Top 5 Worst Movies You Have Sat Through

Tools    

My Darth Star is in for a service
My apologises if this has already been done but I'm new here

1.Battlefield Earth
2.Mamma Mia
3.GallowWalkers
4.Bridget Jones's Diary (I nearly typed Diahhorea)
5.Spy

5. The Beast of Yukka Flats
4. The Hellcats
3. Manos: The Hands of Fate
2. Re-Animated
1. Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny

5-3 are MST3K.

Mamma Mia wasn't that bad.

I've lost any actual perspective of badness many years ago. I love badness. There is beauty is badness. All that I can still understand are films that I hate, and these are 5 of them

Baby Driver
The Hangover
Fahrenheit 9/11
Attack of the Clones
Beasts of the Southern Wild

I don't normally watch WOAT films, but according to my IMDb, here are my least favorite watches:

1) Tintorera: Killer Shark
2) Faces of Death
3) A Kid in King Arthur's Court
4) Little Boy
5) Born to Be Wild

1. The Mothman Prophecies (I took my Mom to see it because she had a crush on Richard Gere)
2. Many Hallmark Christmas Movies (Again spending time with my Mom)
3.Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things
4.Aloha (My crush on Bradley cooper did not serve me well here)
5.Love Actually

I am sure there are much worse films but these I actually sat through. I usually will get up and wander into another theater at the Multiplex.

Why did you dislike that one? I felt as if it somewhat flew over my head, but I did enjoy it quite a bit.

I really don't even remember it very well. I know I wanted to see it quite a bit when it came out. But my experience watching it was to just constantly be aggravated by whatever its point was. It felt cheaply dishonest about the beauty of poverty and hardship. Not that there aren't movies that have done this successfully. But there was something patronizing and infantalizing about the tone of the film that felt like it was made by some pamperered **** who likes the idea of squalor by proxy. Like the girl Jarvis Cocker is talking about in the song "Common People". It was a film made by a misery tourist. It smelt of dishonesty, and it was gross and annoyed me deeply.

I can't think of anything that actually happened in the film. Just....the....hate......

1. The Mothman Prophecies (I took my Mom to see it because she had a crush on Richard Gere)
2. Many Hallmark Christmas Movies (Again spending time with my Mom)
3.Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things
4.Aloha (My crush on Bradley cooper did not serve me well here)
5.Love Actually

I forgot about Love Actually! I knew their was a romcom out there I loathed.

Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things is great though.

I really don't even remember it very well. I know I wanted to see it quite a bit when it came out. But my experience watching it was to just constantly be aggravated by whatever its point was. It felt cheaply dishonest about the beauty of poverty and hardship. Not that there aren't movies that have done this successfully. But there was something patronizing and infantalizing about the tone of the film that felt like it was made by some pamperered **** who likes the idea of squalor by proxy. Like the girl Jarvis Cocker is talking about in the song "Common People". It was a film made by a misery tourist. It smelt of dishonesty, and it was gross and annoyed me deeply.

I can't think of anything that actually happened in the film. Just....the....hate......
For what it's worth, I don't remember it much as well. I just remember being impressed by Wallis's performance, certain visuals in the film, and Hushpuppy's arc. I'd have to watch it again though to have a better defense of it.

Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things is great though.

I liked its badness. I am hard pressed to think of movies that I hate that I sat through cause I am not a masochist.

Now I am curious what you hate about these movies?

I'm not allowed to talk about Babydriver anymore, because it will send a bat signal up for (the former Corrie poster) MKS, and he will come and school me about it's technical finesse, and I'll tell him finesse if for figure skating, and then we'll start throwing cream pies at each other and I'll feel entirely responsible for this mess I created. In short though, nothing is worse than a movie that desperately wants you to think it's 'cool' and this is all Babydriver wants to be. But when you notice the strains it's going through to impress its audience, I just start feeling embarassed for it. Then, when it just keeps popping its collar and cueing up its perfectly calibrated soundtrack (that it probably stole from its older brother) I become angry at its arrogant smugness. I grit my teeth through the whole film.

As for The Hangover, I actually hate most comedies as films. Most almost rely entirely on the crutch of laughter to have any value at all, and The Hangover provided no laughs for this poor soul. So I what was I left with? A bunch of zany antics escalating predictably, while a bunch of actors I don't like make funny faces. At least it introduced me to Zach Galifinakis, who is generally okay, but only when he's entirely in charge to weird everyone out. He kinda sucked in The Hangover too though. But at least he wasn't Bradley Cooper.

I liked its badness. I am hard pressed to think of movies that I hate that I sat through cause I am not a masochist.

I was morally obligated to like it. It cost me a thousand dollars in late charges at a video store.

It took me about four watches to finally realize what a wonderfully weird thing it is. Certainly not for all tastes though. Or maybe any taste.

I have a list on Letterboxd (click here), but for those that don't want to click, these are some...

Double Team
Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Transformers
Surrogates
Chernobyl Diaries
Speed 2: Cruise Control
A Good Day to Die Hard
The Human Centipede 3: Final Sequence
Agent F.O.X.

I also have an interesting triumvirate in Holy Man/Showtime/15 Minutes, with an Eddie Murphy/Robert DeNiro overlap.

I have a list on Letterboxd (click here), but for those that don't want to click, these are some...

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Completely forgot about this turd. But for some sick, god-awful reason, I'll watch it when it comes on while spinning through the channels.

Welcome to the human race...
I'm more bothered by the inclusion of Double Team. That's an avant-garde masterpiece.

Like crumb, this is more a list of movies off the top of my head that pissed me off rather than any remotely objective measure of the "worst" that I've seen:

Spring Breakers

The Love Witch

The Night Porter

The Predator

The Fate of the Furious