hosts" him in the movie displays peele's oddball sense of humor and the awkward nature of white/black relations in the united states.

GET OUT!

Good movie. Very well written.

But the casting choice for the white son was terrible in my opinion. Was that kid really supposed to be intimidating to anyone? Seemed like a typical wimp high school kid who is trying to act cool to overcompensate.

They should have picked a more convincing son for that role. Also the father seemed like a wimp too. Whoever played the white mother did a great job.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I thought it was decent, and give it a 7/10, but I do not understand why so many people consider it to be a masterpiece, and really surprised it was nominated for best picture.

It's good and entertaining for something to put on to watch, but what keeps it from being a masterpiece in my opinion is that it is really kind of a re-doing of The Stepford Wives I thought, and that keeps it from being more original.

As good as the film is, I consider it to be slightly overrated as well.

I have to admit that after re-watching this film. there was a lot I missed the first time and I really underestimated its brillance.