Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

Beasts of No Nation (2015)

Kind of like a (very) poor mans Apocalypse Now set in Africa and with a much much younger version of Sheen.
Still good though.

I really enjoyed this one and had it not been a Netflix bought film, could see it contending at the Oscars.

Suspect's Reviews

WW is a better DC movie than the last couple of ones, but I think it is a bit overrated now.

My buddy said this is on par with Batman Begins, which I disagreed.

A must-own soundtrack!

Honestly I would give this movie an 8/10 if I didn't see Drive, which I believe is better in so many levels.

Still a decent summer movie though.

Baby Driver:

Drive:

The Dark Corner (1946)

From the noirs list, a private detective gets framed and his secretary tries to help him. Lucille Ball plays the secretary in the only movie I've ever seen her in. She was good, but seemed out of place in a noir. I liked Mark Stevens as the PI and William Bendix as a goon. The movie has that great noir look and uses music in a very natural way. It's a solid movie, but it was not especially riveting or exciting. I don't think it'll stick in my memory.

yes, it's still works after so many years. Great mockumentary and overview to a UK metal band that should reconsider their enterprise. I easily rate it 4/5

I can't even remember it...

Anyway, I caught up with some classics.

Who's Affrais of virginia Woolf?
The Mandurian Candidate
To Kill a mocking bird
The Philadelphia story
Network
Sunset Boulevard
Casablanca
Good will hunting
The apartment
A Star is born (?54)
Rebel Without a Cause
Tha african Queen
Annie Hall
The Getaway (72)
The Wild buinch

edit:
I can't fbelieve I forgot The Third Man.
I also can't believe i forgot 12 Angry Men. I know it won 50s here, and it really is a genial film like everybody says it is.

Favorite line: You don't really mean you'll kill me, do you?

The Philadelphia Story was somewhat of a disappointment, mainly cause of the three leads. They executed it weak, imho. Kate's always annoyed me anyhow. Even though I'm terrified of her. Who isn't? Not that the story's weak, there's humor in it, especially at the beginning, but as the so-callled romance increases . No, it's not that, it really is annoying. Cukor's directing's likeablethough.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
I heard that the critics absolutely trashed this . The high rating makes me sort of interested
I also wouldn't say it is a piece of art and I will be remember this movie till I die, but like the plot - it's unusual. It is a great compliement for a movie, because I've seen many, many films and I think it's not easy to fancy something new. I'm sure You have also a feeling many times during watching diverse movies, that You've seen it somewhere before.

As I wrote, Will Smith suprised me with his good acting. There was Helen Mirren who I love and Kate Winslet. Edward Norton was not so brilliant and I don't fond of Keira, but they were just ok.

And to be honest, there aren't many critics with who I agree. I prefer journalists, who are in cinematography field and of course I read MoFos and other watchers opinions.

IMO it is decent movie

And what is Your opinion? Have You seen it already?

I can't even remember it...

Anyway, I caught up with some classics.

Who's Affrais of virginia Woolf?
The Mandurian Candidate
To Kill a mocking bird
The Philadelphia story
Network
Sunset Boulevard
Casablanca
Good will hunting
The apartment
A Star is born (?54)
Rebel Without a Cause
Tha african Queen
Annie Hall
The Getaway (72)
The Wild buinch

edit:
I can't fbelieve I forgot The Third Man.
BEATLE!!!!!

I missed ya my friend!

BEATLE!!!!!

I missed ya my friend!
Well,my favorite mofo...I've been here yesterday, are you blind?

seriously,you are my fave mofo, I was just wondering why you didn't even give me a rep. Missed it, I guess.

ok, this could be pretty hillarious,but I'm wondering are you aquarius? Leo -Aquarius is the perfect combination. Thst's why Mark and I are so deam good too.

People, it's do John in because of his witchcraft again.

This might just do nobody any good.
Why do so many people compare Baby Driver with Drive? They are very different films.
Movies about getaway drivers?
Yeah, superficial similarities are what tend to dominate film discussions. They're funny cause they're references.

Well,my favorite mofo...I've been here yesterday, are you blind?

seriously,you are my fave mofo, I was just wondering why you didn't even give me a rep. Missed it, I guess.

ok, this could be pretty hillarious,but I'm wondering are you aquarius? Leo -Aquarius is the perfect combination. Thst's why Mark and I are so deam good too.

People, it's do John in because of his witchcraft again.
I am Aquarius, yeah.

I also wouldn't say it is a piece of art and I will be remember this movie till I die, but like the plot - it's unusual. It is a great compliement for a movie, because I've seen many, many films and I think it's not easy to fancy something new. I'm sure You have also a feeling many times during watching diverse movies, that You've seen it somewhere before.

As I wrote, Will Smith suprised me with his good acting. There was Helen Mirren who I love and Kate Winslet. Edward Norton was not so brilliant and I don't fond of Keira, but they were just ok.

And to be honest, there aren't many critics with who I agree. I prefer journalists, who are in cinematography field and of course I read MoFos and other watchers opinions.

IMO it is decent movie

And what is Your opinion? Have You seen it already?
No I haven't seen it but the cast interested me when it came out. It also has a decent IMDB rating of 6.8 so I might check it out sometime.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
The Dark Corner (1946)

From the noirs list, a private detective gets framed and his secretary tries to help him. Lucille Ball plays the secretary in the only movie I've ever seen her in. She was good, but seemed out of place in a noir. I liked Mark Stevens as the PI and William Bendix as a goon. The movie has that great noir look and uses music in a very natural way. It's a solid movie, but it was not especially riveting or exciting. I don't think it'll stick in my memory.
Actually considered watching this last year when I watched Lucille Ball in another noir mystery called Lured. Never seemed to get around to it. Lured was good, it had a bit of a comedic side to it.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them
rather charming and amusing lil addition to the Harry Potter mythos. Just may get a copy of this for the collection. . .