What was the last movie you saw at the theaters?

Tools    

Unfortunately, the odd life of timothy green. My gf picked it out and it was really boring.

Life Of Pi ***** 5 stars must see movie!

Its been a while since Ive been in a theater. Last one I saw was Preminition.

I saw "Trance" and "42." 42 was decent, with a pretty good performance by Harrison Ford. The movie itself was very safe. Given that it was about Jackie Robinson, who was the first black baseball player in history, I feel like it was a bit of a missed opportunity. It could have been a lot deeper and more emotionally involving given the subject matter.

"Trance" was very difficult to follow, and didn't really have any actors in it that I was really interested in seeing. Overall, parts of it were interesting, but I was often pretty confused by the plot. 42 is worth seeing as a rental, but "Trance" was a bit of a mess. I wouldn't recommend seeing either in the theater.

Must be doin sumthin right
Captain America: The Winter Soldier

I know it's hopeless to expect a little subtlety from enormous expensive summer action movies when they're trying to work in their real world socipolitical allegories but oh man there's a point in this movie where Captain America is basically telling NSA analysts to look into their hearts and rebel against their government so it's kind of crazy we've reached this point. They obviously picked the right superhero to tackle government surveillance but it was kind of bungled, overall. Even when it is bungled, though, I guess you still have to appreciate it when these movies have more on their mind than Hulk smash so thanks I guess, Russo bros. Things I did really love - ambush of Nick Fury in the middle of Washington DC traffic, the flare that sounded whenever the Winter Soldier appeared, Johansson getting showcased for a potential Black Widow movie and the general handling of pitting Cap's ideals vs present day realities/attitudes.

Too bad that outside of all that in the end it can't escape the same predictable beats all the other Marvel Cinematic Universe films seem to suffer from. What are any of these movies leading towards other than the next movie. I guess that's just a problem with comics, but oh well. Speaking of inherent problems with comics, though...

WARNING: "TWS" spoilers below
I know they'd never kill off Sam Jackson at this point, but man I am so tired of all these death fakeouts. Especially now that they're putting SHIELD through all this turnover in their continuity anyway, couldn't they have let the deaths of Agent Coulson and Fury stand and keep some sort of stakes hanging around? Let Tony Stark take over as SHIELD director and give RDJ the cameo gig Jackson had.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

I liked the first one, but it wasn't among my favorite Marvel films. This one was much better!

Join Ben and Adam live every Sunday night 6pm EST on http://mixlr.com/next-level-radio/
www.nextlevelradioonline.com
Twitter: @NXTLevelRadio
Facebook.com/nextlevelradioonline

Darren Aronofsky's "Noah".... I really enjoyed it. Kept my attention and love the darkness of the film.