Is Physical Media Coming to an End??

Tools    

The answer is no.

As long as there are people who embrace physical media (which there is endless amounts) it will never cease to flourish. I for one am an avid collector of Blu and 4k and personally have no worries. It is assumed that streaming and digital will take over such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime and even digital codes for Movies Anywhere/Vudu. It is a fact that thousands of films and TV shows most likely won't see the light of day on streaming/digital formats, and the only way to watch them are on Blu, DVD or even VHS. Which again is another reason why there is no end of physical media in sight. I could write an endless post on my thoughts on this subject but I'll save myself hours of time.

Please share your thoughts....

An argument could be made for music being one day available in mostly digital format. I couldn't find a couple of CDs on my daughter's Christmas list and was told many teens prefer to download their music. I ended up getting her an iTunes card. I can see where it would a business could make a nice profit selling digital versions of "out of print" albums of the past.

Yes, at the same time I was shopping for my daughter, I saw re-releases of "The Wall," "Purple Rain" and others on vinyl. I'm a bit old-fashioned and like having physical forms of entertainment but do prefer CDs to vinyl because they are portable and I can listen to them in my car.

I now have about 400 DVDs and dwindling due to upgrading the format and maybe 40-50 VHS maybe. I have now around I say 100-115 blu/4ks at the moment. With me upgrading from regular blu to 4k.
There's a thread around here somewhere where people have posted photos of their DVD collections. Some of them cover the entire wall. @gbgoodies and @The Rodent have HUGE collections.

Vinyls are being re-released all the time. Personally I prefer the sound of Vinyl than digital honestly.
You prefer vinyl to CDs or mp3s that's cool...question are you older or younger? Usually older folks like vinyl.

There's a thread around here somewhere where people have posted photos of their DVD collections. Some of them cover the entire wall. @gbgoodies and @The Rodent have HUGE collections.

My pics are out of date now, I've grown the collection since the last update

By reading his reviews, I think Rodent and I have some of the same tastes, so I should check out that old thread.
I was going to ask if you were brand new to MoFo, but I see you've been here 11 months. Ask Rodent to make you a nifty avatar He's super good at that!

BTW for Harvey, Radio Days & Only The Lonely in your top ten

I love the smell of movies in the morning
if the big wigs and fat cats had their way, then eventually yes it will be dead. but if the artists and common man come together and fight for the art form then we can keep it alive forever