What Is The Most Disturbing Film?

Tools    

I got to watch Deadbeat at Dawn but didn't find it unsettling or gory. What did you find disturbing about it? Curious.
It's very seedy and violent, but it may not make my top 100. I liked it btw. If you like, I'll send you a link to a real sick one and you can review it in the thread.

It's very seedy and violent
That's true, though. It looked more like a dystopia.

----

Sorry, a link to what?

That's true, though. It looked more like a dystopia.

----

Sorry, a link to what?
I'll send you a link to one of the movies on that list. You watch it and then review it in this thread.

I'll send you a link to one of the movies on that list. You watch it and then review it in this thread.
Thanks, I'll let you know then. I've seen a bunch of the ones you recommended on your list lately.

Definitely either Irreversible, Funny Games (the original) or A Serbian Film.

Definitely either Irreversible, Funny Games (the original) or A Serbian Film.
Haven't seen the last one, and have no desire to. The first two are worth a watch. Funny Games is more of a student film experiment (finger waggling at the audience). Irreversible nicely undercuts that idea of the revenge premise.

The very idea of "most disturbing" is pointless. It is not some great achievement. Some snuff film has already captured this prize. That filmic approximations exist is hardly something to brag about.

I saw Rise of the Footsoldier on youtube. I assume it was the unrated version. Good flick. But man that accent was hard to understand. I wish I had had subtitles in English! That definitely wasn't your typical London accent, was it? Maybe some kind of street language?
Did people from North America also find it difficult to follow? Or even from the UK?

The Fault in Our Stars exactly. I don't really like films like that but this one made me really worried. Never felt such a feeling while watching movie.

There was this, I think, European film from this century I've read a little bit about whose name escapes me now. Maybe somebody can help with the name; it was about a child killing a girl schoolmate.

Hmmm...does it have an alliterative title? If it's the one I think it is I'll be looking forward to the review.

Disturbing on an artistic level, Requiem for a Dream.
Disturbing on a Rated-R level, Akira.
Disturbing on a bad level, Lust for Frankenstein.

Irreversible (2002), possibly.

The trick is not minding
Irreversible and Human Centipede were both films I stopped because they were just too disturbing. I should really bite the bullet and actually watch them, sometime, but yeah….disturbing.

Irreversible and Human Centipede were both films I stopped because they were just too disturbing. I should really bite the bullet and actually watch them, sometime, but yeah….disturbing.
Centipede 2 is much more disgusting than the 1st

I Saw the Devil

Has anyone watched Feed Me (by the same director of Hosts), and The Profane Exhibit (it's an anthology)?