Movies That Are Underrated.....

Tools    

upgrade. i usually dislike low budget movies. but blumhouse has knocked it out of the park with upgrade and get out and split

upgrade deserves best movie of that year.

season of the witch. on netflix right now. way better than review scores; actually pretty clever plot and dialogue. good chemistry between actors.

Can we talk about how grossly underwatched, 'Legionnaire' (1998) is? Here is my critique video/vlog about the film, which has some incredible cinematography by DP Douglas Milsome. Let's talk about it! And for those who haven't seen it, please do so! One of JCVD's best films AND an excellent war drama overall!

Go to my YouTube channel, FlikerTheatre, and hit the Videos tab and click on the first video!

You could argue that this movie would have been better served as a mini series. Fabulous direction, script and music. Gosling being cool as ****, and Cooper's best performance. And Dane Dehaan making a solid impression.

One of the best gangster movies, with brilliant performances from everyone.

A Hitchcock-esque thriller. Brad Greenquist's portrayal of the killer is wonderful.
The movie has minor flaws, but it's truly an underrated gem.

You could argue that this movie would have been better served as a mini series. Fabulous direction, script and music. Gosling being cool as ****, and Cooper's best performance. And Dane Dehaan making a solid impression.

One of the best gangster movies, with brilliant performances from everyone.
Like/Love both, The Place Beyond the Pines is on my 'Favorite Heist Films' list @ # 51 and Eastern Promises is on my 'Top 250 of All Time' list @ # 109.

Based on the truth.. and lies.
I second baron fink great movie I thought really atmospheric which I love in movies.

Thumbsucker (2005)

count? as underrated not sure. I saw it in the dollar general store bin so I think it's widely disregarded. Great movie awesome soundtrack

Some underrated movies:

Jackie Brown: My favorite Tarantino movie. Doesn't get nearly as much credit as it deserves as a classic.

Clockers: A very, very underrated Spike Lee crime drama.
I'll second these two...a re-watch of Clockers is definitely overdue for me.

I'm not sure underrated would apply but maybe under exposed for "Box of Moonlight" starring John Turturro and Sam Rockwell, which is a really cool little indie comedy from back in the mid 90s.

Kind of a buddy film. Crime it hasn't gotten a wider release on home media, at least. Would love a blu ray presentation. It deserves it.

Director: Tom Dicillo

I'm adding this one to my watchlist...loves me some Sam Rockwell

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Cell 211 (2009) and The Skin I Live In (2011). Both excellent movies from Spain but it seems no one I know, has even heard of these movies.

Night Shift (1982)
Green Room (2015)
What We Do in the Shadows (2014)
The Lookout (2007)
Good Time (2017)
Idiocracy (2006)
Night and the City (1950)
Locke (2013)
The Out-of-Towners (1970)

About a few years ago, I gave "I, Robot" a rather low score after a rewatch, dismissing it as yet another Hollywood-meddled project that could have been something more fulfilling for the audience instead of some action flick with a big-name star. My previous criticism still kinda applies today, but after so long, I feel like I was probably too harsh, especially after watching Cinema Win's video on all the great subtle storytelling in the movie. Will Smith also played the hell out of his role, especially in the confession scene where he revealed why he's against robots. I haven't seen Will being that fantastic in his acting since his Fresh Prince's "Why he don't want me, man?" performance.

The whole idea of a black cop being paranoid about (and profiling) a bunch of white, shiny robots who are technically sentient slaves of a large corporation didn't occur to me either until Cinema Wins pointed it out. It could be just a coincidence and not the genius filmmaking the video pointed out, but I feel like these little touches just showed what the movie could've been. For your info, this movie went through production hell for a long time, so it went through a lot of changes.

Few more that i loved but don't hear about from others.

Good directorial debut of Edgerton.

This one was based on a true story. Nice thriller.

Yep the war was fought on lies.

This raises good issues and speaks for all sides. Also, quite a decent thriller.

Soldier-I think that Kurt Russel gave one of his best performances in this nice Sci-Fi flick...The Lone Ranger-nice flick too many folks wanted Clayton Moore's Lone Ranger but Johnny Depp put a different spin on it but told told a nice story.